Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

PerryVail

New in Town
Newbie's Hair

Hey ladies!
I'm new here at fedora lounge, but a long time lover of everything vintage. here are a few photos of my past hairstyles!
100_2268.jpg
Back when I was platinum blonde. These curls are leftover from the night before.
100_3380.jpg
Don't mind the blonde bobby pins! Pomp and rolls.
Photo20.jpg
Can't beat a simple snood!
Photo21.jpg
Snood with a twist.
DSC_6949.jpg
My man and I on my Birthday. The curls will last for 2 or 3 days.

Hope you like my pics! Thanks for all of your amazing posts and fantastic info!!
PerryVail

Toni

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
This is my hair today:

3735800171_f8d51b3c42.jpg

But because people have asked me before to show the back, here it is:

3736593568_d14a68f0be.jpg

(bit windy so ignore the flyaways!) I used the same rat that I do my faux bangs with to do this back roll.

Gorgeous as usual! Will you be doing a tutorial soon about how you do your victory rolls as well as the faux bang one that you promised us?! (Pretty pretty please?!) :D
PS. Thanks for your comment, it was thanks to you that I got my Hot Sticks in the first place - so thank you! :)

December

One of the Regulars
Toni said:
:D Thank you December, I'm still in the practising stages but looking forward to trying some other stuff!! You're hair looks fab by the way!!

Aaw thanks Toni. Like you, I'm still in the practising stages.

I'd love to be able to do a back roll like Fleur's!

This was my hair on Friday:
DSCF3839.jpg

I was pretty pleased with how the wave at the front turned out.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
I went to a wedding at the weekend.
I had a massive nightmare with my hair in the morning but think it turned out okay. I got my hair cut recently and am finding it a bit short to do rolls and anything elaborate so I just set it. I'm not very expirienced with pin curls and sets, so all things considered, I don't think it came out too bad. :rolleyes:

meanddave-1.jpg

mewedding.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
He looks great! I wish I could get mine to dress like that!

Actually I've just started buying him clothes (he has typical "If it fits, I'll wear it" male style) so I might be able to sneakily ease him into it! lol

Inky

One Too Many
You all look lovely! I envy your rolls ladies - must get to practicing more with my foam roll thing and i ALMOST have enough hair to make my own (in my vintage hair receiver it's so much more glam).

Miss Caroline, your chap looks almost as lovely as you do. Your little hat is adorable!

December - just start slow and he'll come on board. I did with my hubby (who was strictly a shorts and t-shirts guy, sometimes jeans) and now I fear I have created a monster who is far more high maintenance than I am with his special barber hair cut, proper jeans, shirts with buttons, leather jacket, motorcycle boots. I've made my very own Rebel. hahaha, call me Mrs. Frankenstein.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
You all look lovely! I envy your rolls ladies - must get to practicing more with my foam roll thing and i ALMOST have enough hair to make my own (in my vintage hair receiver it's so much more glam).

Miss Caroline, your chap looks almost as lovely as you do. Your little hat is adorable!

December - just start slow and he'll come on board. I did with my hubby (who was strictly a shorts and t-shirts guy, sometimes jeans) and now I fear I have created a monster who is far more high maintenance than I am with his special barber hair cut, proper jeans, shirts with buttons, leather jacket, motorcycle boots. I've made my very own Rebel. hahaha, call me Mrs. Frankenstein.

lol lol lol lol
I've done that to my man too!! It started with one shirt now he's a man-diva!

December

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

This is so funny! I guess I should be careful with mine in case I do create a monster!

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
*martini*time* said:
lol lol lol lol
I've done that to my man too!! It started with one shirt now he's a man-diva!

He was wearing his *first ever* suit. I took him shopping the day before.
He's very into the vintage style and owns lots of bits and pieces but he's oten too shy to wear it. Mostly he wears 501's, chucks and a band tshirt :). he has quite a few good cowboy shirts! But he was most definately the most dapper guest there. :D

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Shirin said:
What a great photo! I really like the black and white and your style is too cute!
thank you Shirin, the wedding photographer was out inforce! I felt this was my "Chandler from Friends" grimmace.

Kaisha

New in Town
This is my first time posting a picture of myself here :) I suppose I'll just do a very brief timeline.

You can probably tell which decade I'm a fan of by just the makeup and hair :'D
fny629.jpg

A few weeks ago- I'd been needing a haircut for a while.
lalala1.jpg

My new haircut before it's straightened/ no makeup and whathaveyou.
lalala3.jpg

Et Voila :'D!
lalala4.jpg

The Jacket is a Canadian Air Cadet uniform top from the 50's, I just threw it on to cover up my lazy t-shirting :eusa_doh:

Thus concludes my face.

Aorta

Familiar Face
Wow, Kaisha, you look stunning! Your new haircut is superb. I'm also a big fan of the 1920s, but I can't rock the bob with bangs, so I have more of a garçonne/shingle cut without fringe. I also like your make-up. The lips could be more of a deeper berry tone, if you want to be completely accurate (but you look great anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran