Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
this is a new thread idea copied, i mean 'inspired' by the girl's thread of the same title... a place to throw down your latest aquisition before the eyes of breathless and drooling fedorians, without having to create a brand new thread each time. let's see some recent splurges chaps !

i'll start off with these out of season knitwear purchases....

a late 40s Sears winter-themed pictorial sweater....

jumper.jpg

and a wartime English 'tank top' or 'sleeveless sweater' if you're American (you can't get more english wartime than this).....

tanktop.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
well this is a thread which sure didn't catch fire.

not to be deterred here's another recent purchase, a putty coloured short gabardine jacket. there's no label and i'm not sure of the date, but the pleated belt back is sure a nod to those that grace many 30s suits and is unusual to find on a short gab jacket. the collars are very wide so i'd guess early 40s.

beltgab.jpg

(i have a digital camera now so i'm back-dating a bit)

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
That's a swell jacket, HBK. I picked up a wind breaker at The Gap, of all places, a couple months ago with styling not too unlike your jacket.

By the way, I am serverless, websiteless, picture-hosterless for the time being.

The real Henry

Practically Family
I don't if you did mean this with purchases, but here two glasses I just blought!:cool:
15hlrpx.jpg

15hly4x.jpg

If I don't find someone who'll buy one of these, I'm going to let one pair be changed to sunglasses.

Salv

One Too Many
The suit arrived - nice fast service I must say - and the original owner was a barrel-chested short-arse. The trousers are a pefect fit around the waist, but were very short. I've taken them down, but there wasn't enough hem to allow for turnups. The jacket sleeves need to be lengthened and I'm going to attempt that tomorrow once I've bought some fabric to extend the sleeve lining. I've unpicked one sleeve and I can see what work needs to be done, and it seems quite straightforward, but if I can't sort it myself I'll be visiting the local tailor. Wish me luck.

The seller stated that the suit was from the late 50s but there's a tag inside one of the inner pockets that seems to be dated February 1975. The style is certainly late 50's British though - single pleated trousers, twin vent jacket - and the fabric is nice and heavy so it looks much older than it probably is.

I'll put up some photos once I've sorted out the sleeves.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
some recent ebay purchases...

vintage cufflinks:

hwkgoldtone3we.jpg

krementzmop0io.jpg

cufflinkstwo5ny.jpg

Not vintage Brooks Peal undarm portfolio:

p10103200ba.jpg

Thrift vintage fringed wool tie, handwoven in Stratford-on-Avon:

p10103187gx.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Most recently...

This 'Designer' 3/4 Trench, which was marked down to peanuts in a close-out sale...

Trench_Mat.jpg

BUT- even better, is this '30s, Tailored military jacket in bush jacket/field service jacket style, with belted, pleated back.

Fr_Pl_frnt.jpg

Fr_Pl_shldr.jpg

Fr_Pl_Back.jpg

Fr_Pl_Back_det.jpg

Fr_Pl_ins_pkt.jpg

Fr_Pl_ins.jpg

...and of course this NOS tie, which I'm proud of-

Tie_3.jpg

Tie_2.jpg

B
T

Forum statistics