Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Spectacular spectators indeed, Eric. Love the green cap and heel. You never cease to amaze me with all of your cool stuff!

Thanks sir. This evening I am still excited about these vintage shoes. I will have to consider seeing about a special jacket and slacks for spring to showcase the shoes at a big national banquet. Dlaniger, I look to your lead in classy, debonair daily attire. Eric -

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks sir. This evening I am still excited about these vintage shoes. I will have to consider seeing about a special jacket and slacks for spring to showcase the shoes at a big national banquet. Dlaniger, I look to your lead in classy, debonair daily attire. Eric -
I am eagerly awaiting to see the finished product; Shoes, jacket, slacks the whole outfit. Oh yeah, i forgot the hat too! Please keep me posted on your progress.

A very rare pair of Stetson Spade Sole, dress shoes 1940s. Obtained several years back.
472c7e541766a4d7319f739209325195.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Holy new spectator shoe day! I would like to take this moment to introduce my new 1930 swede and brown ventilated spectators. They have the "London Spring Arch" system. Truly gorgeous shoes.
i-Pj6n4p2-L.jpg

The suede leather is gorgeously intact and shoes the original leather strength and malleability. The nap is present and alive. When you brush the nap on direction it snaps up,like it did when it was new.

i-mMwTVVF-S.jpg

Cap toe is pretty and shows a spiffy curve. They must have been hard to last and construct. The perforations are well done and spaced.

i-jvJLBQQ-M.jpg

i-SjX2Q6J-L.jpg

The shoes shape appears elegant to my eye. I imagine that the shoe showing from under some spring or summer slacks they will be slick.

i-h9ZdrCL-S.jpg

The soles - the soles.

i-38sLcDN-M.jpg

i-55zDFnP-M.jpg

What's the next step? I will have to protect the soles with a rubber protector. After the New Year I will have my cobbler install sole prtotectors. The suede should have some leather conditioner applied to it. What conditioner? Is this correct? I have ordered the Saphir Suede cleaner and am expecting it's delivery. I am not needing it right away -just planning ahead. The leather (brown), soles and insides have been soaking up leather conditioner this morning. The white I have been careful not to get any on. Additional conditioner has been ordered as I suspect both pairs of new spectators will need some additional treatments. Leather insoles(heel only) will need to be made and installed.

The vented spectators will be gently worn. They are such a condition to give many years of enjoyable spectator views.

Thanks for taking a look at the 1930 London Spring Arch spectators. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holy new spectator shoe day! I would like to take this moment to introduce my new 1930 swede and brown ventilated spectators. They have the "London Spring Arch" system. Truly gorgeous shoes.
i-Pj6n4p2-L.jpg

The suede leather is gorgeously intact and shoes the original leather strength and malleability. The nap is present and alive. When you brush the nap on direction it snaps up,like it did when it was new.

i-mMwTVVF-S.jpg

Cap toe is pretty and shows a spiffy curve. They must have been hard to last and construct. The perforations are well done and spaced.

i-jvJLBQQ-M.jpg

i-SjX2Q6J-L.jpg

The shoes shape appears elegant to my eye. I imagine that the shoe showing from under some spring or summer slacks they will be slick.

i-h9ZdrCL-S.jpg

The soles - the soles.

i-38sLcDN-M.jpg

i-55zDFnP-M.jpg

What's the next step? I will have to protect the soles with a rubber protector. After the New Year I will have my cobbler install sole prtotectors. The suede should have some leather conditioner applied to it. What conditioner? Is this correct? I have ordered the Saphir Suede cleaner and am expecting it's delivery. I am not needing it right away -just planning ahead. The leather (brown), soles and insides have been soaking up leather conditioner this morning. The white I have been careful not to get any on. Additional conditioner has been ordered as I suspect both pairs of new spectators will need some additional treatments. Leather insoles(heel only) will need to be made and installed.

The vented spectators will be gently worn. They are such a condition to give many years of enjoyable spectator views.

Thanks for taking a look at the 1930 London Spring Arch spectators. Best, Eric -

All I can say is Shazam! Wow I have never seen anything like them. Wow! Really cool Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC ECHEVERRY

New in Town
A pair of Italian ALICO NEW GUIDE vintage Norwegian welted Hiking Boots........ I´ve had them for 6 years now!!.... I think i will have to throw them away (if i ever get tired of them.... very unlikely) because they will never fall apart...... VERY HARD TO BREAK IN!!..... there was a lot of pain and Blood getting my feet used to them, but once broken in , they became quite comfortable.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
New Vintage Shoe day at my house!

I would like to introduce my new (to me) 1930 Spectators. Roberts Johnson and Rand made these in the 1930's. Grey and green with gorgeous details. The green hue is truly "spectacular, " even for spectators.

i-gCgqrrG-S.jpg

i-dTmczWZ-M.jpg

The shoes arrived this morning and I removed some old built up wax. Then the leather has been soaking in conditioner. The soles cleaned and conditioned. I have ordered and am waiting for some Saphir shoe polish and creams I believe will match these shoes.

i-Q8fSSpm-M.jpg

i-3rrDjt5-M.jpg

My cobbler was contacted early this week and we have an appointment for next week. I will have him review the shoes. I expect, like other vintage shoes, these will have to have the heels replaced, insoles made and a new insert for the heel created. The insoles and heel will make the shoes be able to be gently worn. As with other shoes I will have all the original parts saved. This afternoon I dropped the orginal box off to an archivist to have her work with the box preservation.

i-KdmhtsV-M.jpg

i-wQwtNpG-M.jpg

The soles will be covered with a rubbers sole. My cobbler has done this with other shoes and has been very careful so as not to hurt the ability to have them come back to original condition.

This pair of shoes I intend to gently wear.

Thanks for taking a look and stay tuned for future shots of them being worn.

Best, Eric -
Awesome Eric, I love the color and the spade soles. Amazing find.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
i-Pj6n4p2-L.jpg

i-mMwTVVF-S.jpg

i-jvJLBQQ-M.jpg

i-SjX2Q6J-L.jpg

i-h9ZdrCL-S.jpg

The soles - the soles.

i-38sLcDN-M.jpg

i-55zDFnP-M.jpg

Fantastic Eric, shoes of my dreams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21