Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Searching for old stock shoes...

Where does one find these great old stock shoes? I've checked e-bay. Not impressed with the selection. And in the San Luis Obispo County area pickin's are slim. Are there any online resources to find such great looking foot wear? I have but one pair of Florsheims and would like to expand the collection to some of the new old stock shoes. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Something in a 10 D to 10.5 D please. :) Thank you!

Cheers!

Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well friend, this may not be the answer you were looking for but, to find NOS shoes you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll have to look every where! Also make friends with some of the vintage dealers and they will watch out for you! There is a store called ?¢‚Ǩ?ìRe-mix?¢‚Ǩ? shoes in Hollywood that used to carry only NOS men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and women?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s shoes from the 20?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s to the 70?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. They still have the 60?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s-70?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s stuff but the earlier shoes are no longer around in human sizes. They can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t stock the NOS stuff any more because it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s really drying up!

So, keep your eyes peeled on ebay and ask around for them. They will turn up, just have to search like you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re looking for the lost ark.

All the best,
WR.

PS. Thanks Veronica Parra, that was very nice to say about Matt and I!

DanielJones said:
Where does one find these great old stock shoes? Are there any online resources to find such great looking foot wear?

If you find yourself in the Los Angeles area, go to the brick-and-mortar store that has this website:

www.remixvintageshoes.com

That's right: it's the same place that Root mentioned. The website itself only offers reproductions, but the actual store has a better-than-average selection of dead stock vintage men's and women's shoes from the 1930s onward. Make sure to get on the owners' good side and have them inform you when they get hold of a warehouse full of vintage shoes: it's the best chance you'll have of getting pairs in your size. Root's correct about the stocks drying up, so prepare to be incredibly patient: you may have to wait several years between warehouse purchases.

Hop over to Long Beach and you'll find this store:

http://meowvintage.com/shoes.htm

They also have a pretty good collection of dead stock shoes. Good luck!

-- Marc

decodoll

Practically Family
I posted these photos of some of my favourite shoes in the Powder Room the other day and Lauren says I should put them up over here as well for you guys to see. :) So, I here goes....

specs.jpg

green30s.jpg

goldevening.jpg

blackbow.jpg

bluegrannys.jpg

greybows.jpg

whitegranny.jpg

blackwingtips.jpg

rainboots.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Show us your shoes collection.

Always nice to show and tell:show us your shoe collection!!!
What do you have,whats your favourite and ,if you had a "DREAM" pair,what would be your selection??

Here is a photo of my wee small collection.The upper right pair are Allen-Edmonds(Macneil).Below those are Allen-Edmonds(Byron).
Top left are a Nordstrom Italian line(similar to Allen-Edmonds)
And lower left are a pair of Johnston and Murphy (Aristocrat)loafers.

smallcollection.jpg

My dream pair are split between Alden Wing tip bluchers/Medallion tip Bal's and handmade Oxfords from John Lobb.And those chestnut wingtip spectators from Allen Edmonds are beautiful as well!!!
I want them all i guess!!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa
Always fun to dream.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Here is a pair of Trickers (top range) l picked up last week. (Click on picks to enlarge)

The sole of an Allen Edmonds Shell cordovan double brogue (Cambridge model....no longer available) on my foot

The sole of a Grenson Masterpiece on my foot. l believe that they are slightly below Edward green/John Lobb level. Wonderful shoos.

Some of my collection. l've recently given about 40 pairs away to charity (most Church's, Florshiem and many designer shoos collected in a phase when l didn't know any better).

l don't store all my shoos in one place because of the potential for a fire to wipe out my entire collection. l also keep shoos in storage just in case my house catches fire one day (l pull them out of storage on a seasonal basis).

l'll post some pics of English shoos another day.

Regards: The Shooman.

The Shooman

Practically Family
l suppose my dream shoos would be:

1. Tony Gaziano bespoke captoes
2. George Cleverley bespoke ankle boots wingtips with a chissel toe.
3. John Lobb Prestige monkstrap model limited edition shoos
4. Kiton shoos with heavy antiquing (not sure of type)
5. Lattanzi norvegese constructed blucher model with heavy rope stitching (pure dream)
6. J.M Western Demi-Chasse triple welted hunting model shoo. (l had a long dream about this shoo last night. lt was one of the best dreams i've ever had).
7. Berluti Olga 3 model with the ancient grafitti script on them. (Here is a pic of them below):
berlutiscribbleshoes-1.jpg

Shoo party...... a must see.

Everyone gathers for dinner. After dinner, everyone starts polishing their shoos together, swap shoo stories and tips, and just show their shoos off to each other. l think they also polish their shoos with Champagne.

l'm trying to organise a shoo party over in Australia too.

The Shooman

Practically Family
MOUSTACHE: l admire your enthusiasm for shoos. l like the Mc Neil and the J&M loafer wingtip the best. Nice.

moustache

Practically Family
Danke schon!

The Shooman said:
MOUSTACHE: l admire your enthusiasm for shoos. l like the Mc Neil and the J&M loafer wingtip the best. Nice.

Your collection is quite the cat's pajamas as well!!!

JD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
moustache said:

Moustache, IMO, shoe trees with rounded heel pieces, like those used in the shoes on the right side of the photo, are preferable to those with a less contoured heel, like those on the left. The latter will distort the shape of the shoe, over time. Been there, done that.;)

moustache

Practically Family
Thanks

Tomasso said:
Moustache, IMO, shoe trees with rounded heel pieces, like those used in the shoes on the right side of the photo, are preferable to those with a less contoured heel, like those on the left. The latter will distort the shape of the shoe, over time. Been there, done that.;)

Thank you for the suggestion.Actually,i'm in the process of swapping them out.The trees on the left are a fraction of the price and they were my first trees.As the next few months go by,i will eventually have all rounded trees.They are $20 a set,so a bit more than i have right now.

Ahhh to never have financial issues..What an enlightning thought.

JD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
moustache said:
As the next few months go by,i will eventually have all rounded trees.They are $20 a set,so a bit more than i have right now.

You can shave a few $ off by using this Ebay seller .

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
moustache said:
Thanks for the link.
Even though the savings after shipping will be $2 ,i will look into it.
Thanks,

JD

Seemed like $4 to $5, depending on the volume.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some recent acquisitions.

Made in England shoes:

englishshoedamage1006wq5.jpg

(l to r, Grenson, C&J for Polo, Grenson)

Next, Made in the USA shoes:

americanshoedamage1006vt7.jpg

(vintage Florsheim Kenmoor longwings, vintage Nettleton Bedford model, Allen Edmonds Bradley in chili)

These Nettletons are interesting to me. A different color than is usual, a burnt umber. Also note the hint of shovel sole a la the J&M Hand Mades, though not as pronounced:

p1010202az9.jpg

p1010207ub1.jpg

The captoes together:

captoeshoedamage1006xy0.jpg

(l to r, Polo, Nettleton, Grenson)

When I get back home from holiday travel I should have a few more pairs waiting for me, including a pair of Alden full strap loafers, AE Camerons (full strap pennies) and Cole Haan black wingtips (made in England).

Believe me that expenditure on these is definitely on the budget.

Moustache, your shoe collection is really shaping up. Time around here is having its effect--keep up the good work! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points