Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Here is the Silk and Rayon one, made in Macclesfield, where all the good silk came from. I always thought Rayon was used instead of silk, but here we have them combined. It perhaps makes it more washable or something. It's pretty short, even for a vintage scarf. 1940s maybe?

This one, I think, is a Tootal, with the label removed. I've seen a Tootal cravat on Ebay with the same pattern, so I assume as much.

The colours are nice and rich.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
"Typically, I'm going to be in Toronto in August on a Sunday and I bet all the thrift stores are closed on Sundays! '
Two Types.

The St Lawrence Sunday Antique Market is open on, yes, every and all Sundays - 5:00 AM 'till 5:00 PM, it having now been relocated

into a large white block-long TENT, on The Esplanade at Jarvis, one block south of the larger St Lawrence Food Market.

Until the end of The Pan-Am Games, the latter will also be open 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM.

Regards,
J T

Hope to be there next Sunday!

-30-

A-List Customer
"Hope to be there next Sunday! "
Two Types.

ANCHORS AWEIGH!

My friends and I are usual denizens of the Burger King (yes, Burger King!) for a good breakfast starting a 9:00 am until about 10: 30 - 11:00 am, after which,

we repair to The Market for catch-as-catch-can buy, however, a better variety is the usual, being available previous to that time.

If you want to join us at break fast, or even post, please consider this as an Invitation to partake!

I will privately send you my cell phone number; if/when, no answer, it would be due to "still in the shower" or did not hear the ringer.

Regards,
J T aka -30-

And definitely, I prefer wool to knitting-wool, because I don't like that german 70's-thing of chunky knitwear that much. ;)

Same on turtleneck-pullovers. I like the thinner, sportier cotton-ones much more, than the knitting-wool-ones! Because, to me, the chunky knitwear feels inconvinient.

DNO

One Too Many
I just realized that I haven't been looking at this thread lately. Seeing Eddie's terrific striped Tootal reminded me that the thrift stores have been kind to me in the last while and I should post a few pics. So here's some new ones...

No label on this one, but it's quite wide:

This one has a Curry's label. They sure loved that powder blue/maroon combination!

One of my favourites...a Forsyth product:

And finally one with no label, although I suspect it may be a Tootal.

DNO

One Too Many
I found an opulent-looking burgundy silk scarf today at the antique market. The photo doesn't do justice to the colour. The detailed photo of the label is more accurate. I have lots of Currie scarves but I've never seen this label. It may be '30s or '40s. It's not printed. The blue stripes are sewn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points