Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
20191111_173622.jpg 20191111_173630.jpg 20191111_173634.jpg 20191111_173637.jpg
Church's Prima Classe Spectators

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Church's shoes are a class footwear as your lovely spectators clearly define. Church's originated in the town of Northampton, a town famous for footwear manufacture, so much so, that the football team (soccer) are known as The Cobblers. A pair of their spectators, like your's, sell for around 700 euros, that's about $775US, a price that reflects that each pair is hand made. Great shoes, compliments to you.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Church's shoes are a class footwear as your lovely spectators clearly define. Church's originated in the town of Northampton, a town famous for footwear manufacture, so much so, that the football team (soccer) are known as The Cobblers. A pair of their spectators, like your's, sell for around 700 euros, that's about $775US, a price that reflects that each pair is hand made. Great shoes, compliments to you.

Thank you! I paid $80 for them, there was a second black and white pair for the same price and I waited too long and lost them.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That's exactly how my father, a WWII Marine, taught me to shine my shoes. A few years ago I started watching some of the many instructional videos on Youtube, but I finally had to admit that the "Spit & Polish" was the best.
Yep...cold water is better as it makes the polish link faster.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Milling around in the attic again and found these boots. Bought them on EBAY in the summer about 4 years ago put them away and forgot about them.
328ac8e54e9d643d20ab1267c199c205.jpg
7b5b479d59bd786ee99fa75e49fac50d.jpg
38e352a8ff48b15f1fd6f7708b71e0cd.jpg
990977ac286ef51fc05304f4f4343d75.jpg

Interesting shoes/boots. I owned a pair of Alden horse loafers in the late 80's. Wore them out did not replace them with similar kind. Horse bit boots - I admit they take make me pause. I must be a stick in the mud for all things fashionable. Dianger, when you post up pics you are always looking sharp. Sharp and dapper. When you wear these, post up a pic as I am curious to the appearance and how you might coordinate them.

Eric-

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting shoes/boots. I owned a pair of Alden horse loafers in the late 80's. Wore them out did not replace them with similar kind. Horse bit boots - I admit they take make me pause. I must be a stick in the mud for all things fashionable. Dianger, when you post up pics you are always looking sharp. Sharp and dapper. When you wear these, post up a pic as I am curious to the appearance and how you might coordinate them.

Eric-
Yes, I agree they are rather trendy. I wore them for the first time today. They felt-like Gucci encased their classic loafer in an ankle boot. They were not the most comfortable Chelsey boots, but I did get a number of compliments. Since they looked like loafers I wore them casually with a pair of burgundy socks, tan corduroys, a burgundy cashmere turtleneck. tan duffle coat, Burberry scarf, and a Wigens cap.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I agree they are rather trendy. I wore them for the first time today. They felt-like Gucci encased their classic loafer in an ankle boot. They were not the most comfortable Chelsey boots, but I did get a number of compliments. Since they looked like loafers I wore them casually with a pair of burgundy socks, tan corduroys, a burgundy cashmere turtleneck. tan duffle coat, Burberry scarf, and a Wigens cap.

Sounds like a styl'n wear of the Gucci shoe. Corduroys need to be worn more at my house. I will look over the Holidays for an excellent price on some Chelsey boots. More styl'n and functional than me wearing my Much boots every morning.

Thanks. Best, Eric -

Dlaniger

Sounds like a styl'n wear of the Gucci shoe. Corduroys need to be worn more at my house. I will look over the Holidays for an excellent price on some Chelsey boots. More styl'n and functional than me wearing my Much boots every morning.

Thanks. Best, Eric -

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benny Holiday

I can definitely see the rich blue in that photo. I've seen the style in a 1936 menswear catalogue I have from National Bellas Hess. Those pictures are black and white; the vivid colour version is a hundred times better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21