Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Zemke Fan said:
Also, like the color combo with the khakis and the tie. Think I'd dress it up with trousers in either khaki or gray wool. Also, with that blue thread running through the patten, you should be able to get some great ties that work with it.

You know, I didn't pay any attention - that's what I wore to work today and I swapped out the navy blazer I was wearing for some quick pictures....

I think it'll work with certain shades of brown, gray, charcoal, black or blue pants. Thanks for the good advice!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You, Me And Cary Grant

Marc Chevalier said:
Yes, but no more than 1/8" of shirt cuff when my arms are resting down at my sides.

I too like just a peek of linen, as I read was CG's preference as well.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Scot- that suit looks great. You can get the body taken in a little bit by taking in those side seams. I like the four-button look. Try only buttoning the bottom button like Duke of Windsor, or just buttoning the top button. I like how both buttons buttoned looks on you, too. That window pane is beautiful!
I myself like to show a little more cuff, like 1/4" to 1/2", but that's a little bit more flamboyant.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Anyone know anything about these cufflinks?

a1_1.JPG

According to the description:

"The backs are marked with an M inside a diamond over JAPAN"

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Occupied Japan? Maybe 1947 - 55 or so. I'm seeing quite a bit of small items (easily shipped home) with that kind of design. I think our boys sent quite a bit of it home to their mothers, wives and sweethearts. Or in this case, their dads.

I may be way off base. I sure do like those, though.

Salv

One Too Many
mikepara said:
Some great items lads.
But Salv thanks for putting up the link to Rocacha. Your Summer trousers look great.

Not sure I like the suit you bought though, seems like a really short jacket. Is it an optical illusion? Trousers look good especially since you had to mess with them.

I'm very happy with the summer trousers, and Rocacha have more fabrics if you fancy something similar - some very nice linens and a gabardine that's a lighter weight than the wool I chose, plus some quite good cottons but I didn't think they'd drape as well as a wool.

The suit jacket is a little short, and the twin vents are not something I usually go for, but it makes a nice change to have something so English looking.

An interesting pair of knickerbockers. Very loose weave light grey tweed with alternating yellowish orange and triple blue stripes ...

Knickers1.jpg
Knickers2.jpg

Knickers3.jpg

Which have this strange buttonhole (13 buttonholes in all - bad luck, no?) feature on the inside of the waistband. Looks like it was meant to accommodate button-in underwear - the opposite of the pair we saw from the PoW's collection in another thread (remember his had the buttons on the inner waistband and the underwear had the buttonholes).

Knickers4.jpg
Knickers5.jpg

bk

as you're looking at the second from last pic, the top of the pic is the very top of the knickers. So, the buttonholes are in an extra piece of cotton attached to the regular apron by the arcing stitching you can see (can be seen in the last pic). The buttonholes go all the way around the waistband.

bk

New tie too. Another kint tie, another Goodwill find. And in my university colours, too!!! May even wear it to graduate.

BlueRidgeTie1.jpg
BlueRidgeTie2.jpg

Made at the Blue Ridge Mountain woollen mills? Copyright date puts this at 1937.

BlueRidgeTie3.jpg

Illustrating the classic 30s tie shape. See how it splays out to the thin end. A mere 42" long.

BlueRidgeTie4.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
why button in your underwear?
i suspect it was for a button-in lining. trousers with lining are a very rare vintage find, usually found only on expenive bespoke suits. perhaps there was a type of removable lining that could be added on a cold day and laundered without having to wash the whole trouser ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ