Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
On a roll....

Dropped into Value Village today and found a nice pair of Canadian Dacks for $15, which is kinda expensive for a thrift store but they are in real nice condition, and they fit me.
What do you call this style of wrinkled leather?
Thx Kevin

shoe10.jpg

shoe9.jpg

shoe8.jpg

Vic

One of the Regulars
Vic said:
Here are two of my favorites:

1) These are my John Fluevog winklepickers with a Cuban heel. I love the Art Nouveau stitching!

DSC00944.jpg

2) And these are my very loud pair of John Fluevog jam shoes in black patent leather and white pig skin.

DSC00936.jpg

I already posted my favorite pair (#1...the brown winklepickers, above), but here are some more shoes I have.

3) Frye Fulton Lace-Up Workboots (favorite boots that I own):
DSC01024.jpg

4) Kenneth Cole Workboots:
DSC01025.jpg

5) Sebago Cayman II Penny Loafers
DSC01026.jpg

6) Engineer Boots:
DSC00930.jpg

7) Hugo Boss zip boots (not crazy about zippers on boots, but I like these):
DSC00932.jpg

8) Politix Chelsea Boots:
DSC01029.jpg

9) proper Brothel Creepers and Chukka Boots:
DSC01028_1.jpg

10) and Cole Haan's for hiking:
DSC01027.jpg

Vic

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
----------------

Vic, it looks like you've got it covered in all directions.

----------------

lol Years worth of accumulation...

The two Workboots are my preferences these days...but, of course, the Penny Loafers and Brothel Creepers are better if I go out to rockin' gigs with dance floors, etc.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Vic said:
lol Years worth of accumulation...

The two Workboots are my preferences these days...but, of course, the Penny Loafers and Brothel Creepers are better if I go out to rockin' gigs with dance floors, etc.

Well, it's obvious that you are enjoying yourself - having fun with your footwear. That's what counts. Our tastes are different but I congratulate you for doin' your thing!

Vic

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
Well, it's obvious that you are enjoying yourself - having fun with your footwear. That's what counts. Our tastes are different but I congratulate you for doin' your thing!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm mostly into 50s rock n roll & rockabilly clothing...which can often be a bit loud for people. My tastes are starting to tone-down a bit lately, though. e.g. I don't think I'd be purchasing two-tone shoes anymore these days. Glad I've got 'em handy though, in case the mood strikes me.

Vic

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
lol Busted.

And it includes 'two-tones', by the way. ;) :D

That's cool... the black & white ones just draw too much attention for me (especially the jam shoes w/ the patent leather). And the black & gray ones are just a little busier than what i currently like. I don't want everyone staring at my feet when they first meet me...that's just not what I want out of a pair of shoes anymore. But I still like them in their own right (which is why I included them in the post). I have to be in the right mood for them. A lot of the 50s hepcat stuff is starting to get a bit loud for me, personally. As for the other stuff (basically as you said), to each his own :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Pegged (holzgenagelt) heels...with a touch of spade sole and the cleat....I suspect late 1940s /early 50s.

I hope that's true but I think they MIGHT be later. Like '70s, perhaps. What the photo didn't convey is that the cleat is a type of plastic - neoprene or nylon. How early were high impact plastics used in this manner, I wonder.

Something about that "Benchmark" logo type inside also seems just a little too 'groovy' for '40s/'50s. Naturally, though, I'd like to be wrong about that.

Totally guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised if these are about 30 - 40 years old and that Jarman just knocked themselves out on their top-of-the-line at the time.

I started searching for Jarman reference info and this ad was the first thing on which I stumbled:
ODG136434894.jpg

For cryinoutloud, it turns out I HAVE that shoe horn shown in the ad. It was my father's.

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2940.jpg

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Well, here i go.
img0767rd.jpg

Looks like it says Dexter on the heel, thrift store find.
img0769w.jpg

Corcoran field boots
img0771k.jpg

Another thrift store find
img0772d.jpg

At The Front service shoes.
img0773jd.jpg

The shoes on the far right of the first picture aren't technically mine, so i didn't include them.
Wolfe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto