Show Us Your Mechanical Clocks!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Shangas, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Anyone know anything about mechanical watchman's clocks? This one is a Chicago Watchclock Corp 8 day clock. I don't have any station keys or a key to the back, so I can't open it up. It was in my grandfathers possession & I have had it for yrs now since his passing. It should date back to the Great Depression as the family story is he had to take a job as a watchman then.

How hard is it to come up with keys? If I had it cleaned & serviced will it function as an 8 day clock? I have no idea what kind of paper disc or tape might be inside.

I've just started my research. There is an old time clock repair shop where I live. I plan seeing him about it soon.

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8499.jpg

IMG_8501.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

2. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

That is a neat watch! Any good locksmith can make a key for it but make sure you do your homework on who you let to restore it.

Mike

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  3. Thanks! I'm anxious to see what the mechanism is inside & if there is a disc or punch strip still in it.