Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your...Inkwells

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Here is the inkwell I keep on my desk. I used to have quite a thing for pens and writing stuff - now I use pencils most of the time. I've never succeeded in finding a studio mark on this.

inkwell1.jpg

inkwell2.jpg

That's quite interesting. Is it Edwardian or something?

Early 20th Century arts and crafts movement, American I would think. Again, no maker mark on it that I can find, but it has similar though somewhat more angular styling to the art glass/copper desk accessories that were made by Tiffany Studios around that time.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here's an example of an old workhorse that graced many desks in the '40s and '50s: the Morriset Model B. The Bert M. Morris Company was located in the Mid-City West portion of L.A., and its pen holders were unique in that their nibs screwed on and off (like Esterbrook). It was common for the well lid to have a logo embossed on it. The Model B was also produced in red, brown, and white (the last being the rarest).

Photoon2012-09-26at0907-1-1.jpg

Photoon2012-09-26at0909-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is great information for me. I just recently purchased my first "vintage" fountain pen.
Parker Duo-fold Sr. (1926) & was looking for correct methods of handling & cleaning.
Do you use warm water to clean the interior parts of all your fountain pens ?
Or do you use cold water on older pens ? This is with regards to the inside bladder and
I thought the warm water would distort the sac. I just got the pen & haven't had to clean
it yet. Thanks !

Cool or cold water (warm to hot can distort the feed nib alignment.)

The only thing I might add is use caution when cleaning metal with cleaner polishes, I have personally removed gold washes on a number of occassions. Clean as a whistle and all the gold is ... gone!:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21