Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting those to fit. I have a virtually identical pair by Edwin Clapp in a tannish orange color. They're marked a 12B, but are definitely generous in the width.

Hello! Thank you so very much for that input. I think the spade sole does give it some "extra" in the width department. I've learned so much about shoe care and how to deal with some issues. There is ALWAYS more to learn all the time. Some of the things I have already learned from my Husband, and then from being here on the Lounge so much. I think with all the education from those that are super experienced here, Cookie, Issinryu101, shoo man.....(I think I have that right)??? But how can you not find out what is what when you have all these shoe masters tossing information at you??? LOL! Got to just LOVE IT!

These seem to be (the Edwin Clapp) in some fairly clean condition. Not worn too much, the inside gold printed label is even clear to read. For me that spells out not much wear time on the shoes. I will take my time in conditioning these rascals for a few days before I proceed to use the stretcher on them. When done with that, I clean the inside and spray them with another shot of hospiseptic to sanitize them all up and then get some polish going. These are the first pair of Edwin Clapp for this household! It will be nice to see how they come out. Thanks again for letting me know about the width.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I have an all white pair of kilties like that but I use them for golf. :p I would use those too---after putting some spikes on them. :p

So...you could love these for a Christmas present? I can do that Mr. Powers. Give me a few days to work on them....and they can head your way....check your PM's....lol!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
i am attempting to find something this nice also for isshinryu101, for a christmas gift to give him. As he does have some splendid shoes, i want to find something that has some "wow" factor to the shoes. So far not any luck but i am not going to give up yet! Until i do find something amazing for him, i will probably send a package with some shoe related "goodies" to him. It is just how it is...got to take care of our friends during this time of the year for sure!

thanx!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hello! Thank you so very much for that input. I think the spade sole does give it some "extra" in the width department. I've learned so much about shoe care and how to deal with some issues. There is ALWAYS more to learn all the time. Some of the things I have already learned from my Husband, and then from being here on the Lounge so much. I think with all the education from those that are super experienced here, Cookie, Issinryu101, shoo man.....(I think I have that right)??? But how can you not find out what is what when you have all these shoe masters tossing information at you??? LOL! Got to just LOVE IT!

These seem to be (the Edwin Clapp) in some fairly clean condition. Not worn too much, the inside gold printed label is even clear to read. For me that spells out not much wear time on the shoes. I will take my time in conditioning these rascals for a few days before I proceed to use the stretcher on them. When done with that, I clean the inside and spray them with another shot of hospiseptic to sanitize them all up and then get some polish going. These are the first pair of Edwin Clapp for this household! It will be nice to see how they come out. Thanks again for letting me know about the width.

A quick give away for wear on vintage is the state of the heels especially as Clapps had their own design. Wonderful shoes.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

You know on the list of those we care and love here, you are up there near the very top! Hope you will have a fantastic Christmas season as well.....and for anyone looking for some fancy vintage shoes...you sure have some of the best listed for sale! Looking at what you have is like eye candy.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
You know on the list of those we care and love here, you are up there near the very top! Hope you will have a fantastic Christmas season as well.....and for anyone looking for some fancy vintage shoes...you sure have some of the best listed for sale! Looking at what you have is like eye candy.

So glad you like lookin' at the shoes as much as I do! Give Daniel a hug from me!!

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face
I've finished working on the latest additions to my collection. Both are 1940s Stetsons. They were pretty rough when I got them, Here's a before picture:

After a thorough cleaning, conditioning, and polishing they look much better:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG1162_zpsu47qceot.jpg.html] [/URL]http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG1132_zpsbfg2dvus.jpg.html] [/URL]

These Edwin Clapps arrived today. They have been already kept in super great condition, hardly any wear on them at all, almost NOS. I did condition, clean, polish them a bit, and I do not think I will need to stretch them at all. The inside is like new, no "foot impressions" on the inside at all. I will know tomorrow when they are put on Daniel how they fit. I think they will be a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Nice. You REALLY need a pair of trees with a fuller heel cup. That one is too narrow (as it always is with that particular tree). The narrow heel cup is pulling the leather on the sides leading to the heel. They will be much happier with a better designed tree.

I've finished working on the latest additions to my collection. Both are 1940s Stetsons. They were pretty rough when I got them, Here's a before picture:

After a thorough cleaning, conditioning, and polishing they look much better:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
So glad you like lookin' at the shoes as much as I do! Give Daniel a hug from me!!

I will do that. Later I will post a pair of shoes I recently purchased for myself. Not sure how old they are, could be 1920's but maybe even older? I need to find some longer thin flat laces for them. This weekend I will be able to get over to our Cobbler, he has a stash left of vintage laces I may find something long enough there. All the vintage laces we have here are about 32 inches long, some 28 but very few of even those sizes now, aside from white laces or tan ones.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Can't believe an 'AA/B' width will fit size 'D' Daniel san

Yes it was a surprise to us also. The inside is wide enough, but I am certain if they were not spade sole, they would be too narrow. The over all length is sort of different also due to the way the toes are so pointed. i'll have some pictures later.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Can't believe an 'AA/B' width will fit size 'D' Daniel san

Yes it was a surprise to us also. The inside is wide enough, but I am certain if they were not spade sole, they would be too narrow. The over all length is sort of different also due to the way the toes are so pointed. i'll have some pictures later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR