Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got these:

p1013049pq9.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3660/p1013054zm0.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/247/p1013051sa2.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
YETI said:
S7300330-1.jpg

S7300331-1.jpg

S7300332-1.jpg

S7300333-1.jpg

S7300329-1.jpg

I thought modern shoes sucked(square toed type). But from what I've seen in previous posts proved me wrong.

Not entirely. Your 50s shoes are beauties but I prefer the 1930s and 40s style which is a little closer to the Tricker's type above with that fabulous more elongated toecap. In this they are more like the modern British shoes from companies like C&J Trickers Cheaneys Churchs Grenson etc.

My latest is from dead stock and an old firm called Glickmans:

and an Australian firm called Hansmans

I was tempted to buy a pair like your top ones :Sundial Somerset Wine International Shoe Company St. Louis USA

The seller also had beautiful black 1940s shoes:

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia your shoes are all so neat and tidy! :eusa_clap

Mine are.......not so much
5df71dd1.jpg

90adca86.jpg

4c45f07f.jpg

I have a bit of a problem (note the buckling shelf lol )

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I think it's partly my anal retentiveness but the shoe box with photos idea I got from actress Aisha Tyler. I saw an interview with her when she was on "Friends" and she ended up talking about her billions of shoes. Anyway a picture of the shoes on the box was how she's able to keep track of her shoes.

The Shooman

Practically Family
HungaryTom said:
Kovacs Jozsef-Meisterstück Mahogany Cordovan Longwing
25KovacsJozsefLiverpoolcordovancogn.jpg

2005aug23collection1.jpg

Those are INCREDIBLE Tom. Some of the best shoos i've seen anywhere. l hope to have many of those in the next 5 years.

That Kovacs would have to contain some of the most handwork of any shoo in the world. l'm thinking of getting a similiar pair in Shell Cordovan by Dinkelacker.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
On the shoe note... Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep these things on my feet? The heel likes to pop off and fold under tripping me up every few feet.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Tamamiko said:
On the shoe note... Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep these things on my feet? The heel likes to pop off and fold under tripping me up every few feet.

That's no good. Obviously they don't fit right. Probably best to get rid of them and get a different pair.

Mary

Practically Family
klara said:
Here's a couple of my shoes.

skor.jpg

These are fantastic! I think I like the purple ones the most or maybe the green or any of the black...:eusa_doh: I'd love to see more pics. like a sideview. And please tell my when they're from if you know. What are your dreamshoes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk