Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

guitarmasta12

A-List Customer
Here are my Florsheim Royal Imperials! Very very nice and comfy. Conditioned and polished.

20150225_221146_resized_zpssdgifj1s.jpg

20150225_221436_resized_zpszzhjejya.jpg

20150225_221130_resized_zpsjz9cvsx8.jpg

20150225_221201_resized_zpswzejkew4.jpg

20150225_221242_resized_zps5uyp1ueq.jpg

20150225_221349_resized_zpssaq1heeq.jpg

20150225_221229_resized_zps27npyg3q.jpg

20150225_221305_resized_zpszq7m1ua6.jpg

freakersea

New in Town
picked these up thrifting today, im guessing deadstock? are unworn and look like never been laced up, size 8 EEE which might be the reason why they are still kicking about. Going to confirm with Florsheim but going off the serial code im guessing 875 refers to August 1975. Shoes also still have the final inspect sticker on them.

not my size so will be going up for grabs

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
picked these up thrifting today, im guessing deadstock? are unworn and look like never been laced up, size 8 EEE which might be the reason why they are still kicking about. Going to confirm with Florsheim but going off the serial code im guessing 875 refers to August 1975. Shoes also still have the final inspect sticker on them.

I like those as they are just a bit different enough to be more one of a kind then other shoes from that time period, the toe shape is nice.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Oh lord...I just noticed you have a pair of Vass in that lineup of beauties....that particular model of Vass is so super...great looking and made like a tank.

Numerous Vass are in those pictures. Vass are among my favourites because they feel so solid. Vass are rock solid but they are soft.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

That is not how the numbering works. They did NOT change the stamped numbers every month to reflect the month of manufacture. Florsheim MAY try to make up n answer... but they do not know. They don't make any shoes themselves. They are an international labor outsourcer and have 100% lost touch with their past. I have seen Florsheim incorrectly identify a pair of 1970's shoes as being original 1920's art decos... based purely on 2 pics of the uppers. They had clearly modern footbeds, soles, heels, etc. So sad they lost their history. Your shoes are 1980's or newer. those heels and soles are CLEARLY indicitive of that.

freakersea

New in Town
That is not how the numbering works. They did NOT change the stamped numbers every month to reflect the month of manufacture. Florsheim MAY try to make up n answer... but they do not know. They don't make any shoes themselves. They are an international labor outsourcer and have 100% lost touch with their past. I have seen Florsheim incorrectly identify a pair of 1970's shoes as being original 1920's art decos... based purely on 2 pics of the uppers. They had clearly modern footbeds, soles, heels, etc. So sad they lost their history. Your shoes are 1980's or newer. those heels and soles are CLEARLY indicitive of that.

cheers for that, Florsheim haven't got back to me anyway, I wasn't entirely sure on when Florsheim scrapped that logo, I sold a pair a while back from the early 90s which had completely different logos on the footbed and sole, the heel 'logo' is the same though. (very limited examples here in Australia of old Florsheims to work with)

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I am forever greatful for that Santoni bentivegna you gave me, it's in the picture. It is a masterpice and my greatest rtw.

There is NO ONE who more deserves to wear and appreciate the Masterpieces! Your passion for fine shoes is a wonderful thing, my friend!

I still have its twin... same shoe, but in a whiskey calf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo