Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Perhaps I should search more carefully. In general, it seems that larger shoes tend to lose their proportion. What looks great in a 9 or 10 looks cartoonish in a 14. i know this isn't always true, but "the stretch" rarely works in shoe design.

Although I don't have your problem (I'm around an 8 1/2), I can certainly sympathize. Apparently, as feet get larger, they tend to grow longer to a greater proportion than they grow wide. The result is that many larger shoes look long & thin.

I saw these AE sharkskins in 13

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Sha...4358201?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53e894e739

I know they're an A width, but still...

foggy16

New in Town
I know that the whole Ed Hardy thing isnt alot of your styles but was very happy with how these turned out. Plus it was just a mean pair of boots to begin with

Picture4075.jpg

foggy16

New in Town
Ed Hardy was a tattoo artist, that started custom painting on things including shoes. Now it is all prints, he has his own shoe line and you can see his tattoo art just about everywhere you go, cigarette lighter, caps, shirts.

This is an 80's pair Raichle hiking boots that my wife hand painted.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just a little teaser before I put these in the classifieds.......

1950's dark brown suede shoes by "The Worthmore Shoe". Check out the double stitched soles.

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Just a little teaser before I put these in the classifieds.......

1950's dark brown suede shoes by "The Worthmore Shoe". Check out the double stitched soles.

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

SERIOUSLY cool shoes! What a great NOS find. Suede seems to age much better than calf in terms of avoiding dryness, it seems.

By the way, was Worthmore associated with Florsheim, or were Copyright Laws much more lax back then. That Worthmore insignia looks VERY similar to the Florsheim from the same era.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, they're not quite NOS. They look like they may have been worn once or twice.
When you Google search Worthmore it does seem that they were indeed made by Florsheim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay