Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Antje said:
Watergolf versteviging.

Hema sels it in big bottle's it is blue liqued,
Maybe there are different brands but I know for sure Hema has it.

That's great, is that setting lotion good or should I get my hands on Lottabody? Good thing I have one of the few Hema stores in Germany in my town :D :D ...

mentha

Familiar Face
Goldfish said:
That's great, is that setting lotion good or should I get my hands on Lottabody? Good thing I have one of the few Hema stores in Germany in my town :D :D ...

Well, I bought it and tried my first pincurl set. Which didn't work out because not even halfway through I discovered I didn't have enough pins by far... But the 3 I set in my bangs held quite well. I managed 2 very cute twisted curls on my head before I washed my hair again 2 days later. No pictures though, for I forgot to use other products when styling, so they ended up a bit fuzzy. ;-)
I'm quite happy with the stuff, though I must admit, I never used anything of the sorts before. Ever. ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I was never very talented with hair. I'm 34 and finally getting the ball rolling in practicing vintage styles.

9733_141315694163_624014163_2604518_4442873_n.jpg

I set it in pincurls every single night and sleep on them.

9733_132278994163_624014163_2513514_6407294_n.jpg

It's kinda frizzy, but it's better than stick straight pigtails!

Antje

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
I was never very talented with hair. I'm 34 and finally getting the ball rolling in practicing vintage styles.

It looks nicely, love your glasses by the way

The Shirt

Practically Family
Amy Jeane - I absolutely adore this new haircolor on you. Your features look so pretty and so natural, like you were born a strawberry blond. Who knows - maybe you were! You definitely look like you stepped out of another era. I'm jealous of your porcelain skin too!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: Okay. here's the thing, does anyone remember those things that were sold on infomercials back in the day that were like...foam and wire and they had like a slit in the middle and they were for making a french twist or a bun and what not. I can't remember the name of them, and i can't find them so if anyone has ANY clue of what i'm talking about PLEASE let me know!

Blondie

Practically Family
I was actually thinking about them too, would be great to roll the back of your hair, they were big in the 80's , will look into it........

Blondie

Practically Family
*martini*time* said:
:eek:fftopic: Okay. here's the thing, does anyone remember those things that were sold on infomercials back in the day that were like...foam and wire and they had like a slit in the middle and they were for making a french twist or a bun and what not. I can't remember the name of them, and i can't find them so if anyone has ANY clue of what i'm talking about PLEASE let me know!

http://www.pretty-pieces.co.uk/Bun-Roller-p/a09yhanc21.htm

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:

You are just tooo cute to boot! And I LOVE your glasses!

Maja

New in Town
*martini*time* said:

I have a long rat (20-25 cm) and when I roll my hair in the back I just pin the ends on to the rat so it doesn't slip, then I roll it, pin the middle section and then roll and pin the sides, this pretty much does what you describe and it is very quick and easy to do. This is the kind of updo I have if I have just washed my hair, because it is easier to get it smooth if the ends are damp.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Good Hair Day

I had a very Good hair day yesterday and I quickly learned how to use the Self Timer on my camera.. (turned out to be a blessing).
I used Sponge Rollers and used a boars bristle brush with some pomade and anti-frizz serum :)
I had alot of fun with the self timer and some great pictures came out..

10809017.jpg

10809022-1.jpg

10809032.jpg

10809026-1.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
lovely lovely!! as much as I hate to admit it - i have the best results with sponge rollers too - it's all that drying and planning - but now I have a bonnet dryer.

I love the pictures - yay for self timers!! (some technology is Very Very good indeed!)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
LelaViavonie said:
I had a very Good hair day yesterday and I quickly learned how to use the Self Timer on my camera.. (turned out to be a blessing).
I used Sponge Rollers and used a boars bristle brush with some pomade and anti-frizz serum :)
I had alot of fun with the self timer and some great pictures came out..

10809017.jpg

10809022-1.jpg

10809032.jpg

10809026-1.jpg

Wow...you're beautiful. And great tattoos too. You're making me debate getting mine colored in...

Lenore

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
I had a very Good hair day yesterday and I quickly learned how to use the Self Timer on my camera.. <snip snip>

Lela,

You look divine. Very good hair day indeed, and I love the color combination with your own coloring. Absolutely beautiful! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy