Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Another thrift shop find.

Interesting old pair of florsheims. The wingtip is stitched on, instead of being a separate overlay. Nice texture to the leather, as well. They need a polish and shoe trees- haven't gotten around to cleaning them up yet.
P1150170.jpg

P1150171.jpg

P1150173.jpg

P1150174.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Nice wingtips gunshot. The dinnerman has nice ones too.

Lots of people posting wingtips in the last few pages. l'll have another pair coming soon too. Woot.

tnmc

New in Town
I bought a new pair of shoes from Charles Tyrwhitt yesterday, olive full brogues:

P1000808.JPG

Closeup:

P1000812.JPG

I wore them on the day of purchase and they were as comfortable as if I'd been wearing them for years!

According to their website the shoes are 100% Calf Leather, but they have a satiny kind of sheen rather than a buffed polish. What kind of cream/polish would any of you recommend for care of these shoes?

Bopped into a local vintage store today and scored these babes here ...

IMGP2315.jpg

IMGP2316.jpg

I ain't all that up on shoes, but these seemed like good 'uns. And I recall hearing the brand name -- Crosby Square -- mentioned favorably. So I used 28 bucks worth of store credit (I've brought them various vintage pieces I've found at thrift shops and such) and took 'em home with me.

They're in unworn condition. Judging from the style and the logo and all, I'm guessing they're '60s vintage? And, at size 11D, they're close enough to my size.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I bought a new pair of shoes from Charles Tyrwhitt yesterday, olive full brogues:

P1000808.JPG

Closeup:

P1000812.JPG

I wore them on the day of purchase and they were as comfortable as if I'd been wearing them for years!

According to their website the shoes are 100% Calf Leather, but they have a satiny kind of sheen rather than a buffed polish. What kind of cream/polish would any of you recommend for care of these shoes?

They don't get polished... they are nubuck. suede. They need a brush and occasional shampoo.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think I can date these pretty conclusively to 1965 from a Jarman ad advertising "The Curtis 3 eyelet closed seam midlow moccasin blucher in hickory brown or black".

KGrHqYOKkQE1r4Vh1gFBNeESfzrNg_12.jpg

KGrHqYOKjQE1y9EDs0BNeESnPqbg_12.jpg

KGrHqYOKioE0sKbl8PBNeESJD62Q_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKo4E1rejpCDYBNeESQBJI_12.jpg

KGrHqIOKpsE1q184bNBNeER5bkGw_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKjcE0rl-roBNeERyNYCQ_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKiEE1zSJSD9VBNeESYKdg_12.jpg

Looks like they liked a bit of flash in their soles.
RLK's
HPG's

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner