Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
22 inches, wow that is so wide, but l like it. . I like a wide leg too, but usually 10 -11 inches.
1680394348029.jpeg

There you go, brown and cream spectators and a pair of twenty-two inch hemmed trousers.
I have been away for awhile, so I am just seeing this. Wonderful! The shoes and jacket are perfect. . I can’t wait to see you model the entire ensemble.
I will get the ensemble photographed tomorrow, weather permitting. Did you see the green version?
1680394625127.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Blue blazer 001.JPG Blue blazer 002.JPG
As promised. This blazer and these shoes go together so well.
I had a pair of white baggies that tied the shoes and blazer
together perfectly. My wife, Tina, made them for me. The
dry-cleaners managed to ruin them. It will be a while but the
lady has promised a replacement pair.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A social gathering tonight found me mixing modern and vintage. A 40's tie and some 30's Bostonians ("Made with the Flexmore Process"). A modern cashmere jacket, slacks and a 30+ yr old London Fog topcoat (I purchased out of Grad school) completed the outfit.

i-vTKFKN7-M.jpg

i-hjtnLRn-M.jpg

i-Mv8bDxp-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A social gathering tonight found me mixing modern and vintage. A 40's tie and some 40's Bostonians ("Made with the Flexmore Process"). A modern cashmere jacket, slacks and a 30+ yr old London Fog topcoat (I purchased out of Grad school) completed the outfit.

i-vTKFKN7-M.jpg

i-hjtnLRn-M.jpg

i-Mv8bDxp-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Fabulous Eric, proof, if ever proof was needed, that fashion is fickle but style is timeless.

The Shooman

Practically Family
View attachment 503880 View attachment 503881
As promised. This blazer and these shoes go together so well.
I had a pair of white baggies that tied the shoes and blazer
together perfectly. My wife, Tina, made them for me. The
dry-cleaners managed to ruin them. It will be a while but the
lady has promised a replacement pair.

GBH, I am really loving the blazer, the wide trousers and the shoes. Really loving the style. I think we like similar things. I really need a blazer, have been thinking about getting one made for a while now.

I have always loved wide trousers. My trouser width at the hem are 10 inches (20 inches circumference); have thought about going 11 -12 inches for cream trousers for Spring and Autumn.

The good thing about people here is that know what they like and aren't afraid to show it. You guys do your own thing and to heck what anyone thinks. Good traditional classic style.

Your wife did a good job making the trousers. You're a lucky man.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Been searching for a pair of these for quite a long time as I wanted a black casual shoe with some pizzazz. AE Nassau sharkskin:
View attachment 507487 View attachment 507488
With some pizzazz? Those AE Nassau sharkskin definitely come with pizzazz! The contrasting laces give them a real kick-ass appeal. (Love the socks too.)

Seeing TheOldFashioned use of contrasting laces reminded me that I often do the same. These burgundy and cream spectators are a good example:
burgundy spectators 001.JPG burgundy spectators 002.JPG
Just in case The Shooman is looking in, I had better show you what I teamed these shoes up with.

Maroon Blazer 005.JPG Maroon Blazer 006.JPG
If any hat connoisseurs are looking in, would a burgundy coloured fedora be "too much" with this outfit? I keep looking at wine coloured hats, still looking!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous in black. I like it better in black than brown.

i-6Sg2bb9-M.jpg

Congrats sir.

Eric -
Thanks, Eric! I passed on a past opportunity to get a pair in brown because I have the Alumnus model in Horween CXL, which fits the role of a casual brown shoe for me. The black Nassau has been a 3-4 year journey that happily ended a couple weeks ago. They have been getting a fair amount of wear already.

With some pizzazz? Those AE Nassau sharkskin definitely come with pizzazz! The contrasting laces give them a real kick-ass appeal. (Love the socks too.)

Seeing TheOldFashioned use of contrasting laces reminded me that I often do the same. These burgundy and cream spectators are a good example:
View attachment 507514 View attachment 507515
Just in case The Shooman is looking in, I had better show you what I teamed these shoes up with.

View attachment 507517 View attachment 507519
If any hat connoisseurs are looking in, would a burgundy coloured fedora be "too much" with this outfit? I keep looking at wine coloured hats, still looking!

The Nassau was available in an even more rare spectator version, which might be right up your alley:
IMG_8669-1024x576.jpg

As you can see my contrasting laces are aftermarket. I wanted to add a bit more playful pop, so I picked up an 8-pk of various neon colours. I also ordered some barrel tip metal aglets, but even the smallest size won't fit through the eyelets. Not sure I want to cut my laces every time I want to change them.

The socks are Happy Socks. Would fit well with your affinity for flair, but would probably be hidden under your baggies.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Eric! I passed on a past opportunity to get a pair in brown because I have the Alumnus model in Horween CXL, which fits the role of a casual brown shoe for me. The black Nassau has been a 3-4 year journey that happily ended a couple weeks ago. They have been getting a fair amount of wear already.

The Nassau was available in an even more rare spectator version, which might be right up your alley:
View attachment 507526

As you can see my contrasting laces are aftermarket. I wanted to add a bit more playful pop, so I picked up an 8-pk of various neon colours. I also ordered some barrel tip metal aglets, but even the smallest size won't fit through the eyelets. Not sure I want to cut my laces every time I want to change them.

The socks are Happy Socks. Would fit well with your affinity for flair, but would probably be hidden under your baggies.
1681544815915.png

Coincidentally I have been coveting something similar for a while but just could't justify spending much the same as the cost of a made to measure blazer. Now you have gone and rekindled my sin of covet, and some!

UndesireableVtg

New in Town
Perfect timing. Was just going through some of mine.

1) Biltrite Canadian Military
2) Two Tone Nunn Bush
3) John White Oxfords(I do believe?) unsure of date but think late 70s
4) Benson and Harvey, never worn, again believe late 70s

5) These, in particular, I’d love some feed back. Haven’t been able to find much Info on them. Think they may be Dack’s(the gold logo that once was on the sole has all but faded) but all I can make out is the style code/size/made in Canada.

If they are Dack’s I’m very curious about the leathers used.

6) Dack’s Uptown Collection Loafers.

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    973.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    919.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 52

Fifty150

One Too Many
1689914997603.png

Here is what Dominican Republic hand sewn Allen Edmonds looks like. I just got this pair back from the factory. They had to repair the stitching. Hand sewn in The Dominican Republic. Broken stitches in The United States.

The leather is buttery soft. So comfortable, that I can wear them without socks. The leather laces are soft and supple. The Vibram lug soles provide superior traction. Not too bad for a shoe made with cost cutting measures.

PSX_20230720_215720.jpg

IMG_20230720_101151711 (1).jpg

Fifty150

One Too Many
When I was regularly commuting for 5 hours, these were my "driving shoes". From the same Dominican Republic factory.

I wear them without socks. Just right for hundreds of miles behind the wheel, and using the bathroom at truck stops.

PSX_20230720_222804.jpg

Fifty150

One Too Many
I was sitting in The Chair. Getting a shoe shine at Nordstroms. It was only a decade or so ago, Nordstroms had shoe shines for $2.50. Of course, most people gave the guy $10 and told him to keep the change.

Retail stores are slow. They made all of their money around retail holidays like winter festival gift giving, back to school sales, and days invented by Hallmark to sell greeting cards. Any other time of the year, shoppers waited for sales. Macy's made up "white flower day", which meant nothing. It just meant that they needed to run the weekly print ad.

The Men's Shoes department had a new salesperson. A girl. A student from the college right next to the store. Very rarely, do you see that. Department stores were weird that way. Only men sold menswear, and women worked in the rest of the store. At Sears, men also got to sell tools and appliances. But that was it.

The shoe girl was hanging out by the shine stand, sipping a coffee. Nordstroms had its own cafe. I said: "Too bad this store doesn't have a bar. That's what a department store really needs. So guys can have a beer and watch tv while their wives are shopping." The guy shining shoes grinned, and produced a bottle of Scotch. That was kind of an insiders' "thing". Along with generous tipping, regular customers tipped with alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis. The shine guy kept the booze, cigars, and joints right there in one of the drawers with the cans of shoe polish, brushes, shine rags, et cetera. People would partake socially. It turns out that the new shoe sales girl was already drinking. The coffee cup was topped off with whiskey.

After the shoe shine, the shine guy handed the salesperson a joint, and said, "why don't you go on your break, I'll keep an eye on things". We headed outside to my Jeep. No sparks. No flames. At least not on my end. I was just thankful that since my car had an open top, it wouldn't be filled with marijuana smoke. She was much more of the touchy feely type. But I thought that it was just how some girls are. They hug and kiss everybody. Even some guy from the shoe shine stand, like me, that she just met.

I don't know. I was young and naive. What are you supposed to do with a girl who is drinking and smoking at 3 in the afternoon? She gave me a pair of shoes. I didn't ask if she got an employee discount. I offered to pay her back. She giggled and sort of waved me off. As if she stole them from her job. I can't pay her back, if she didn't pay for them either.

I didn't care. I was not going to judge her morals. At that stage in my life, I was lucky to get free shoes, food, and fornication. No way was I going to lose a good thing by asking where it came from. It wasn't as if I was going to ask how she could afford steaks on her salary.

IMG_20230725_211442051.jpg

IMG_20230725_211521266.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21