Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Shooman said:
A really interesting boot. A balmoral wingtip that looks to be blake rapid stitched, could be ltalian origion. Really close stitching of the soles, similar to how many old shoos are stitched.

You might be surprised at what a good couple applications of Pecards over a few months would do for those boots. The bad bit is the top end of the lacing and that will be hidden under your trews most of the time.

P1080102.jpg

Weyenbergs that were made in Ireland. How unusual when they had a perfectly good factory in Wisconsin. They are early 60s I think. A few in that style are appearing on eBay in NOS condition.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Ahhh, this thread is livinin' up. Excellent posts, fellas!! :eusa_clap

------------

Wore these woven leather derbies the other day. Uppers remind me of some '30s styles I've seen. Unfortunately, these modern takes have glued on plastic soles which I'm sure will separate before too long. Leave it to Brutini to louse up a good thing.

DSCN2683.jpg

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
First post, got to start somewhere...
Picked up a few pairs of shoes in the thrift shops lately, pics are of the shoes in as found condition
Love the toning on these Florsheim Imperials, not sure of the age but they have a nice older feel to them
shoes2.jpg

These Canadian made Dack's are in great condition and also have a nice tone to the leather, fit great in fact I wore them today
shoes4.jpg

Black Allen Edmonds in fine shape and perfect fit, these dont have a vintage feel but seem like a fairly well built shoe.
shoes3.jpg

Thanks for looking
Kevin

cptjeff

Practically Family
Sled Dog said:
These Canadian made Dack's are in great condition and also have a nice tone to the leather, fit great in fact I wore them today
shoes4.jpg

I never understood the animosity towards bicycle toes that many people seem to have. Those are pretty shoes.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Honey Bee said:
Thos are great lookin' shoes!
That's was something my grandpapa was always proud of, his shoes. He use to be a shoe salesman for Thom McAn shoes.

Cool. My dad (b. 1914, d. 1991) was in men's clothing sales in the forties and fifties in Detroit. He knew his stuff and imparted a sense of the privilege it is to be able to dress up a little now and then, head to toe. :)

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
Real deal?

Not vintage, but if theyre the real thing then I scored some nice Alberto Guardiani shoes at the thrift shop today

shoe7.jpg

Both pair appear to be new as the soles are virtually unmarked
shoe6.jpg

Inside label
shoe5.jpg

I dont really know anything about these, but they fit me and are probably worth the $10 I paid

Thx
Kevin

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Sled Dog said:
I dont really know anything about these, but they fit me and are probably worth the $10 I paid

Probable score of the year. They are one of the best and most expensive shoes in Italy. They would have cost the owner around USD500. On YOOX discount store they sell for around USD300. I bought a pair back in the 80s in Rome that cost me hundreds of (then) dollars. If they are not you size you should flip them on eBay or Styleforum for a 'nice little earner' IMO.

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
cookie said:
Probable score of the year. They are one of the best and most expensive shoes in Italy. They would have cost the owner around USD500. On YOOX discount store they sell for around USD300. I bought a pair back in the 80s in Rome that cost me hundreds of (then) dollars. If they are not you size you should flip them on eBay or Styleforum for a 'nice little earner' IMO.

Thanx for the info Cookie! I bought them to wear as they fit, but after reading your reply it has me thinking...
Also makes me wonder why someone would buy expensive shoes like that and never wear them..and then end up in a thrift store....

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sled Dog said:
Also makes me wonder why someone would buy expensive shoes like that and never wear them..and then end up in a thrift store....
Businesses and individuals can write off charitable donations on their income tax return. Some people (or businesses) would rather take the write off rather than screw around with eBay, consignment stores and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran