Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Claudio

Vendor
IMG_0608[1].JPG

mid 20's that could easily be mid 60's by some of those styles and details

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You HOPED so... as I did. Wishful thinking, though. Lower end materials and construction for a marketplace (US mens dress shoe wearers) that has very little knowledge or caring. How else can it be explained that the BICYCLE TOE is the #1 most sold design of mens US dress shoes today???? One of the alltime worst designs and everyone wears them. In Europe, the still love the captoe oxford and the wingtip oxford.

TO DATE: Not a single "bike toe" shoe ever owned by Daniel. I dislike how sort of "scruffy" they look and Daniel says they appear to be made for climbing a telephone pole....strap on the spikes and get right up on there....lol!

Speaking of shoes...wow...we are still kicking the cans to find you a pair your size.....now our good friend and alligator wrestler, gun slinger, dragon slayer and certified gentlemen Cookie, of course is easy to have found what we have to ship him for something fantastic from Santa.....and as always we love to add some goodies you know....conditioner...gold coins...maybe even a vintage kazoo....lol! But we can't help it. It is CHRISTMAS coming up very fast. If we don't find something to WOW you shoe wise, we may have to go to a plan B and send you shoe goodies.....(hahaha) oh and things to go with shoes...vintage laces...socks....conditioners...shoe trees...polish....ankle holster....(WHAT???) la la lol olololol haha! We have to share with those we have here and such, we have been blessed this past year or two...and have to pass it along to those we care and have love for....

cookie

I'll Lock Up
TO DATE: Not a single "bike toe" shoe ever owned by Daniel. I dislike how sort of "scruffy" they look and Daniel says they appear to be made for climbing a telephone pole....strap on the spikes and get right up on there....lol!

Speaking of shoes...wow...we are still kicking the cans to find you a pair your size.....now our good friend and alligator wrestler, gun slinger, dragon slayer and certified gentlemen Cookie, of course is easy to have found what we have to ship him for something fantastic from Santa.....and as always we love to add some goodies you know....conditioner...gold coins...maybe even a vintage kazoo....lol! But we can't help it. It is CHRISTMAS coming up very fast. If we don't find something to WOW you shoe wise, we may have to go to a plan B and send you shoe goodies.....(hahaha) oh and things to go with shoes...vintage laces...socks....conditioners...shoe trees...polish....ankle holster....(WHAT???) la la lol olololol haha! We have to share with those we have here and such, we have been blessed this past year or two...and have to pass it along to those we care and have love for....

Something is winging its way across the Pacific shortly....not shoe related.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Dear Cookie...you have no idea how special that is. We debated what shoes to send...and worked it out to either some footjoys, Jarmen, or Churches....this weekend I will private message you and let you see the pairs we have selected and let you pick the ones you desire to own. Of course, stuffing some extra goodies along with the shoes makes it even more fun to do. We'd send you a pair of shoes that lidfort pair but we know they are far too big as they are about a size 12 if not more...even though the size says 11D....I think they measure 13 inches or more in over all length and they are very well made but not vintage. We'd not have them up for sale if they were closer to actually being a size 11D. They are still for sale here on the lounge...but no takers yet.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yeah the crappinnes is accentuated by the curl ups because the fit is out as well.

You see that sort of shoe now and then...what in the heck is the purpose of so much toe spring? Some shoes that would be fantastic shoes but they have that darned "toes up" style....why? Some are fairly high end well made shoes...but then that toes up.....water skiing is all we can think of? Maybe a safe guard to help when walking to not step on chewing gum? Pocket folds? Shoes made already half way folded to help fit in your pocket?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If you have not already checked out the website about civilwarboots.com, please do.....wow they have some fantastic all hand made and made to order shoes and boots. I am seeing if they will make the shoes for Daniel that he wanted to make himself. Just maybe....but no matter what I will have at least one pair of dress shoe/boots made.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Toe curlitis is prevelant because there are a couple of generations of shoe designers who only know how to draw sneakers. Few shoe companies have any idea how to balance a shoe and what proper toe spring should be. It is a skill lost in the quest for softer foamier shoes. If you have enough padding you cant tell the shoe is out of balance until the foam breaks down.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Toe curlitis is prevelant because there are a couple of generations of shoe designers who only know how to draw sneakers. Few shoe companies have any idea how to balance a shoe and what proper toe spring should be. It is a skill lost in the quest for softer foamier shoes. If you have enough padding you cant tell the shoe is out of balance until the foam breaks down.
I can guess when that break down happens your feet would be killing you!

Many modern shoes have what we call "waffle" inside of the entire bottom of the shoe...connected to the shoe sole...plastic foam.....and when it is worn out, you get to feel like you are walking on gravel...

Glad to see you posting again...I am working on my budget and then you can bet I will be ordering some shoes and boots for you to make....I sure hope all the shoe and boot fans that are here will look at what you do and decide to take a whirl in what you make.....I have to buy a snow blower before we get into hard winter....lol! Thanks so much!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Nothing new about those shoes.
Arsen_5104_f14_detail2.jpg

1024px-2008-08_archeon_schnabelschuh.JPG

english-footwear-a-pair-of-piked-or-copped-shoes-also-called-poulaines-or-cracowes.jpg

It must be hard to drive in those shoes.

Actually, it seems modern fashion is much like Medieval fashion, skin tight pants, hooded shirts, and pointy shoes.

I cannot say who wears shoes like those...Santa's helpers? Court "fools"...but you are right...much of the "modern" fashion statement just plain "stinks"....

The only good thing about those cowboy boots with the extra long toes...they could come in handy if you needed something to use for firewood in case of an emergency.....How in the world could anyone walk in those?????

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG0853_zpsls85jhod.jpg.html] ://[/URL]Foot Joy......spade sole inspired soft spade sole and stacked heel. Cleaner then ever, only worn 2 times and for very short total time......insides are fairly much like new. Sole great same with heels, no edge wear....has a narrow waist that is lightly bevelded. More than likely mid to late 1960's....but wow......VERY nice and clean....

Size....10 1/2 D with a touch to spare....just your size Cookie....lolololol So....let me know...lolololol!!!!!!
http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG0833_zpsuvjg5ee6.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo