Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I found these officer's boots on ebay UK. Not sure if they are British, though. They are stamped 47 A but run smaller if this is supposed to be the size. I wear a 44.5 and they are probably a 45. They are bit too long for me and also too wide with a high instep, but an insole should fix that. They seem to be unissued old stock. The insole reads 47 88 Edlings. Does anybody know the brand?

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

Now I am going to soak them in Lexol for a few days. :)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks. Makes sense. Lot's of unissued Swedish stuff in large sizes is still available.

Wow Rudie, those look killer! Nice and heavy well made boots. Those punch size say 47 A, that must mean a narrow boot? How long and wide are they by measuring the sole width and total length? I think I will go take a peek at listing for UK eBay and see what else they may have listed. Thanks for sharing.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks.

Length is 12 3/4", width is 4 1/4".
Well that does make the boot a bit large size, but the inside of the boots may make them too small for anything we could use here in my home...lol! That size could (not 100 percent of the time) but normally a size 10 1/2 or 11 C is going to give you that outer measurement. I can say if I could find a pair of those boots in a size that would fit my Husband, I would not hesitate to buy them. Those boots are super nice quality. Pegged sole and all.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Shoe Addict presented an opportunity that I could not pass up! Thanks sir - I count myself as one lucky short balding guy!

"Star Brand Shoes are Better."

i-sF4bHW9-M.jpg

I would like to introduce you to an absolutely mint spade soled white suede pair of vintage shoes shoes. Roberts, Johnson and Rand, St.Louis, MO. are the makers. The pair of shoes are labeled on the box as "White Lace Oxfords, Clipper Last." I need to investigate the manufacturers and will report back. The date of the shoes will have to be confirmed. Suffice they are vintage.

i-SZkFRcX-M.jpg

IMO, the shoes have an art-deco-esque seams on the front that are stunning and unique. I took this pic with the right shoe next to my John McHale (possibly Canada's finest shoemaker) 1940's Captoe Derby Gunboats. (They were another gracious offering by VSA. I wear them at least once a week and they look and wear magnificently. They show less wear than a pair of Alden gunboats that i picked nearly the same time as these triple sole beauties.)

i-dsHCLMX-M.jpg

The shoe soles are labeled McKay welt and definitely show a distinctive spade shape.

i-M7XXhpM-M.jpg

I am stunned by these vintage shoes. They are magnificent.

The pair of vtg. spade shoes no doubt have sat in their original box and in fact the left shoe has never been laced.

i-Sb83jKX-M.jpg

i-v5ZNNtQ-M.jpg

I wear my vintage shoes. Vintage Shoe Addict knows my size and these fit like a CHARM! Excellent fit. I know they need some "TLC (tender loving care)," but not sure where to start. I will just sit them on their original box in my wardrobe on my dresser and admire them for the next couple of days.

i-5m7tMK4-M.jpg

Just plain stunning! Thanks again Vintage Shoe Adicct! You are the man in my book.

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I've seen photos of those before and I love them! Congratulations!

(I'm not jealous at all... At least that's what I tell myself. :D)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This is why I send people to vintageshoeaddict in hopes they will take the opportunity to do business with him.....How can you bet those rare shoes? He has the best overall listings for clean, sharp, well made vintage shoes you can hope to find. He does know vintage and it shows.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Vintage Shoe Addict presented an opportunity that I could not pass up! Thanks sir - I count myself as one lucky short balding guy!

"Star Brand Shoes are Better."

i-sF4bHW9-M.jpg

I would like to introduce you to an absolutely mint spade soled white suede pair of vintage shoes shoes. Roberts, Johnson and Rand, St.Louis, MO. are the makers. The pair of shoes are labeled on the box as "White Lace Oxfords, Clipper Last." I need to investigate the manufacturers and will report back. The date of the shoes will have to be confirmed. Suffice they are vintage.

i-SZkFRcX-M.jpg

IMO, the shoes have an art-deco-esque seams on the front that are stunning and unique. I took this pic with the right shoe next to my John McHale (possibly Canada's finest shoemaker) 1940's Captoe Derby Gunboats. (They were another gracious offering by VSA. I wear them at least once a week and they look and wear magnificently. They show less wear than a pair of Alden gunboats that i picked nearly the same time as these triple sole beauties.)

i-dsHCLMX-M.jpg

The shoe soles are labeled McKay welt and definitely show a distinctive spade shape.

i-M7XXhpM-M.jpg

I am stunned by these vintage shoes. They are magnificent.

The pair of vtg. spade shoes no doubt have sat in their original box and in fact the left shoe has never been laced.

i-Sb83jKX-M.jpg

i-v5ZNNtQ-M.jpg

I wear my vintage shoes. Vintage Shoe Addict knows my size and these fit like a CHARM! Excellent fit. I know they need some "TLC (tender loving care)," but not sure where to start. I will just sit them on their original box in my wardrobe on my dresser and admire them for the next couple of days.

i-5m7tMK4-M.jpg

Just plain stunning! Thanks again Vintage Shoe Adicct! You are the man in my book.

Best to all, Eric -

You may have close to one of the only pair of those floating around, they are super nice and geez, congratulations. Wear them now.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today, I got a pair of Aris Allen brown and white spectator shoes. They are very comfortable, and they are the only new spectator shoes (that I know of) that are this style.

JOzmrx4.jpg

IVA2tPy.jpg

44bW3Yw.jpg

G7VuUWs.jpg

hdIvu7O.jpg

Aris Allen is a manufacture of dance apparel and have a line of vintage inspired shoes and clothing geared specifically toward swing dancers. They are more in line with an athletic/activewear type shoe with a vintage styling. The shape of the toe box is probably more about function over form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran