Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LarryF

New in Town
Florsheim1.jpg
Florsheim2.jpg
Florsheim3.jpg

Great pair of Florsheim Imperials made in Italy that I recently thrifted. Not sure the age but they're in excellent shape for pre-owned.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage spectators worn this morning to a meeting.

i-9ZgMQ65-M.jpg

Oodles of folks commented on the shoes. Only the two older, classy dressed women knew them as spectators.

i-kgCqZWW-M.jpg

i-sP52JQt-M.jpg

i-5TnpTVB-M.jpg

My cobbler and I have worked to get these gorgeous shoes ready for the warmer weather. Bring the summer on!

i-LmHszN4-M.jpg

i-n4Nt8qS-M.jpg

Original posting here - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-spectator-shoes.57145/page-28#post-2349334 .

These shoes are very comfortable. The brown tongues are a classy touch. Best to all this morning, Eric -

(FYI: This is a duplicate post of the same in the Spectator thread.)

Beautiful brogues! The perforations are over the top. Fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MondoFW

Practically Family
This morning I was out in a vtg. pair of spade shoes. These shoes were made and sold at Bullocks of Willshire.

i-gvBphdz-M.jpg

i-GgQ7wBd-L.jpg

i-SqjSz94-M.jpg

i-SpwsmZ7-M.jpg

i-FNTz88z-M.jpg

i-Bqz7GB5-M.jpg

This evening I have switched to a modern Alden gunboat. These shortwings are very comfy.

i-bfFv3nj-M.jpg

i-4mzpk2K-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Those spade soles are something else! Why change out of such beauties?

Just out of curiosity, what size do you wear?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Those spade soles are something else! Why change out of such beauties?

Just out of curiosity, what size do you wear?
I do change sometimes out of novelty and self-entertainment. This is certainly a first world reason. I have often laughed with my cobbler when dropping off shoes and the counter person asks if I need the shoes in a rush. We both answer that I will not be going barefoot anytime soon.

I needed to change shoes primarily as the vintage spades heels started to chip and crumble. My cobbler and I thought that the heels would bear up to gentle wearing. They did not. I will have to send them in for some work. The Aldens were up to the task of downtown parking, walking the skyways (here in downtown MPLS.) and handling the rain that was going to let up later evening.

As to size, I prefer to keep that close to breast. I wish to keep my shoe/hat hunting options open.

Good luck to you in your adventures. Best, Eric -

tropicalbob

Good day folks. Earlier today I was sporting my vintage Allen Edmonds dress casual black shoes.

i-NtMxXhS-M.jpg

i-wdLnnF8-M.jpg

This model of a split toe blutcher has been in the Allen Edmond line (on and off) for quite some time. Check out a history of the derby here - http://shoegazing.se/english/2017/10/29/history-the-split-toe-derby/ .

I have already posted a couple of pics of the shoes being picked up from my cobbler getting vibram sole protectors and replacement heels attached.

These shoes are very comfy and the durable, casual dress shoes will get a lot of wear time off the shoes on my shoe rack.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

Best, Eric -
I remember these shoes being very popular during the mid-Sixties. There wasn't a cool guy at Towsontown J.H. that didn't sport a pair.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I remember these shoes being very popular during the mid-Sixties. There wasn't a cool guy at Towsontown J.H. that didn't sport a pair.

Bob; Perhaps there is hope for me yet. Crazy, but I really like the style. They are labeled casual today. I do enjoy the "Norwegian" style. The stitched front apron provides my eye some real interest.

Do you have any split toe blutchers? I know that it may be blasphemous to say on the Fedora Forum, but I do like the Alden versions of this shoe. I could easily wear them everyday.

Best to you Bob. Eric -

tropicalbob

Bob; Perhaps there is hope for me yet. Crazy, but I really like the style. They are labeled casual today. I do enjoy the "Norwegian" style. The stitched front apron provides my eye some real interest.

Do you have any split toe blutchers? I know that it may be blasphemous to say on the Fedora Forum, but I do like the Alden versions of this shoe. I could easily wear them everyday.

Best to you Bob. Eric -
The minute I saw those shoes, I immediately thought of "poncho" shirts, white socks, and short black trousers. Ponchos were a style that came out in the summer of 1962 or 1963 and were brightly-colored pullover Madras shirts with a V-shaped shirt-tail. This was all the rage in the N.Y. area and was part of the general "Rat-pack" aesthetic of the time. I remember it fairly clearly because my family moved to Maryland in the summer of '63 where the look was entirely "preppy" and the guys in my neighborhood called me a "greaser." I slowly changed my look, but the black shoes I liked so much that I bought more pairs of them as I went into high school and they merged into my self-identification with the Rolling Stones. I now have no idea exactly why I thought they suited the English Invasion look, but it seemed to work for me. From that time until I was well into my Thirties, i spurned all brown shoes. Lord, how I loved those shoes.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I found a couple of pair of shoes today at the local thrifts. First this pair of Florsheim cap toe balmorals that appear to be from 1992 and are in basically unworn condition.
DSCN2719 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2714 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2713 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2710 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And then at another store I found these Allen Edmonds Broadstreet spectators
DSCN2698 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2700 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2697 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2701 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2709 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
More wear on these, but not bad.
DSCN2704 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I fear they may be a bit too tight, but I'll see if they grow onto my feet.

Michael

MondoFW

Practically Family
I found a couple of pair of shoes today at the local thrifts. First this pair of Florsheim cap toe balmorals that appear to be from 1992 and are in basically unworn condition.

Michael
The Florsheim captoes look straight out of the 30's or 40's. Awesome find, been looking for a pair like that. Same with the spectators, hope they fit well.

Dlaniger

Michael
SCORE!!!!! Perforated Captoe Balmorals brand new very very nice, and lightly used Broad Streets. Great find, Michael.

Dlaniger

Ahhhhh, whiskey shell. Glorious looking shoes. The more I see the Norwegian stitching the more I like it. I understand that the Alden stitching is done by hand. Cool. The rolls of shell are classy to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing. Best, Eric -

After seeing your earlier posts regarding the Norwegian Split Toe I had to dust them off. I had retired them for awhile, but enjoyed wearing them today. You guys keep me motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After seeing your earlier posts regarding the Norwegian Split Toe I had to dust them off. I had retired them for awhile, but enjoyed wearing them today. You guys keep me motivated.

Back at you.... I have split toe balmorals on my search list. In the mean time I wore some Alden green suede gunboats today.

i-js3WCMS-M.jpg

Unlike you I have not worn any cycling shoes the past couple of days.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran