Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank... That is a swell tie!! Beauitiful. Does it have a metallic sheen to it or is it matte?

On another note. I don't want to start an argument or debate here so this is just a yes or no question. Since this is a show your purchases MEN thread, I know I obviously can't show my purchases here, but am I allowed to continue to comment to the men's purchases? Yes or no is all I need to know. :)

Salv

One Too Many
Comment away, Lolita.

I finished the alterations to the suit mentioned above and had it cleaned but it was too hot today to try it out properly with shirt and tie, plus I want to get a more typically British tie to wear with it. I'm looking at the Old Town ties and I'm watching a couple on eBay so I'll get some pics up eventually.

otterhound

One of the Regulars
Love that tie, Belly!
Tie_3.jpg

Should probably be posted in hats ...

... but this is easier than starting a new thread.

I reckon 30s Borsalino. Off to Art in the morning. What thinks ye? Is this 30s? 2.25" brim, ~5" crown (will lose ~0.25" crown in resizing process - this hat is 6 3/4 so i need it resized. This is how ye pick 'em up for $8.50).

StoneBorsa1.jpg
StoneBorsa2.jpg

StoneBorsa3.jpg
StoneBorsa4.jpg

StoneBorsa5.jpg
StoneBorsa6.jpg

bk

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
LolitaHaze said:
BellyTank... That is a swell tie!! Beauitiful. Does it have a metallic sheen to it or is it matte?

On another note. I don't want to start an argument or debate here so this is just a yes or no question. Since this is a show your purchases MEN thread, I know I obviously can't show my purchases here, but am I allowed to continue to comment to the men's purchases? Yes or no is all I need to know. :)

Ladies are welcome everywhere.

Rosie

One Too Many
You guys have GREAT taste. :eusa_clap Belly Tank, LOVE that belted back jacket. Baron Kurtz, great hat, looks so suave. AlanC, great cufflinks. I always want to wear some with the french cuff shirts I have but haven't worn the shirts yet and haven't gotten any cufflinks.:(

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Off to Art in the morning. What thinks ye? Is this 30s?

The height looks like it. Beautiful hat in any case.

Is talking about money bad manner? How much does having a hat reblocked by Art cost? This is more a matter of curiosity, as with my budget, I shy at the shipping costs already.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
YES

LolitaHaze said:

Thank you Lolita- yes, it is an irridescent tie. Fully gleaming in it's vintage indigo lustre.
Sheen-a-rama-a-go-go.

By all means comment on our Man-junk, of course we want to hear if the Ladies of the female disposition like our purchases.

Youse Truly,

B
T

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
tanktop.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hi Herringbonekid, love your finds!!.....

My Father-in-Law has one of these tank-tops from the 1940's that is made of really fine 2ply yarn, in a very complex Fairisle pattern that his sister knitted.

It is a bit dusty but I will try and dig it out and photo it next time we are over there. Like you say very "home front" .

What is extraordinary though is the fact that she was born blind.
I will try and post some pics when we are next visiting. (I hope that's ok as I know this is a "Guys" thread):)

Salv

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Hi Herringbonekid, love your finds!!.....

My Father-in-Law has one of these tank-tops from the 1940's that is made of really fine 2ply yarn, in a very complex Fairisle pattern that his sister knitted.

It is a bit dusty but I will try and dig it out and photo it next time we are over there. Like you say very "home front" .

What is extraordinary though is the fact that she was born blind.
I will try and post some pics when we are next visiting. (I hope that's ok as I know this is a "Guys" thread):)

Of course it's OK - I'm on the hunt for a nice Fair Isle tank top, but since they're far from fashionable it's difficult to find a new one, and there aren't many old ones in chunkier sizes...

There are some lovely new ones in kids sizes
Fair%20Isle%20colours.jpg

but I can't find anything like that in a grownup size.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
thanks AllaboutEve.

Salv, there have been a couple of good copies*(from vintage patterns) on english ebay recently in larger sizes.

*tank tops i'm talking about.

suit looks great !

Salv

One Too Many
herringbonekid said:
thanks AllaboutEve.

Salv, there have been a couple of good copies*(from vintage patterns) on english ebay recently in larger sizes.

*tank tops i'm talking about.

suit looks great !

I've seen a couple - the seller I bought the suit from had one that finished in the last few days, but I stupidly forgot to bid on it and missed it. I'll find one eventually - I'm hoping the weather stays warm enough that I won't need it yet.

The suit is a different shape to my usual style - trousers are narrower and jacket shorter, with vents - but I like it a lot. The fabric is fantastic.

Edited to note: Search engines are wonderful things :rolleyes: I've just found this brand new one, which is a true Fair Isle sweater i.e. actually made on Fair Isle in the Shetlands:
bb_tab_bm_grandad_sweaters_g.jpg

In addition to the cardigan they sell a v-neck/crew neck and a vest - I'm guessing that the v-neck has sleeves while the vest is sleeveless, but I've just sent them an email to confirm that. More info and ordering here.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not to be totally Cheesy, but I love the Fair Isle sweaters ever since "The Aviator." That was a great look with a brown leather jacket and high-waisted khakis. Those above are very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points