Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

cptjeff

Practically Family
davestlouis said:
HarpPlayerGene, I keep telling myself that I'm being environmentally-friendly by purchasing used items...saving the raw materials that would have gone into new items.

That's a helpful thought, and if one shops at thrift stores run by charities, you are typically supporting job training for reformed criminals, homeless people, and often the developmentally disabled, and often helping to fund shelters and soup kitchens. They do a lot of good work.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Flatcaps at Winter Sale (German C+A)

1004650.jpg

Two Tones from Pennangalan (Uk...bought online) They were not too expensive but the quality is only mediocre so to speak.

1004648w.jpg

stevechasmar

New in Town
Glasses with Mixed-Metal Frames

I've been looking for a vintage frames like these for ages, and now finally found a pair, courtesy of one of my favorite ebay sellers. I spent way too much on them, but knew I would kick myself if I missed out. I will get these fitted with bifocals -- the old fashioned type with a line through the lens. I tried the new bifocals -- those ones where the bifocal lens is invisible -- but they don't work for me.

The brand is SRO Styl-Rite and they were made in the USA.

metalframes.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
I bought this Hawaiian shirt at a ridiculously low price to resell, and am wanting to confirm or deny what I think about it. After a Google search turning up only one result for a shirt, an Italian listing stating it's 1960's. Which is what I was guessing. Am I right in this assumption?

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

Thanks for any assistance!

Randy

Mr Badger

Practically Family

Two Tones from Pennangalan (Uk...bought online) They were not too expensive but the quality is only mediocre so to speak.

They're nice, and £57.60 including postage within the UK, which isn't a bad price. How do you mean mediocre? Are they proper leather, stitched soles or plastic? Is the leather poor quality and/or stiffly faced so it'll crack easily? It'd be great if you could give a little more detail – many thanks in advance!

I've got brown and white pair of Bretano spectators and they're kinda middling, quality-wise, with that brittle, crinkles easy leather (even after leather balm). Much different to a similarly mid-price pair of Stacy Adams Madisons, which aren't anything to write home about, leather quality wise, but are softer and nicer. Sorry, waffling a bit – I'd rather have supple but not very great leather than the shiny, stiffly-coated stuff...

We're just about to go on holiday to see pals in Memphis, but I deffo won't see anything like this there, unless it's in an RLL concession at a mall (eugh) so I may have to make an exception to my 'no more shoes' rule!

Trotsky

A-List Customer
HOLY HOLY HOLY CRAP.

I just finished shopping the new Goodwill in town. No pictures yet, but let me express my excitement:

1 Pair of Allen-Edmonds "Maclean" brouges/gunboats. Retail: $549. My price: $3.00

1 Pair Bill's Khakis: $3.00

1 Hopsack Blue jacket, brand new, with tags, even the pockets are sewn up: $3.50

1 Chairman Mao Hat: $1.00

I am very happy, this is the best haul since Tennessee!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr Badger said:
They're nice, and £57.60 including postage within the UK, which isn't a bad price. How do you mean mediocre? Are they proper leather, stitched soles or plastic? Is the leather poor quality and/or stiffly faced so it'll crack easily? It'd be great if you could give a little more detail – many thanks in advance!

Here they are. They look okay at first sight but ...

1004648w.jpg

You see that dent there in the leather where the upper part is sewn to the sole? Shouldn't happen
1004645k.jpg

There is also a little scratch at the front part ...so I guess the leather will scratch easily. It looks like it is painted and very stiff.
1004644a.jpg

The big part of the sole is leather but it doesn't stand flat on the ground. The highest point is at the front of the heel...if this makes sense. As the leather is still very stiff you can go fore and back like a seesaw. Hope it gets more comfortable when theyre outworn a little.
1004646.jpg

Well it's okay for the price I guess[huh]

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Thanks, man. Well, I'd say that they look 'quite' well made, mebbe you just need to slather the uppers in leather conditioner and leave 'em overnight before buffing it off, then they should ease up quite a lot. Be sure to test for colour-fastness before doing the whole of the shoes, but judging by the look of the leather, you should be OK... I'm just amazed that an ostensibly 'goth' clothing site had anything like this at all!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Had a good thrift store run today. Scored a blue Hart Shaffner & Marx suit dated 1955 which is too small for me, so I'll be selling it... but who could have passed it up? ;)

I also picked up a "Charlie Brown" shirt... not the Peanuts character, but a brand. Anyone familiar with them?

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy