Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

ties a plenty 012.jpg ties a plenty 013.jpg ties a plenty 014.jpg

Hi Folks
Hopefully spring weather will arrive real soon. I need some recommendations for the best cleaning solution for the white areas of my spectators. Along with any and all suggestions for keeping them looking good... Thank you to everyone and best regards.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Neat. Where do these come from? I saw a lot of this style woven shoe down in Mexico years ago when I was there, but slip on were far more common.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

It was most probably made in Czechoslovakia although any markings was long ago wiped away, but when? 60's? I don't know, the owner is unfortunately no longer with us.

The Shooman

Practically Family
My brand new shoos - Anthony Cleverley

A_C_mine_2.jpg

A_C_mine_1.jpg

A_C_mine_3.jpg

Have the elegance of bespoke, but still not a touch on Vass and the better handmades, none-the-less, one of thje world's finest goodyear welted shoos.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Very nice, Shooey! Are the toes slightly chiseled? Hard to tell with the glare from the shine.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Indigo blue alligator wholecut - the first Cleverley client to have that beautiful colour George carried out my requests perfectly with the alligator - l wanted small scares near the heal, sides and toe areas and wider scaled in the middle on the instep area. Perfect!!! The clicker did an excellent job.
Cleverley_trunk_show_3.jpg

The length is too long and too snouty, so it will need be be slightly shortened and adjusted.

Cleverley_trunk_show_8.jpg

The heal will be removed, the shoes undone and the fittings made for the next try on. The plastic support will also be replaced by a wood and leather shank. The insole will be covered with felt instead of cork, and l am glad. My maker John did my shoes in felt also.

Will take a total of 18 months for the final product. Two fittings in all.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
HA! You are a SERIOUS Shooman, Shooman! Bravo. You put your $$ where your passion is... and I can tell you are having a LOT of fun. Well deserved for a true Shoe Afficionado. BRAVO!!!!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
I have entered the world of the serious BIG shoo daddies now. It's an exciting journey and feels really good. Not just good, but reeeely good. Money is never wasted on great shoes, they are worth every cent, and the experience is priceless. The story behind the shoes is a big part of it.

I was always a shooman, but now l am a REAL shooman, or as l always say, a BIG daddy shooman.

I still would like to get some Lattanzi or Santoni norvegese/bentivegna from you one day. Buying the good shoes make dreams come true.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Money is never wasted on great shoes, they are worth every cent, and the experience is priceless.
I agree wholeheartedly though I do wish that our feet didn't expand as we age. I have prit near a dozen pairs of twenty year old EG that are in great condition but, sadly, unwearable. :(

I agree wholeheartedly though I do wish that our feet didn't expand as we age. I have prit near a dozen pairs of twenty year old EG that are in great condition but, sadly, unwearable. :(

Since I joined FL two years past, my size when from 9.5 to 10.5 however I haven't grown any.. LOL

Regards.

The Shooman

Practically Family

That's why you need to wear all your good shoes as often as you can. Never wear the good ones sparingly (eg, special occasions)...wear the good ones everyday. I will try to wear my bespoke alligators once a week just in case they don't fit me in 15 years time. I would rather wear them out then not wear them out, at least i'll get my moneys worth.

My bespokes will be a close fit, so if my feet change they will no longer fit. This means l need to wear them a lot and get my moneys worth.

Moral of the story = try to wear you best shoes out, never baby them...make them fall apart!!!

Last edited:

Huertecilla

Banned
Not experienced that, yet.

I agree wholeheartedly though I do wish that our feet didn't expand as we age.

Is that a law of nature?

I am nearing 60, have done a LOT of running, walk a LOT, run a hobby eco/farm, love going out with a date as local guide to see cities etc. so it is not that my feet are not (ab)used.
They are still the EXACT same size they have been for 40 years. Ditto my calves. The only variable I experience is the size indicated by the manufacturer. That is not allways as standard as standard sizes suggest.

A very usefull size too as they are on the small end of normal so my size usually ends up on sale.
Just wednesday I bought a nice pair of 'dress boots' and this afternoon I plan to buy the another pair which I should have bought too.
The variable is illustrated by them. One pair is marked size 39.5 and the other 41...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo