Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Trickers MTO group order

I'm putting together a group order for some custom Brogues from Trickers

15pimpk.png
You might want to post a few more pics of the shoe, preferably from various different angles. Sounds like a good deal but having never worn the brand, much less the last, I have a question: Can they be returned for refund?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
can't return special orders as a general rule.
I only bring it up because it's not mentioned in the offer. ;) But sure it's boiler plate on order forms though it's something that's often rescinded. I've seen plenty of MTO returns on store sale racks over the years. The Northampton outlets are full of them. For these special runs a lot depends on who's sponsoring it and the demand for the item. For instance, my size was sold out on special runs at both Leather Soul and Leffot but weeks later I was notified that my size was available due to a return.

fashion frank

One Too Many
After a good going over.

These are the same shoes ( post above ) that I thrifted early today but after I saddlesoaped ,
shined and then spit shined them to what they look like now .

They are Florsheim all leather shoes .
Could anyone shed any light as to there age, cira ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Two words, FF. Shoe trees. ;)

Oh you are quite right sir , I was thinking that exact samething when I bought them, I have 13 others pairs of shoes and
they all have J.A.B. cedar trees in all of them and I swear by them ( plus they make your shoes smell good :) ).

I am going to give these a good long stretch before the next time I wear them .

Not bad though for $8 bucks.

All the Best,Fashion Frank

boomboom

New in Town
You might want to post a few more pics of the shoe, preferably from various different angles. Sounds like a good deal but having never worn the brand, much less the last, I have a question: Can they be returned for refund?

Hi,

the shoes would require a £100 deposit (sent from you directly to Richard at shoehealer.co.uk) - he organises a lot of MTO orders being a Trickers authorised dealer.

In terms of sizing, it's one of those things. I would recommend you go to a Trickers store and try on a pair, the Last is pretty much the same as a 4444 (Trickers Bourton Brogue) if you can try one of those on. To gauge: I am a perfect UK9.5 in Nike and I am a UK8.5 in Trickers.

I'll speak to him in the week, but i think you would just lose your £100 deposit.

Also if you are not keen on the natural welt, I'm considering changing that to a dark brown welt so all the sole is the same colour. A friend of mine said he'd order a pair if we did the dark brown welt.

Other angles of the shoe:

9ut1tu.jpg

5m08xk.jpg

2qd0v7p.png

2ms0v3l.png

Reddogg

New in Town
Marc,
you should send your pictures to Allen Edmond company. They are one of two companies left in US making all leather shoes for men. they often reproduce vintage shoes for which they think there might be a market. I just recently purchased pair of Strawfut shoes. They are brown leather with blue nylon mesh in the saddle area. Wow are they great.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Keep us posted.

My last post seems to have been missed in the past few conversations, and I've got more to say this time, so I'll post it again.

Regarding my Weyenbergs with the small cracks at the back, as I said before, I soaked them in the "Leather Saver" from Talas for several. I've also gotten some Cadillac conditioner and I've been using that often. I've also tried sea-buckthorn oil, which I'd heard was good for leather, and it seems to have had excellent effects. I still haven't worn the shoes since I started with the conditioner.

I also took them to my local cobbler, who said that they could replace that part if it became necessary (and essentially that I should have put the money I spent on them into buying custom reproductions).

Anyway, as a vintage shoe novice, my main question to the is, how much should a problem like this affect the overall and long-term wearability of the shoes?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
how much should a problem like this affect the overall and long-term wearability of the shoes?
Functionally speaking: The minor damage that you now have or the fix required if the leather continues to tear will not really have an adverse affect on the wearability of the shoe.

Aesthetically speaking: There are gents who would shy away from wearing shoes showing damage or an obvious repair and there are those who it wouldn't bother. You'll have to make that call.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I think a properly mended garment is not only fully acceptable but looks a bit "salty"; showing that you aren't new to good taste and quality, and not so frivolous to throw out what might be repaired. I'd be more hesitant to wear something obviously brand new than something worn in.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I just got some lovely NOS Dr. Scholl's Custom Grade Copeg longwings from ebay. The construction quality on these is very fine and the last shape is quite elegant. I particularly like the shape (and finish!) of the soles. I wish these came up more often.

$(KGrHqV,!nsFHgJIM28dBR+l9M1KbQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJFEFH3lUYitjBR+l9VVscQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!ocFHl(TUNqOBR+l9po7VQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEIFH,op-+7vBR+l9uOvOg~~60_57.JPG

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Functionally speaking: The minor damage that you now have or the fix required if the leather continues to tear will not really have an adverse affect on the wearability of the shoe.

Aesthetically speaking: There are gents who would shy away from wearing shoes showing damage or an obvious repair and there are those who it wouldn't bother. You'll have to make that call.

Well, at the moment, the cracks aren't big enough to even be seen without inspection, and they'd also be covered by my pant leg when I'm standing, so as long as they'll still be wearable, I'll keep wearing them.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Got these Johnston & Murphy two-tones in the mail the other day from our own member, Lando. These shoes are beautiful in person. Now I just need to find an occasion to wear them.

IMG_0259.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran