Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
VERY nice overcoat, FF!

Red Leader, I want to thank you again, and can't wait for it to be here!!

I just recieved a 1931 dated overcoat, so I will post some pics later tommorow, but here is the best photo I can offer for now:

00114.jpg

That hat works great with that coat, the extra wide brim looks excellent

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1933-1935 NRA Labeled Hart Schaffner & Marx Belted Back Overcoat.

This coat is in pristine condition. Seems to have been lightly worn, if worn at all. My camera makes the coat appear greenish, but it is more black & grey.

I purchased this coat from a fellow lounger, so here are two of their photos, as their photos show the color more accurately.

p1258010.jpg
p1258011.jpg

Now for my photos (Not true to color, as you can see, it has a greenish hue added. I will try to take better photos tommorow.)

00320.jpg
01119.jpg

01813.jpg
01911.jpg

The fabric:

01411.jpg

NRA label:

02212.jpg

HS&M Label in the coat:

02112.jpg

For fun, here is the 30's (Left) HS&M Label next to the 50's (Right) one. The 50's label is from my blazer.

02411.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Russian. No buttons, all hook and eye closures. Leather reinforcement on the shoulders, cuffs and lapel. Unusual seaming.

russian.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Winter is here for real where I live , I went up to Boston to Salmagundi's hat store and this is what I wore.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

DSCN1549_zps3577f87a.jpg

You look like you stepped out of Boardwalk Empire or the Godfather... Man you look good and scary as hell. Did the Beantown Polzei slow down and take a look as you walked by? I admire you sense of style

Worf

fashion frank

One Too Many

You look like you stepped out of Boardwalk Empire or the Godfather... Man you look good and scary as hell. Did the Beantown Polzei slow down and take a look as you walked by? I admire you sense of style

Worf

Wow thanks for the compliment I haven't' visited this thread in a bit .

Yea I really like that suit it fits perfectly.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
Went out with the Misses today shopping and this is what I wore , its a J.A.B. that I got on sale ,its not as heavy as some of my vintage overcoat ,but for today it was fine .

DSCN1638_zps3db3127b.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I found this on Ebay. It's damn rare to find an overcoat in my size that can comfortably fit a three piece suit underneath. So i couldn't resist this. I can't be certain of a date but I would guess late forties or early 1950s (don't know why though). There's no sign of any moth damage. I wore it today and it kept out the bitter winds we are facing here.

lapel_zps8f238ad8.jpg

front_zps80f23ef0.jpg

full-length2_zps9ba303a9.jpg

A view of the lining:
lining_zpsca458282.jpg

The back belt:
rear-belt_zps78026eab.jpg

rear-view_zpsee8496ba.jpg

The label (Sidney Heath Ltd, Swansea):
label_zps22fd381f.jpg

front-view_zpsd6a4083b.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@Two Types

I like this coat a lot! Very nice lapel shape and the reddish stripes running vertically (and much more subtle also horizontally) are a great touch.:eusa_clap

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wonderful coat and it fits you well (perfect sleeve lenght). A coat with that cloth and quality of construction would cost upwards of 3k these days.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey Fashion Frank and Two Types... I love your posts immensely but you make the rest of us guys look like schlubs and schleprocks! God I wish I could wear that stuff! (drool)

Worf

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Gents, thanks for your positive feedback. This coat is already my favourite and is certainly the best fitting coat i own.

Now I need to find a really good quality 'British Warm' in the same size (I have one but it isn't big enough to wear waistcoat and jacket underneath). Then I will be truly content.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hey Fashion Frank and Two Types... I love your posts immensely but you make the rest of us guys look like schlubs and schleprocks! God I wish I could wear that stuff! (drool)

Worf

Thanks for the kodos and I'm glad that you like my post's ( blush ):eek:

Here is a vintage overcoat that I thrifted for $15.00 .

All I had to do was have it dry cleaned , no tailoring was needed it fit me like a glove.

DSCN1678_zpsb2563431.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Forgot About These Coats

Hey Gang no sooner did I put up that last post when I remembered that I had just bought another overcoat
just the other day ,so when I went down to the coat closet ,then I also saw these two raincoats that I recently
acquired.

Let me know what you think.

This one I thrifted just the other day for $9.00 if you can believe it, I always go by the " weight factor ",in
other words the heavier the coat the better and this one is a heavy.

DSCN1681_zps122c251a.jpg

Next is a raincoat that I thrifted for about $10.00
DSCN1682_zpsa3a0874b.jpg

It also has a removable liner ,I have as yet to wear this coat outside but next rainy day I certainly will.

DSCN1683_zpsd968b667.jpg

This raincoat was given to me and fits like a glove.

DSCN1684_zps43773b7c.jpg

This one also has a removable liner.

DSCN1685_zpsa591fb0d.jpg

I like how they sewed in the extra button and the label's really tell you what you have.

DSCN1686_zpsc7be87fd.jpg

DSCN1688_zpsef636e9b.jpg

Last edited:

freakersea

New in Town
hey guys just bought my first overcoat, its german, very long almost down to my ankles. It appears to be very well made has brown leather edging at the end of the sleeves and along the edge of the pockets, it has two very large low pockets aswell as an angled smaller pocket higher up on the left side. The buttons when done up are obscured as the button holes are on a seperate piece of fabric to the main outer coat, the buttons are also anchored on the inside with a smaller button piece. At the bottom of the back there is a series of buttons and the coat is shaped to seperate (im guessing for if you are horse riding?) The label inside says sonderanfirtigung for Peek & Cloppenburg and the tag inside the inner pocket says

P.N :28064
T.S.:00314
PP0D.AUFTRAG: 27
KUNDE: P&C SONDER
FORM: 21382 390 00
ARTIKEL:AROSA
T K Z: 70%SW 30%PL

70% SCHURWOLLE
30%POLYESTER
FUTTER: 100% VISCOSE

and the size is 102

the shape and style doesnt appear modern however the inner tag doesnt look vintage or anything, a little bit of research found that Peek&Cloppenburg have been around since 1900 but are still around so could be old could be modern if anyone could utilise the info i have provided for an aproximate date it would be nice paid AUD 65 so dont mind if its old or new either way

P6120016.jpg

P6120017.jpg

P6120018.jpg

just to add doesnt seem to a union tag or anything inside which i have been able to use to easily date so any help is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran