Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Hestia

Familiar Face
Grant Fan said:

Question for all who know, I have been wanting wave clips for quite some time. Where can I find them? I will need a lot as I have an abnormal amount of hair. And do they make modern ones?

They sell big, cheap packages of brand-new modern ones at my local African-American beauty store. Around here anyway, the fingerwave is definitely seen on modern heads, but usually not on white ones.

I keep meaning to try some, even more now after seeing Analeibe's in action!

zendy

A-List Customer
Inky: you are one hot smoking babe! no wonder you were getting stares, I'd be surprised if there was no drooling going along with it, or that hooting honking noise that the cartoon wolf makes when his eyes pop out, you know, "Ahhhooogah!"

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Finally I have something worthy of posting in here that's not my usual go-to set! This is the first time I ventured out of the house in actual rolls. We went to our small-town Harvest Festival and got the usual number of funny stares, but a good amount of tremendously positive feedback, from gals and guys alike.

I followed the "Snood Style 2" (page 66/67) from Vintage Hairstyling, 2nd Edition, of course minus the snood ;)

3957019608_5c238d5488.jpg

Yep...i just ordered this book because of this. Thanks...visa will love you. :p

Inky

One Too Many
*martini*time* said:
Yep...i just ordered this book because of this. Thanks...visa will love you. :p

Yay! You won't be disappointed at all, I promise, my Canadian sister :) And If I can learn from Lauren's book, ANYONE in here can, because I was a total hair dork. Now, just a dork ;)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Yay! You won't be disappointed at all, I promise, my Canadian sister :) And If I can learn from Lauren's book, ANYONE in here can, because I was a total hair dork. Now, just a dork ;)

I had to order if off the US amazon...it isn't on the Canadian one...it should be here by the end of october (hopefully...) then i'm going to get busy. I'm a total hair dork too, can't do a thing...hopefully i'll look fabulous like you!

mentha

Familiar Face
I also ordered the book, yay! US Amazon here too [cheaper than Dutch bol.com], as you I apparently need to wait until somewhere in October. But it has already been shipped, so hopefully it won't take that long and I can start hair experiments soon :D

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
mentha said:
Yes! My book came in today :D Delivery in October? Heck no! :D Let's get cracking with practicing!!!

Ahh! Mine was shipped yesterday! it says it's delivery estimate is the 16 of october...maybe it will come earlier and i'll have great hair on thanksgiving here!

Edit: I was reading the reviews of this book on amazon (5 out of 5 obviously!) but one girl recommended getting it coil bound (collated?) at a local print shop. For those ladies that have this book, would you recommend this? Is this book something that would be better suited if it laid flat? I will probably make the call for myself when it arrives, but i'm just curious if it would be more convienient for it to lay flat? Because there is nothing i hate more then when i'm trying a new cookbook and i have to keep it open with something.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
*martini*time* said:
Ahh! Mine was shipped yesterday! it says it's delivery estimate is the 16 of october...maybe it will come earlier and i'll have great hair on thanksgiving here!

Edit: I was reading the reviews of this book on amazon (5 out of 5 obviously!) but one girl recommended getting it coil bound (collated?) at a local print shop. For those ladies that have this book, would you recommend this? Is this book something that would be better suited if it laid flat? I will probably make the call for myself when it arrives, but i'm just curious if it would be more convienient for it to lay flat? Because there is nothing i hate more then when i'm trying a new cookbook and i have to keep it open with something.

I think that is a great idea!:eusa_clap

Hey, for those who are interested, this is my new video on how to achieve a 1940's pageboy. Not perfect but I am really crazy about this style so I'll continue to work on it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOkyhGB2sQI

Christy

One of the Regulars
I have the first edition and it was coil bound when I received it. At first I didn't like it because the pages got stuck on the coils and it didn't look as nice as the regular bound one. Now that you mention it would lay flat it makes sense and now I'm not so sad about it. I guess if I actually used it I would have realized the benefit of it! lol

*martini*time* said:

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I plan on using this book till the ends of the earth. I just wonder if it would be worth it. I guess i'll have to take a look at it when i get it. I don't want to cut off any printing that may be close to the spine of the book. I've just had that experiance where if i open a book too far, it's like the spine isn't strong enough and the pages start falling out. I don't want this to happen to this book.

KateSpenser

New in Town
*martini*time* said:
I plan on using this book till the ends of the earth. I just wonder if it would be worth it. I guess i'll have to take a look at it when i get it. I don't want to cut off any printing that may be close to the spine of the book. I've just had that experiance where if i open a book too far, it's like the spine isn't strong enough and the pages start falling out. I don't want this to happen to this book.

This happened to a couple of my textbooks...I just super glued them back together so I could resale....but if you have no desire to sell the book, put it into slipcovers inside of a binder.

Delia's Gone

New in Town
If you don't want to alter the book, you could use one of these clear cookbook holders. I have some very thick, hardbound cookbooks and it seems to work fine for those.

41uxwGj1QSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I got mine on Amazon.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Delia's Gone said:
If you don't want to alter the book, you could use one of these clear cookbook holders. I have some very thick, hardbound cookbooks and it seems to work fine for those.

41uxwGj1QSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I got mine on Amazon.

Ooh...i so want that...i'm sure i can find one at one of our random house crap stores around here. I used to use a pant hanger (you know with the clips) and clip the book open and hang it from a knob on one of the cupboards. if they were fat books tho, they would come crashing down causing: 1) a mess and 2) me losing my page and getting the book all gross while trying to FIND the page again.

Antje

One Too Many
mentha said:
Different question: what's the Dutch name for setting lotion and where do I find it?

Watergolf versteviging.

Hema sels it in big bottle's it is blue liqued,
Maybe there are different brands but I know for sure Hema has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy