Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Kadri

Familiar Face
Tinseltown said:
Kadri, you are stunning! You look like you just stepped out of the 20s. :D

Could you tell me the lipsticks your wearing in the different pictures? Great colours. ;)

Thank you. :)
All lipsticks I own are from quite cheapo Estonian brands.Whatever is red enough and doesn't dry out my lips is fine by me ;)

vintagemaven

New in Town
Short 1940's hair do's

I found these hairstyles on a vintage website. since I have short layered hair now I am trying to figure out what i can do with it.

shinydarkshortandwavy.jpg

sleekshortwavyhair.jpg

sleekshorthair6.jpg

sleekshorthair.jpg

sleekshorthair5.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Kadri, I'd might as well admit I have a crush on you! Your look is very 30s, yet at the same time you remind me of the modern actress that is closest to my heart: Kirsten Dunst. Not only the smile, like Laura Chase said, but the eyes as well. You are a heartthrob!

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0005h.jpg

Kadri

Familiar Face
cherry lips said:
Kadri, I'd might as well admit I have a crush on you! Your look is very 30s, yet at the same time you remind me of the modern actress that is closest to my heart: Kirsten Dunst. Not only the smile, like Laura Chase said, but the eyes as well. You are a heartthrob!

Aww...thank you so much.You're a doll.:)

Really,you all make me blush.:eek:

When I still had long hair,everyone kept telling me I looked like Kirsten.I've never quite seen that,but I do like her.

Ms. Alice

New in Town
Question

So, ladies...I'm new (first post!) and also rather new to trying to be anything other than an insufferable tomboy. I think one of the biggest challenges that has continually kept me from trying to look more girly is my hair: it's stubbornly straight (I think it's funny when people ask me what products/iron I use--most days it's not even brushed! ha!) and before I decided I needed a more flattering style, I was for years in the habit of wearing it limp and long. The long and short of it (heehee) is that I'm totally ignorant. My hair's quite short and done in this funky asymmetrical hair-do now, so I really want to know: what's "too short" for pin curls? Letting my hair dry from a wet braid was the only way I ever got it to curl and I'm dying to try!

Here's some pics for reference (it's a little grown out now, especially towards the back after my last cut that was mostly to take length off the front of the long side) of what it kind of does now:

Stuff178.jpg

web1.jpg

web.jpg

Kadri

Familiar Face
Thank you,everyone for the lovely comments! :)

Here is as close as I can come to marcelled hair...by cheating a bit.Or a lot.

l_23648fb57579467cbcd5e840fde5a202.jpg

Here are some styles I used to manage while I had a perm:

This one was just wet hair I set with my fingers and some styling lotion.The perm did all the work.

IMGP4230.jpg

IMGP4726.jpg

IMGP7166.jpg

Here's the perm after setting it with foam rollers.
l_a201989269f14d06baa26e3166e9063b.jpg

l_12fd7cb915c4e260f5ca6dc87c499c87.jpg

I really think I will have to get a perm again,because I don't have time to set my hair every day,as finals are approaching in spring.
And without setting it,I refuse to leave the house.

Speaking of Jean Harlow-I'd sure love to have her hair in this pic.

jean-harlow-publicenemy-103.jpg

Esme

One of the Regulars
Ms. Alice, you have the perfect hair for those Louise Brooks bobs, stick straight. Maybe something like that. Just google Louise Brooks and you will get tons of pix.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Kadri, marry me!
IMGP4230.jpg

Ms. Alice
Esme said:
Ms. Alice, you have the perfect hair for those Louise Brooks bobs, stick straight. Maybe something like that. Just google Louise Brooks and you will get tons of pix.
This is exactly what I thought. Either that, or a Jean Seberg cut:
jean+seberg.jpg

Tomboys can be hot!

MissS

A-List Customer
Hello ladies

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but thought I'd share my hair from yesterday with you all. Sorry, the pics are a little out of focus, but I forgot to snap some images before I left home.

u_opening_hair.jpg

Uliveto045.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner