Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
Here, more specifically. They seem to sell out fast, when they are in stock. I just got lucky one day. ^_^ They also have some similar full-leather brogues that I my aim for next.

Found this thread yesterday and I was amazed this shoe is still in stock with size 12. Pulled the trigger this morning so my pair will be coming in the mail in a couple weeks. Thanks for sharing the link.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Picked these up today at the thrift shop.

Apparently Foot-So-Port is still around.

P1130221.jpg

P1130222.jpg

P1130225.jpg

P1130224.jpg

Older NOS is good ...a few Mad men type suits and you're good to go to 77 Sunset Strip.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Here's my longwing collection, still l feel very depressed about it all because l could have easily snagged another two pairs of the NOS v cleats in pebblegrain tan and burgundy shell cordovan in exactly my size. l'm absolutely kicking myself for not buying them, it hurts...reeeely bad.

The bandaid coloured shoo is the best colour i've ever seen. AMAZING!!!

Mylongwingcollection.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Some thrift shop pick-ups.
White canadian navy shoes. They had a whole bunch of pairs of the black version of these, as well, but somehow they just look better in white.

P1130359.jpg

P1130360.jpg

P1130361.jpg

P1130362.jpg

P1130363.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A pair of Hartt shoes that look like they've hardly been worn, despite some scuffs of the color on the toes. I need to polish them up, and then they should be good as new. Newer than the other pairs, but i don't know exactly how old. Certainly a conservatively designed shoe.

Hartt was made in New Brunswick and went out of business in 1999. They were the official maker of RCMP boots, apparently.
P1130364.jpg

P1130365.jpg

P1130366.jpg

P1130368.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Wright Arch Preserver "breather"

Nice wingtip design.
P1130369.jpg

Original laces.
P1130370.jpg

P1130371.jpg

Nice waist to the soles.
P1130372.jpg

Next to no wear on the original heels.
P1130373.jpg

Broguing goes all the way through, providing the "breather" ventilation.
P1130374.jpg

Love the font.
P1130375.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
And on the less elegant side of the spectrum-

Also picked up a pair of '80s canadian army boots. Nine eyelet ankle boot style. Leather soles originally, but it looks like someone just had enormous vibram lug soles put on over the leather ones, so they're about a mile high and rugged as anything. They're also very narrow, which is perfect for my long skinny feet.

The soles (and the shoes themselves for that matter) were spotless and all the rubber brand new looking when I got them. Been wearing them around in the snow, so they're a bit dirty.

Should tide me over until I get the soles redone on my bean boots.
P1130384.jpg

P1130383.jpg

P1130386.jpg

P1130387.jpg

Last edited:

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
yea! Great stuff dinerman! Must be nice to have normal sized feet, I have a heck of a time finding stuff anywhere in my size! Try finding 5 1/2 wide used! I usually settle for 6 1/2 if I find 'em and tromp around like a clown!!! But I'm too much of a skinflint to buy new or custom fit new!

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
revision to above comment, looked down at my feet and it seems I'm willing to settle for a size 7 1/2!! Too funny!!
Thanks for the ebay idea, don't know why that didnt' occur to me before!

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I made the mistake of going to Nordstrom Rack today...$110 later I walked out with not only a while, French-cuffed shirt, but (finally) a pair of black wingtip shoes. Nothing particularly extravagant, just Florsheims. They did have a few pairs of AE's, but even at Rack they still cost too much for my budget, plus they're always too narrow, and wides are hard to find.

DSC00954-1.jpg

DSC00956-2.jpg

DSC00958-3.jpg

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Not vintage, but I got a really good deal on a pair of Mephistos which look a lot like the crepe-soled casual shoes in 1940s catalogs:
IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

The leather is corrected-grain, but very high-quality, as are all the finishing details. Nice, made-in-France shoes!

redtag

Banned
That pair of shoes looks really pleasing to me, Hexenmeister. I do not usually buy clothes and I buy only at times when I need them. Looking at the shoes here makes me want to go out now and buy a few pairs of my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner