Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Vintage Church's Brogues. Although not labeled as such (that I can find, at least), I believe they are Ranch Oxhide. Church's was one of the more well-known English shoemakers to "indulge" in the exotic skins genre extensively. I have seen Fighting Seal, Elephant & Sea Lion vintage Church's (along with the requisite Croc & Lizard).

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8973.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
These are Moreschi, and I usually don't handle Italian shoes. These, though, are incredible with glove-grade peccary. The softest--and one of the toughest, I'm told--leathers I've had in a shoe. I love the indentations from where the quills were pulled.
rt2sr7.jpg

14wr2hj.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
These are Moreschi, and I usually don't handle Italian shoes. These, though, are incredible with glove-grade peccary. The softest--and one of the toughest, I'm told--leathers I've had in a shoe. I love the indentations from where the quills were pulled.
rt2sr7.jpg

14wr2hj.jpg

Peccary is a rodent no es verdad? Not a quilled animal.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I miss the days of old in regards to shoe-making materials. Long gone are the days when, if it was ALIVE, someone would at least TRY to make a pair of shoes from it. Church's was great, but the U.S. makers were MASTERS of creating shoes out of exotics with legs, gills, feathers, claws, fins, scales, beaks, ANYTHING that was alive was fair game.

I once saw a pair of Peccary wingtips from C&J that were beautiful. A light to medium tan. As solidly made as any C&J I'd seen. If they had been 1 full size smaller, I'd take some pics tomorrow to post.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
...I usually don't handle Italian shoes.

Flyfishark, my friend, I LOVE Italian shoes. If you can't go TRUE VINTAGE, you can go "Rustic" with the Italians. The best are Hand-made, Extremely Solid, and evoke a "country" feel, with the typical Italian "indulgences". The "antiquing" of the leather is a favorite of mine, but it's the STITCHING (all fully functional) I love the most

Bettanin & Venturi Norvegese Captoe Brogue:

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Flyfishark, my friend, I LOVE Italian shoes. If you can't go TRUE VINTAGE, you can go "Rustic" with the Italians. The best are Hand-made, Extremely Solid, and evoke a "country" feel, with the typical Italian "indulgences". The "antiquing" of the leather is a favorite of mine, but it's the STITCHING (all fully functional) I love the most

Bettanin & Venturi Norvegese Captoe Brogue:

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

That's a beautiful shoe! The Italian I'm familiar with is all looks and no substance. Me, I stick with vintage American--at least I know a little about that. Damn, the more I look at that shoe the more I like it!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
WHERE do find all these skins? Hornback lizard, antelope, the cap from a water polo player...I gotta have you followed!

I simply have watched Sleeping Beauty like 500 times with my kids by now. I go deep into the woods, whistle a tune, and all the critters come running. Works like a charm.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Issh and Fly, I can wear a 12 or 13. If you happen across any shoes like the incredible examples you've been posting and think they might need a good home, I have extra trees, bags, and saphir renovateur to welcome them. Please pm me if you find anything. :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I sourced these for a friend here in the architecture studio. They need less ugly laces than what I got them with, but that's up to him.

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Issh and Fly, I can wear a 12 or 13. If you happen across any shoes like the incredible examples you've been posting and think they might need a good home, I have extra trees, bags, and saphir renovateur to welcome them. Please pm me if you find anything. :)

Lefty...I'm a babe in the woods (oops, bad metaphor after Issh's Sleeping Beauty thing) compared to Issh, but I'll presume to speak for Dr. Doolittle and tell you we'll keep you in mind if we come across any barges--I mean real man-size shoes.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I can wear a 12 or 13.
Have you ever noticed when shoe shopping that the sharp size 8 model on display sometimes looks quite different (and not in a good way) than the same model in size 12/13 that is brought out for the try on? :(

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Yes. The proportions are not always scaled-up well.
What bothers me is the way that my clown feet, coupled with my skinny frame, can make a nice pair of shoes look terrible. Sometimes, the right length and width pant leg can help. Other times, they're just nice doorstops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen