Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rider Walker Lite boots
w9z5xAcl.jpg

ZP6Da0zl.jpg

uFKTwhVl.jpg

EjoK6qpl.jpg

I picked these up on sale a few days ago. They are extremely light and provide great support. For the price I was very impressed with them.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Those shoes are absolutely incredible! If only they were anywhere near my price range

Those are fairly rare, well made. I wonder how the alligator is, may be on the dry side? I have been looking at what bills we have, in thinking I may be able to make an offer, the seller may take? Note the inside of the shoes has the name that the shoes were custom made for. Seeing that about the shoes speaks a lot towards the over all quality as well. You know if they made a shoe with your name in it, makes the shoe on the top of the ladder for them.

I might make an offer of $1900.00 and see what they say?

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face
Those are fairly rare, well made. I wonder how the alligator is, may be on the dry side? I have been looking at what bills we have, in thinking I may be able to make an offer, the seller may take? Note the inside of the shoes has the name that the shoes were custom made for. Seeing that about the shoes speaks a lot towards the over all quality as well. You know if they made a shoe with your name in it, makes the shoe on the top of the ladder for them.

I might make an offer of $1900.00 and see what they say?

My understanding is that the J&M handmade 100's are considered to be possibly the finest shoes ever made in America, and those shoes certainly look it. They don't look too dry either, they're not that old, probably around 1990, so I do not expect any irreversable dryness. Best of luck if you decide to make an offer!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
agreed....

stupid price. If they are the same pair I saw recently, they are also VERY narrow.

I am not sure how narrow these are, but if they are a narrow width, I would have to bow out of wanting to have them, they would not fit Daniel. You cannot stretch alligator or croc. And I agree, for the price they want is too much...reaches into having a super pair of shoes made by hand from Vass or others. However those are a splendid pair of shoes. I am going to make an offer to the seller and see if the seller would say yes. Nothing ventured nothing gained. LOL!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
My understanding is that the J&M handmade 100's are considered to be possibly the finest shoes ever made in America

Not even close. Many pre-1930's US made shoes were superior or just as nice, as well as a nice number of 1940's makers. The 100's benefit from the fact that they were still truly handmade US shoes in the 1980's... while all of the other great ones were long gone.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not even close. Many pre-1930's US made shoes were superior or just as nice, as well as a nice number of 1940's makers. The 100's benefit from the fact that they were still truly handmade US shoes in the 1980's... while all of the other great ones were long gone.

You are right and sadly we have lost all the wonderful shoe industry that was once here. What a dream if someone could have a time machine and go back and grab up a few thousand pairs. Not just for the Men's shoes either, they made some fairly sweet shoes for us Gals as well.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Vass shell cordovan budapesters with 360 degree goiser construction featuring contrast stitching. Comfy, solid and BULLETPROOF. They crush everything it their path, even small rocks.
Todays%20shoos%20334_zpshnemstbf.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Vass shell cordovan budapester type shoes on 3636 last with 360 degree goiser construction. Comfy, solid and BULLETPROOF. They crush everything it their path, even small rocks.

58051192-8179-4b24-9c1b-5854b12d292b_zpssvy2f0kf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points