Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
Yeah yeah...now l understand.

They are a pair of burgundy shell cordovan Florsheim lmperial v cleat longwings in my exact size of 8D. l now have five pair with another pair of NOS on the way (been in the post for a month so far). These were not nos, but the wear is quite minimal. A good price paid....certainly better than the $500.00 they were asking for recently on ebay for a pair of nos burgundy shell.

SteveAS

Practically Family
How do these compare to your pebble-grain v-cleat Florsheim Imperials? I recently got a pair of v-cleat shell cordovan Florsheim Royal Imperials. The leather is great, of course, but the soles are slightly thinner and don't protrude beyond the uppers as far as they do on the pebble grains. While I like the shell cordovan leather, I prefer the heavier soles on the pebble grains. Is this a Royal vs regular Imperial thing . . . or a shell vs pebble grain thing . . . or are my Royals just more recently made? [huh]

For reference, here is a picture of my shell cordovan Royal Imperials (before I cleaned them up):

456442674_o.jpg

Last edited:

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I can appreciate any kind of art & those are simply amazing...especially the second pair...wowzers! a great 30s shoe sets off a nice dress or suit! good find! Those must have been expensive...especially if you bought them in London.

Two new pairs i feel very smug about -
$(KGrHqMOKikE0sRpwCY,BNc3iDCmCg~~0_3.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKp0E1rEgt(D(BNc3iLpw7!~~0_3.JPG

!CF5-2)QEWk~$(KGrHqYOKjIE0eGNUfzRBNWqYIP1sw~~0_3.JPG

!CF5-7+w!2k~$(KGrHqQOKi4E0)3n!bkiBNWqYf((zw~~0_3.JPG

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I love shoes! I buy shoes before anything...they're probably my favorite part about a nice emsemble. If anyone has any two-tone or suede shoes from the 20s-50s, I want them! Sell them to me! or if you're looking to trade for vintage, let me know!
The picture below is probably about 3 years old & I have added many shoes to my collection...& sold a few that were too tight. I think I have 50 or 60 pair now...(Plus I have greens, blues & grays, which are the rare ones)

l.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
How do these compare to your pebble-grain v-cleat Florsheim Imperials? I recently got a pair of v-cleat shell cordovan Florsheim Royal Imperials. The leather is great, of course, but the soles are slightly thinner and don't protrude beyond the uppers as far as they do on the pebble grains. While I like the shell cordovan leather, I prefer the heavier soles on the pebble grains. Is this a Royal vs regular Imperial thing . . . or a shell vs pebble grain thing . . . or are my Royals just more recently made? [huh]

lt's not a shell v's pebble thing. Both of my shell and pebbles have identicle welts and soles.

Could be a number of reasons why the sole is heavier on the pebblegrains.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Boots go in a different thread please. Bartenders could you move this post?

They look very nice unlike the Allan Edmonds pics. What I can't understand about AE was why they did not simply make them in walnut like the good old days and they would be walking out the door. That brown is hard colour to match to a suit or even chinos IMO.

I love shoes! I buy shoes before anything...they're probably my favorite part about a nice emsemble. If anyone has any two-tone or suede shoes from the 20s-50s, I want them! Sell them to me! or if you're looking to trade for vintage, let me know!
The picture below is probably about 3 years old & I have added many shoes to my collection...& sold a few that were too tight. I think I have 50 or 60 pair now...(Plus I have greens, blues & grays, which are the rare ones)

l.jpg

Never thought I would find my long lost twin brother on the Lounge!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Found these at the thrift store a couple of days ago. Nothing special or vintage, but a nice, rich dark brown color that I don't have anything else like. Full leather lining and very little wear. They're made in Italy, but I don't recognize the brand - Red Shoe.

ShoesDkBrn2.jpg

Odd sole, but good for traction on these wet, late winter/early spring days here on Vancouver Island.

ShoesDkBrn3.jpg

And not a bad deal at $1.99...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Found these at the thrift store a couple of days ago. Nothing special or vintage, but a nice, rich dark brown color that I don't have anything else like. Full leather lining and very little wear. They're made in Italy, but I don't recognize the brand - Red Shoe.

ShoesDkBrn2.jpg

Odd sole, but good for traction on these wet, late winter/early spring days here on Vancouver Island.

ShoesDkBrn3.jpg

And not a bad deal at $1.99...

Redshoe is very good quality . I have a pair.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Those are made from corrected grain leather. While on the lower rung of hide quality it actually performs well in inclement weather as the finish is more or less water resistant. Not a bad looking shoe to wear through slush and snow.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
They are Stetsons? The colour is awesome. I like the mild spade last as well. Could you use a Flicker account for your snaps and give us some bigger resolution shots of those beauties?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters