Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
herringbonekid said:
continuing my out of season english wartime knitwear purchase spree, here's one i bought earlier....but i'm still back-dating a little.

40scardigan.jpg
Where are you finding all these great knits?? Like you, I always buy these kinds of things out of season, which makes me just long for the cooler weather even more!

skillbilly

One of the Regulars
herringbonekid said:
....from the ebay seller who always sells white bucks ?
Marc Chevalier said:
Very nice! These come from a huge cache the seller has. They were made in the 1960s for the Royal Canadian Navy. (White oxford shoes worn with dress white uniforms.)

Most likely the very same ebay seller and a little more info about the shoes by Mr. Chevalier

Salv

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Careful, there: the side that the buttons are on indicates that this sweater is made for women, not men.

It's OK, I want the vest style, although I should probably add that 'vest' in this case refers to a sleeveless tanktop style, rather than the American usage of vest to mean a waistcoat.

Salv

One Too Many
New shoes...

I just bought these from a Land's End outlet store near Windsor, brand new, unworn, and according to the price tag "obsolete". They originally sold for £79.00 - price to you, sir: £7.50 ($13.80 American). The first photo shows the colour more accurately:

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
these trousers have some unusual details:

watch pocket with a small tab, the kind normally found on a back pocket.
waist adjusters with very large clasps.
one belt loop on the back, rather low.
brace buttons on the outside (the back) and the inside (the front).

they have 11.5" bottoms so i'm guessing mid to late 20s (?)

black20s.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Salv said:
I just bought these from a Land's End outlet store near Windsor, brand new, unworn, and according to the price tag "obsolete". They originally sold for £79.00 - price to you, sir: £7.50 ($13.80 American). The first photo shows the colour more accurately:

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

Salv... are my eyes playing tricks on me or are your shoes indeed lavendar? I like those!!

Salv

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Salv... are my eyes playing tricks on me or are your shoes indeed lavendar? I like those!!

Your eyes are playing tricks on you Lolita. I suppose there is a hint of lavender in the second photo, but they are actually tan suede. Here's a picture from the Land's End site which should give a better view of the colour:
f_098073_TAN.jpg

...but even that looks a little dark. But no, not lavender. Sorry...

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Hey Herringbone Kid! We used denim aprons just like that at least up until the early 90's at the factory I work at. I've still got a few down in the basement for woodworking. I haven't seen any at work for quite some time,though. I think the company went to plastic aprons for those jobs that need one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21