Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Good or bad?

sorry, not trying to be critical of them. In actuality, those aren't a terrible attempt to bring back the 1950's/ early 60's. I just think that Stacy missed the mark a bit. Their faux reptile leathers were pretty bad and the leather is very plasticky so it creases heavily. In terms of design, they are reminiscent of the wilder Stetson designs that I do love.

Finally found a pair of open lace co-respondents tan and ivory
Image1_zpsbf534d2e.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsbb637548.jpg

DSC_0012_zps5151b0c7.jpg

DSC_0010_zps5944f342.jpg

VM
sorry about wrong way round !!!

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If you have a week constitution please advert your eyes! These are my Wolverine Addison 1000 Mile boots after one year. The soles sure didn't make any 1000 miles! They are off to the cobbler, so next week, they should be good to go.
IMG_4565_zpsd19ac0ea.jpg
IMG_4567_zps438a9463.jpg

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Keep us posted.

Well, (regarding my Weyenbergs with the split leather) I soaked them with conditioner for about five days, and they've been airing out since then. I had shoe trees in them for a while, but they weren't drying where I had soaked them, so I took them out a few days ago. They seem to be drying better now, but the backs of the shoes are still darker than the rest of the shoes and still smell of leather conditioner, they seem to be taking an awfully long time to dry. I conditioned them again today for good measure.

How much does this sort of thing affect the overall wearability of the shoes? As I said before the rest of the shoes are in fantastic condition, and I'd hate to stop wearing them over a little thing like that.

Also, about that "leather membrane" thing, considering all the conditioning I've done, is that something you'd recommend for the long term wearability of the shoes? How would I go about having that done, and how visible would the end result be?

Pardon my ignorance about this sort of stuff, but I'm not all that experienced with caring for (or having work done on) vintage shoes, and this is currently my only pair of vintage shoes, so I don't have much experience to go by.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Took most of my shoes to get new rubber over the leather this week, had a lucrative DJ gig and decided that instead of not wearing 'em cos either the leather would go thru or the stickasole had worn out, I'd take the plunge and get 'em done! The cobbler's a good guy and gave me a hefty discount for six pairs of soles & one set of heel rubber, £70! Gonna pick 'em up tomorrow lunchtime...

76311_10153026100890471_1376387235_n.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
That's a great deal! I wish I could find a guy like that.

Went to pick 'em up today and he'd done a good job but was very apologetic for getting a mark (more of a ding, actually) in the toe of the saddle shoes at bottom right in my pic – he'd kept 'em in a bag to stop 'em getting dirty, then dropped one just as he was finishing doing the rubber sole! :eeek:

Bit miffed, seeing as I'd only worn 'em twice – tried the old trick of a soupcon of lighter fluid on a clean rag, but it didn't do much, so then attempted to correct it with shoe cream, which didn't do anything, and neither did a dab of whitener... am left with a vaguely discoloured, thumb-sized mark – at least they'll get dirtied up pretty soon and you won't be able to see it! But I'd rather have made my OWN marks on 'em!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If you have a week constitution please advert your eyes! These are my Wolverine Addison 1000 Mile boots after one year. The soles sure didn't make any 1000 miles! They are off to the cobbler, so next week, they should be good to go.
IMG_4565_zpsd19ac0ea.jpg
IMG_4567_zps438a9463.jpg
Went in to get my boots from the cobbler today, he wasn't done yet. Glad though, he had them on his shoe stand, all stripped. He really does nice work, yes he resews them, and several other steps he explained to me but I forgot. I was worried, he might be a glue guy! He said he would polish them, I said, don't bother!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran