Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
This is my hair today,

i did a set with flexible perming rods, with a simalar pattern to Fleur's
tutorial on youtube.

I'm very pleased with the front wave.

:eek:fftopic: sorry for the bare shoulders I had a tattoo last wednesday and I wasn't really allowed to put anything over it

21n4d1f.jpg

2i9qfd4.jpg

161ib6t.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
not style, but i got my hair cut

Prob be able to do more of 20s thing with it at this length, but it needed to go. My head has been much to sensitive. Should have taken pics yesterday when I had the sides curled up.

the back
2009-07-12121652.jpg

the front. left the sides a lil long so it doesnt really look short from the front. looks cute when its all tousled, but thats deff not a vintage style, lol
2009-07-12121726.jpg
2009-07-12121747.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you Blondie,

here's my hair today, I was inspired by Fleur this time again,
so a put a giant rat at the front.

I think it is maybe a little to big but I don't have a smaller one,
it's also a bit frizzy but I fiddled around with it for such a long time it began frizzing

o77vpf.jpg

153b521.jpg

20kb2x5.jpg

balgal

New in Town
Originally posted by Jezebel:
I know ruby woo may seem over used but I feel as if It fits my skin tone perfectly. I consider myself to be a cool tone.

Cool tone definately and a very good complexion. You have very beautiful lips, but your eyes and your eyebrows are what drew me in first. All together you are a very beautiful lady.

Inky

One Too Many
Everyone's hair is lovelier all the time!! Antje that bang roll looks really great on you! It doesn't see too big in the picture. I love it!

I also tried Fleur's tutorial after receiving my hotsticks and they are my new love. They get SO hot and are easy to use. I put in some Motions setting foam (also a new discovery for me and I like it very much, not crunchy at all and works like a mousse) first then some frizz serum after (but still i get frizzy, that's been a lifelong problem with my hair!). I still think it turned out swell and this will be my new go-to quick and easy method when I don't have time for a proper wet set.

3717231720_dfcc3963e5.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Everyone's hair is lovelier all the time!! Antje that bang roll looks really great on you! It doesn't see too big in the picture. I love it!

I also tried Fleur's tutorial after receiving my hotsticks and they are my new love. They get SO hot and are easy to use. I put in some Motions setting foam (also a new discovery for me and I like it very much, not crunchy at all and works like a mousse) first then some frizz serum after (but still i get frizzy, that's been a lifelong problem with my hair!). I still think it turned out swell and this will be my new go-to quick and easy method when I don't have time for a proper wet set.

3717231720_dfcc3963e5.jpg

You look beautiful! :eusa_clap

Rhian

New in Town
Antje, I love that front roll and the pink flower in your hair!

Inky, you look gorgeous in that style. I've just watched Fleur's tutorial and am really tempted to get a set of hot sticks now... (Oh, and snap! We have the same piercing. :))

Antje

One Too Many
Helysoune, thanks :)

Inky, thank you, I think that the roll wasn't too bad after all.
I had to get used to it.
Your do rocks :eusa_clap Fleur did give us some great inspiration

Rhian, Thank you :)

Miss Vixen

New in Town
Hello Ladies,
I am new to the board and have been reading all your posts and I just LOVE everyones hair!! My hair is cut in a bob with short in the back and long in the front. I always spend forever with the blow dryer and a flat iron so it will be stick straight. I saw everyones posting about having natural curl so today I washed it, put a tiny bit of gel in it......... and let it air dry..... Hubby says I look like a 1920s/1930s gal.... what do you all think? I totally want a Vintage looking hair style and since I have a lot of curl I might as well STOP ruining my hair with the flat iron!!! any suggestions/pictures are most appreciated! Nice to meet everyone!!!

3b89095b.jpg

Aorta

Familiar Face
Miss Vixen said:
any suggestions/pictures are most appreciated!

Welcome to the Lounge! Oh, stop using this evil tool, your natural hair is SO beautiful! I think a not-too-short shingle (without bangs) would suit you perfectly. Maybe you can play a bit with the search engine over here - I always find a lot of inspiration for bobbed haircuts there.

Miss Vixen

New in Town
Shirin said:
HI Miss Vixen, welcome to Fedora Lounge.
I think you have the right idea to go with your natural curls (you lucky gal!).
Here's a few links for some great 30s style hair that you may be able to achieve with a good trim and some practice
http://beautyisathingofthepast.blogspot.com/search/label/1930's
http://hairstyles.1930s-fashions.co.uk/
http://www.revampvintage.com/30shair.html

Shirin~
Thank you so much for the links and the ideas! by the way your hair (and you) are beautiful!! thanks again for the tips :)

Miss Vixen

New in Town
Aorta said:
Welcome to the Lounge! Oh, stop using this evil tool, your natural hair is SO beautiful! I think a not-too-short shingle (without bangs) would suit you perfectly. Maybe you can play a bit with the search engine over here - I always find a lot of inspiration for bobbed haircuts there.

Aorta~
Thanks for the link and the ideas! I knew you ladies would have some great suggestions :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80