Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Lillemor for the encouraging words!

Lillemor said:
Wow! You ladies have posted some really lovely styles and colors since I checked a while ago.

xitsvivx, Sue and chanteuseCarey, I love your hair colors. chanteuse, I agree about the effect the hair color has on your complexion and your hair really suits your features as well. The dark blue dress compliments both your hair and complexion well. I mean, the blue color brings the best out in your coloring.

I agree.

Looks lovely. I don't know if it's your natural multi-tonal hair color but I'm envious anyway.

missminna

New in Town
vintage hair blog entry

Hello,
I'm not new here but have had to change my details due to internet 'issues'. I have started blogging and just wrote about attending my regular appointment at Betty's vintage salon in London. Please see here if you are interested:
http://redlegsinsoho.blogspot.com/
Not the best pictures of me or my hair but my camera is rubbish!

Minn x

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
PrettyFaythe, I have the same problem with hair length. Whatever I pin, the rest looks a bit... forgotten.

Lenore, the curls look great! How long is your hair uncurled in the front?

MissMinna Your hair is so lovely! Oh the thought of someone else doing my hair vintage. I'd have to come up with a great excuse to get away with that, but it would be worth it!

I also totally second Bopeep's :eek:fftopic: Those rules were great!

Tried wet-setting... It did not do well. I got half the result I get on a regular set, and the other half barely curled at all. I did make a better quantity of lottabody this time, and didn't waste much at all.

Right side - did curl
Failedset1.jpg

Left side - did not
Failedset2.jpg

Left side turned into some odd... wing.

Stupid question, how do you know which side to pin the roller in place on? the way the hair was wrapped or opposite? the way gravity will pull, or opposite?

Oh, and the alice band, I mentioned they were great before... mine was a dollar from target, and saved me on this one =)

Lenore

Practically Family
Sugar Kitten,

My bangs reach just to the bottom of my lip when my hair is wet. Dry they hit mid-cheek. It's all angled from there as I've got a middy.

Second day hair: I hate florescent lighting...
2-23-10-1.jpg

pixie

Familiar Face
~Psycho Sue~ said:
thanks Pixie honey, I am glad you like the shirt. If it is tight in the tummy just do what I do, an wear a little tummy control panty! LOL In this picture I am wearing a dress I made myself, if I can't find what I like in my size, I just make it :p

and to xitsvivx, honey I LOVE YOU! I am not a weird stalker freak or anything, but your look is exactly what I am about, a mix of vintage and vegas showgirl... don't let anyone tell you that you are "overdone" I hear that from the likes of some ppl...and it's BS, you look srsly FANTASTIC!

Awwww man, thats a bummer :eusa_doh: can you make stuff for other people as well? you and i definately have the same fashion sense based on pretty much everything that i have seen you wearing!! i would pay you and everything:D hee hee thanks anyways. does the band you play in ever come to Canada?

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Thanks Lenore, I was hoping I wan getting close to being able to do real curl in the front - which not at all.

I've made matters better/worse by cutting my hair again. It's a bit Mod-Audrey/Jean Seberg... and yet it still looks off. I know you're all massively knowledgeable on the subject of hair (and some professionals as well!). Please advise?

IRL

The crown is long enough to pull forward to cover the bangs or to pull to either side, the bangs are about an inch and a half. I don't hate it, I just think it's a bit a step-away from being a cut I love. My stylist is awesome, but obviously can't read my mind - she did offer to tweak based on whatever thoughts I had.

Also suggested she do a cocktail -hour vintage styling/hot rollers class. She thinks it's a great idea, so fingers crossed on that one!

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
Inky said:
love the style, really love the color, xitsvivx!!

but tell me what you use on your eyebrows!!

thanks Inky!
I've been using a lipliner by MAC called velvetella and setting it with MAC sketch eyeshadow along with a hot pink loose eyeshadow i found online =)

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
23SkidooWithYou said:
xitsvivx...I adore your haircolor! Oh, how I wish I could do that! Like Mrs Inky, I noticed your brows too. Is that a permenant color or do you have a pencil? I don't think I've ever seen anyone color their brows like that before! I like it!

thanks! Yea ive been using a creme lipliner by MAC for my eyebrows.. along with a lil eyeshadow to set. I feel so awkward with natural colored brows and unnatural hair so i HAD to match em. =)

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
pixie said:
OMF(freaking)G :eek: I love your hair and makeup Love the color love the style sigh.....I am so jealous, I can never get rolls to work on my hair. Most likely because it is butt length and all one length. good job.:eusa_clap

thank you pixie !

I made a tutorial yrs ago with pictures on how I do my victory rolls... finally made a youtube tutorial for it. Check it out, maybe itll help you out. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0RHPHeBrQ

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Es0RHPHeBrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Es0RHPHeBrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
~Psycho Sue~ said:
and to xitsvivx, honey I LOVE YOU! I am not a weird stalker freak or anything, but your look is exactly what I am about, a mix of vintage and vegas showgirl... don't let anyone tell you that you are "overdone" I hear that from the likes of some ppl...and it's BS, you look srsly FANTASTIC!

aw thanks Pyscho Sue!!
Yea I get the "drag queen" thing sometimes. Im over it though. Ive been rockin the colored hair for years now (and LOVE my makeup!) and dont let it get to me anymore. =)

pixie

Familiar Face
xitsvivx said:
thank you pixie !

I made a tutorial yrs ago with pictures on how I do my victory rolls... finally made a youtube tutorial for it. Check it out, maybe itll help you out. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0RHPHeBrQ

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Es0RHPHeBrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Es0RHPHeBrQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
i am going to give that a try, thanks for the you tube link I will see what i can do and if it works I will post a picture, wish me luck:D

Inky

One Too Many
xitsvivx said:
thanks! Yea ive been using a creme lipliner by MAC for my eyebrows.. along with a lil eyeshadow to set. I feel so awkward with natural colored brows and unnatural hair so i HAD to match em. =)

thanks for the tips - i'd love to rock some red and black eyebrows - hmmm.....may try it someday ;) I wore some red and black shu uemura fin lashes last weekend and they were fun.

i wanted to say that I've been called a drag queen so many times I was made an honorary queen by my friends and have my own drag name - Taffeta Darling. If you can't lick 'em, join 'em!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff