Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your...RAINCOATS

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Sort of odd coming at the beginning of June, but we've had 40 days and 40 nights of rain here in PDX (unseasonably much...really). All I have for a raincoat is what I consider and outdoor jacket, not classy, though I've gotten lots of compliments on it (it's Filson's dry finish tin cloth outfitter jacket).

I'd like to find a swankier raincoat. I don't really dig the London-Fog trenchcoat type things. Just not my style. What do you wear?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I have this Kenneth Cole Reaction black raincoat. It looks totally retro with pointed collars and two flap breast pockets and long enough to cover my untucked vintage shirts (but not too long). Kind of like a Pendleton jacket but made of black polyster. Looks dressy too. I bought it more five years ago ago in Vegas, wear it all the time, and it still looks new.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Just yesterday, I ordered a traditional trenchcoat from Lands' End. It has leather-covered buckles, back vent, and even an inside pocket. The pocket is unusual in women's wear.

Of course, I got a matching hat.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Would that I could show you mine....... :( unfortunately I don't (yet) own a raincoat as such. I have rainwear but only a barbour waxed jacket. If I could have one raincoat it would be this !!:)

bogeytrench.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I have an olive green trench coat from Marine surplus. I passed on a few Burberry trenchcoats in a vintage store in the Hamptons last year because they were single breasted- I lose sleep over that sometimes.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
silhouette53 said:
Would that I could show you mine....... :( unfortunately I don't (yet) own a raincoat as such. I have rainwear but only a barbour waxed jacket.

I used to have an Australian waxed barbour jacket that I liked a lot actually. I might see what I can turn up in that direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner