Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Kicking my heels up wearing my vintage 1940-ish "British Walkers."

i-jZ8Lgvb-M.jpg

i-Pkdnfc6-S.jpg
i-BzBTrPC-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

The Shooman

Practically Family
I had and incredible day at the thrift store today. The first pair are some deadstock Florsheim Kenmoors, i got them for $35.

The next is a pair of Hanover LB Sheppards in Shell Cordovan, also $35.

Both were in my size which was amazing. I think they're both 1980s.

Wow, an amazing score. I remember paying $500 for a calf pair about 7 years ago.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am not too sure what to make about this shoes date wise....they have blacked out leather soles, very moderate beveled waist, white stitching and not much actual wear on the soles, but the heels I doubt are original even if they are old or vintage. These may be late 1950's or 1960's. I wanted to have something more from that time period and with a look that will go with Daniel's Sharkskin suit and thin ties. The Black Wingtips or oxfords just did not go very well, nor did any of the Spectators, so these just seem to make the difference.

They are in very nice condition, they shine very easily. Nice grain to the leather. Bostonian shoes. Full leather lined. Very near new looking all around including the inside. Screams "Viva Las Vegas". lol! They are a bit more "pointy toe" than what these pictures show.....
http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG0980_zps4ujvcvxi.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:
Those are cool! I'm no shoe expert, but I'd guess you're not far off with the dating. They definately look like something Elvis or Jerry Lee might have worn back then. Nice find.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
O Sullivan heels went away in the early 70's There is a company that uses a few of the old molds to make new heels but not that type I have a few NOS of them but in smaller sizes. The style is 1960s. I had a similar pair in high school.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
O Sullivan heels went away in the early 70's There is a company that uses a few of the old molds to make new heels but not that type I have a few NOS of them but in smaller sizes. The style is 1960s. I had a similar pair in high school.

What really tosses off the date issue is the white welt stitching. Most of the vintage we have tends to be 1950's or older if the stitching is white and the all black soles that have a slight bevel on the waist area. But then there is the style and over all look of the shoes, including what the insides look like. You are perhaps very correct on these being from the 1960's. I was shocked when I noticed the brand Bostonian, as much as I am always on the hunt for vintage shoes, this is the very first for me seeing this brand name and style together. Normally this would be a Florsheim or other American made shoe.

I have perhaps 4 or 5 heels in boxes just like the ones on these shoes. Mason shoe have used the heels on many of their shoes that are dress shoes. Of course also the O'Sullivan heels were used as replacement work as well. We collect anything we can find vintage for shoes. Heel plates, toe plates, wood shoe trees, polish boxes for keeping shoe maintenance goodies in.

Now I have to cut down spending to save up for you to make some of your wonderful shoes or boots for us. VERY impressed with what you make and excited to see what we can come up with!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Those are cool! I'm no shoe expert, but I'd guess you're not far off with the dating. They definately look like something Elvis or Jerry Lee might have worn back then. Nice find.

Yep! Elvis is IN the house with these puppies! LOL!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Absolutely 1960's. Also, why surprised they are Bostonian? They made the same standard designs as Florsheim and the rest of the American makers. Of course Florsheim dominated the market, so you will find many more of them from the 1960's- 1980's.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Absolutely 1960's. Also, why surprised they are Bostonian? They made the same standard designs as Florsheim and the rest of the American makers. Of course Florsheim dominated the market, so you will find many more of them from the 1960's- 1980's.

I did expect to find a pair of Florsheims but not a pair of Bostonians. Yep, a lot of shoe makers had shoes of a similar style and actually made shoes for other shoe labels....but as stated, this is the very first time I've ever found this style in a Bostonian shoe per how many shoes I am always looking at.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I did expect to find a pair of Florsheims but not a pair of Bostonians. Yep, a lot of shoe makers had shoes of a similar style and actually made shoes for other shoe labels....but as stated, this is the very first time I've ever found this style in a Bostonian shoe per how many shoes I am always looking at.

Bostonian was a relatively small maker in the glory days of US shoes (compared to Florsheim and many others). Business was pretty bad in the 1960's & 1970's especially. In 1979, they were purchased by C&J Clark who turned them into a true international shoe company, producing shoes in massive amounts. You will find a TON of 1980's Bostonians and newer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo