Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scale models!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Did you know that the music impresario, Pete Waterman, has one of the largest model railways. I was going to put it up here, it's on YouTube, but there's a request not to without permission, however, if you search YouTube with the title: Pete Waterman's Model Railway HD, you won't be disappointed.

1/24 scale 1954 American LaFrance ladder truck.

DSCF0824_zps1ruxoj7l.jpg

Last edited:

Cocker

Practically Family
Last year's birthday gift,built by my father. He knows I've always been in love with the Crusader, and asked me which was my favourite scheme. So here you go, Hasegawa 1/8 kit, Vought F-8E Crusader, VF-51 "Screaming Eagles", CVA-19 USS Hancock, 1967:

IMG_1442.jpg

He went as far as to paint the pilot's helmet with the correct paint scheme for this cruise! BTW, the picture really doesn't do the kit justice.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great idea for a thread, Nick!!! Brilliant.
I've been working on a (notoriously) troublesome kit for ages and it's coming along very nicely at last, but it's been soooo much extra work to correct it and make it right and, for the first time, I've been feeling that I'd like to send photos of it to Fine Scale Modeller magazine or post it online somewhere so that anyone who Googles the kit for help/reference/inspiration can find it, as after a lot of looking online/research, I haven't seen another of this kit made like mine. I'm an analogue kind of guy and don't have a website for any of my kits, so this thread will be PERFECT for when it's done - I'll have somewhere to park it!! Well done and thanks! :)

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
July 29, 2017
Progress update on my scratch built 1:87 scale radio controlled RMS Titanic model. I expect to have it finished and sailing some time in the early 2020s. Displaying it here with some period style!

FL-Titanic Style.jpg

Also I'm currently building this huge animatronic R/C "Loch Ness" monster, which can swim around on the lake and will have a moving head/jaw. It will also have a LOUD roar! The neck stands ~7 feet above the waterline! Looks rough at the moment, but the skin isn't on yet. That will really bring this creature alive! I expect to have this finished some time next year, so when you hear new reports of "Nessie" sightings you'll know why!

FL- Nessie Project.jpg

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
I wish that I could claim credit for building this, but it was made by Fire Replicas. The prototype was my father's company rig, Engine Company 71, Chicago Fire Department. I literally grew up crawling all over the prototype.
1953 model. A year older than me.

1656281998772.png

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I am a big fan of classic movies and tv shows. That being said, I enjoy the 1970’s show the Rockford Files. It is especially enjoyable for me because it brings back many pleasant memories of watching with my family (mainly Mom and myself) when I was a child. I am also classic car guy and a fan of fedoras. Couple the fore mentioned all together and it makes the show a “home run “ in my opinion.

Jim Rockford (James Garner) drove a Firebird Esprit in iconic gold paint. The more basic styling of the Firebird Esprit fit Jim Rockford’s detective character better than the more flashy Firebird Trans Am.

I have wanted to build this car for a while but a kit is not available. So I had to tame down a Trans Am for this task. Flares, spoilers, shaker hood, heat extractor vents, r-top roof, and honeycomb wheels all had to go.

Here are some pictures. I have a few more details to finish but I am close.

89C27F61-205B-4C68-BA02-CC648C7AC269.jpeg

A4A2BBF6-7E76-4BF4-B24B-D6BB47245C7B.jpeg

3514F325-F48C-4ECE-8B20-FB53A38C90F7.jpeg

F397D9EF-6A48-492E-B7DE-BBC930FE24E0.jpeg

Have a safe and bless week.

Steven

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I just finished my custom 1951 Chevrolet Bel Air sedan delivery model kit. I built it to resemble the Daily Planet newspaper delivery truck from the Adventures of Superman. It was a fun build, I even did a George Reeves Superman and a Phylis Coates/Noel Neil Lois Lane figures to complete the build.

E59247F3-C380-425F-AB17-72B4ACD3C137.jpeg

Here is a video link to my latest model build on my YouTube Channel:

Have a safe and blessed week!
Steven

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
This is the Litzirüti station about four miles or so up the line and across the Langwieser viadukt.. Also a Faller kit, but in plastic and is not identical to the original. Still, a nice kit.

mTte2im.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko