Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
CJ Shoes 003.JPG CJ Shoes 004.JPG
Last August I came across these casuals at one of the UK's popular vintage festivals, "Twinwood." I have yet to wear them. They look okay and go well with the wide style trousers that I have a penchant for, but just like the burgundy fedora, I have a reluctance to wear them, preferring my more traditional lace ups. What a strange fellow I can be.
CJ Shoes 005.JPG CJ Shoes 006.JPG
But now I have worn the hat, maybe those shoes might just get a few scuff marks on the soles. You never know.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
GBH, I am really loving the blazer, the wide trousers and the shoes. Really loving the style. I think we like similar things. I really need a blazer, have been thinking about getting one made for a while now.

I have always loved wide trousers. My trouser width at the hem are 10 inches (20 inches circumference); have thought about going 11 -12 inches for cream trousers for Spring and Autumn.

The good thing about people here is that know what they like and aren't afraid to show it. You guys do your own thing and to heck what anyone thinks. Good traditional classic style.

Your wife did a good job making the trousers. You're a lucky man.
How remiss of me not to respond with thanks to this kind compliment. The lady got all bashful when I showed her your kind comments. "Aw shucks," was about all I could get out of her.
The lady more or less put this ensemble together. I had the shoes made by Colin Johnson, as seen above. https://www.colinjohnsonshoes.com/ My wife not only made the trousers and shirt, she sourced the blazer, quite by chance, from a trader at one of the festivals that we love going to. The hat is also bespoke, courtesy of Gamble & Gunn.
Striped blazer & tie 001.JPG
Striped blazer & tie 002.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A pair of dirty bucks are versatile and get worn regularly; whereas my white bucks don’t get out much. These are by Brooks Brothers:

View attachment 589863 View attachment 589864 View attachment 589865

Love the dirty bucks Brent. The Brooks Brothers bucks are truly classics.

The "dirty" shoes are indeed easy to wear as the worry of scuffs and dirt are diminished. Don't you just get a kick out of how easy the suede finish wears. Dirt or minor scuffs can be just brushed off. Easy care shoes.

I use a pair of white leather Trickers for "weather." They can take a weather and situation beating. The white CXL leather really puts worries of scuffs at bay. Care is simple, IMO.

i-9qq3pTV-M.jpg

i-9nXFJsg-M.jpg

Dirty bucks have a valued place on my shoe rack and in my shoe rotation. My bucks are Allen Edmonds. I recall they are the New Orleans model.

i-pVJtbB8-M.jpg

All said white bucks are a treat opn the feet when the skies and stars align.

i-JmwTWDQ-M.jpg

i-r82kdg9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Fifty150

One Too Many
Sometimes I just want to wear slippers. These Sperry Moc-Siders fill that niche. Extremely inexpensive Extremely comfortable. Excellent traction. My feet are warm and toasty. I can walk around all day, for miles, and be perfectly comfortable. Not every pair of shoes has to cost a week's wages.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 22.17.07.png

IMG_20240215_115137588.jpg

And yes, I know, that several popular adult video series begin with that same "point of view" camera shot looking down at the shoes.

Screenshot_20240208-150440.png

Screenshot_20240210-142302.png

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sad to learn that Colin Johnson, who made many a pair of shoes for Tina and I, is trading no more. https://www.colinjohnsonshoes.com/ It simply says closed on his website. Wishing you well Colin, I do hope that it's retirement rather than any health issues that have made you call it a day.

When I wanted a dark green shoe Colin came up trumps, although my phone camera doesn't do the colour justice, but you can still just about make out the green.

Green shoes 001.JPG Green shoes 002.JPG Green shoes 003.JPG Green shoes 004.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I have been away for awhile, so I am just seeing this. Wonderful! The shoes and jacket are perfect. . I can’t wait to see you model the entire ensemble.
Catching up on the latest shoe posts I always enjoy going back for a reminisce. Shame on me for not replying to this post, but in defence I probably posted this elsewhere. Still better late than never.
Blazer Two - Copy.JPG

The shoes were made by Colin Johnson. On his website it simply says: "Closed." I have since discovered that he has sold the business. The blazer is bespoke: https://www.foxtailoring.co.uk/ My wife made the shirt and trousers, she cursed me, the shirt's spearpoint collar is a difficult feature to perfect.
esther.jpg
Who remembers this lady, former Lounger, Esther Weis. She made my hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner