Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
Violeta said:
A succesful hot roller set. Babyliss Pro 30 roller set
3787018952_c328908c11.jpg

Ur hair came out looking fantastic! And I love that color!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I found out last night that brush rollers are the most uncomfortable rollers to sleep on EVER!! I can sleep on any other rollers out there. I think total I got a good 2 hours sleep lol.
Heres my hair. I will be back to edit to show the inspiration for todays do. I had no large ribbon and didnt like the way it looked with the 1 inch ribbon wrapped around it so used a bandana.
(cleaned my mirror, lol)
hair3.jpg
hair-2.jpg

hair1-1.jpg
hair4-1.jpg

trying to show different view of it. Tried to get a back view but kept getting the top of my head, used 1/2 inch i am presumming brush rollers on the lower section of my hair on an up and down angle. Bobby pinned my longer sides upped.
Was going for something along Clara Bow via
c0200811.gif

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Pretty Faythe, you look soooo cute! I love the way your hair looks!
Its been so long since I have worn a bandana.. I think I will have to sport one soon.. I forgot how cute they are!

V

Violeta

harvesthobo said:
Wow Violeta your hair looks amazing. I wish my roller sets turned out that well!
Thanks! It's rare when I get a good set from hot rollers. By the way, I love the way your hair curls in your avatar!:eusa_clap

V

Violeta

GlamourDoll said:
Ur hair came out looking fantastic! And I love that color!
Thank you!! That's a great dress you're wearing in your avatar!!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I just bought a 20's-esque silk dress from Whistles and tried to do a soft 20's hairdo to match. My first vintage hairdo in a long time! I set it in very large pin curls in the evening, in damp hair and with lottabody. My hair did not take the set very well, the curls were too large, so there was almost no curls and definitely no wave-action going on.

Makeup is mineral powder in porcelain from Lily Lolo, MAC scarlet rouge, some old plum no brand eyeshadow, Bésame 1930's mascara and Bésame carmine lipstick dabbed on very lightly.

3794992612_59bd81632c.jpg

3794172269_3392f00109.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
I found out last night that brush rollers are the most uncomfortable rollers to sleep on EVER!! I can sleep on any other rollers out there. I think total I got a good 2 hours sleep

yeah, it took doing that once for me to realize that was not going to cut it, and i switched to foam. although my mother always sleep in the brush ones with the picks sticking into her head. And then she had a head scarf that was sandwiched with foam that she wore over it when she slept.Come to think of it , maybe that's why she wasn't a morning person.lol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Lovely!

Laura Chase said:
I just bought a 20's-esque silk dress from Whistles and tried to do a soft 20's hairdo to match. My first vintage hairdo in a long time! I set it in very large pin curls in the evening, in damp hair and with lottabody. My hair did not take the set very well, the curls were too large, so there was almost no curls and definitely no wave-action going on.

Makeup is mineral powder in porcelain from Lily Lolo, MAC scarlet rouge, some old plum no brand eyeshadow, Bésame 1930's mascara and Bésame carmine lipstick dabbed on very lightly.

3794992612_59bd81632c.jpg

3794172269_3392f00109.jpg

Beautiful Laura!

Adele

One of the Regulars
Foremost, a thank you to December, Fleur De Guerre, Laura Chase, MissAmelia, SayCici, and LilyPowers for the kindest compliments! Truly!

Laura Chase - I used foam curlers (the small blue ones from Goody).

Miss Amelia - My hair reaches almost the bottom of my neck (so I suppose a grown out bob would be the proper response), though it is slightly layered (instead of it being all one length).

Also, I will say that I do like your new haircut. In response to your question, however, with the provided pictures, it seems as if the simulated bobby gives you a stronger profile in terms of your jawline. I will agree with Caity Lynn to play around with it first (and give it some time) before you decide to cut.

Violeta - Great looking hair/make up! I agree with all that has been said.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
Pretty Faythe, you look soooo cute! I love the way your hair looks!
Its been so long since I have worn a bandana.. I think I will have to sport one soon.. I forgot how cute they are!
Thank you!!!! I havent really done my hair in ages. A quick flip here or there.

SayCici

Practically Family
Laura, it never ceases to surprise me how beautiful you are! I love your hair short and styled like that. :) And if that's the new dress, very nice!

V

Violeta

AA.jpg
Thank you Adele for your compliment! I can say the same for your hair! Bravo!:eusa_clap

V

Violeta

Here's my hair today, set with pillow/foam rollers, from Target 24 pack for $9.99
3795705409_86b78c087a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner