Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sing it, Brother!

[video=youtube;wi4DsIveSCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4DsIveSCI[/video]

flyfishark

Practically Family
Here's a pair that you either love, or love to hate. These are pebble grain leather, leather soles, a full Florsheim Shoe:
f2prud.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Heading to South Carolina for graduation. I'll post more when we get back. Issh, take it from FlyfishFreud, you need to get outta the office more! Next week, I'll post a strap sandal just for you. In the mean time, stick with the 101 proof!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Here's a pair that you either love, or love to hate. These are pebble grain leather, leather soles, a full Florsheim Shoe:
f2prud.jpg
White leather seems to get a bad rap in most circles. Maybe it's the Florida retiree thing. I wonder if the pebble grain would have a mitigating effect...

I was considering these pebble grain wingtips by Peal, though they sold out my size during my deliberation. :(

294H_WHITE

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...nt_Id=305&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Luckie

New in Town
I'm not a big vintage shoe fan, but I have a collection of over 20 pairs of John Fluevog boots and shoes. When I figure out posting a pic, I'll post a pic of some of them.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
White leather seems to get a bad rap in most circles. Maybe it's the Florida retiree thing. I wonder if the pebble grain would have a mitigating effect...

I was considering these pebble grain wingtips by Peal, though they sold out my size during my deliberation. :(

294H_WHITE

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...nt_Id=305&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

When it comes to white shoes, pebble and suede are the way to go. The texture kind of gives the white a finite depth. Plus, grain leather doesn't show blemishes and stains as well as smooth leather, which highlights it.

cookie

I'll Lock Up

294H_WHITE

Down Under it was the chosen attire of Gold Coast property developers who were subsequently renamed "The White Shoe Brigade" which became the generalized buzzword for "spiv" in Australia.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Some thrift shop pick-ups. The Hartt's are some of the most solidly built shoes I've handled.
IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

Similar to the two pairs of John McHales I got last semester in construction and style.
154997_483433790908_630485908_5704157_7444860_n.jpg

P1100870.jpg

P1120134.jpg

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Some thrift shop pick-ups. The Hartt's are some of the most solidly built shoes I've handled.
IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

Similar to the two pairs of John McHales I got last semester in construction and style.
154997_483433790908_630485908_5704157_7444860_n.jpg

P1120134.jpg

I DO like your style, friend. HOWEVER, I'm confused by your lack of love for these shoes. A pair of $13 cedar trees, a $6 leather conditioner & some Meltonian cream polish will do wonders for these. Those creases will mellow after 3 months in trees, if they're moisturized and polished. The "bones" are good, so take care of them, and they'll be wonderful.

Nice finds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen