Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Flanderian

Practically Family
View attachment 339971

Got these beauties arriving soon and unlike Flanderian, these are my first pair of loafers...I've always fancied a pair but always shyed away. Looking forward to wearing them!

Great pair of pennies! Loake still make a fine shoe. Too bad they prohibit their UK retailers from selling mail order in the U.S. This is a handsome last, IMHO. Some gents experience a bit of heel slippage when wearing loafers particularly as they're breaking in. If so, a stick-on tongue pad simply and inexpensively tends to correct the problem.

Flanderian

Practically Family
View attachment 339971

Got these beauties arriving soon and unlike Flanderian, these are my first pair of loafers...I've always fancied a pair but always shyed away. Looking forward to wearing them!

Great pair of loafers! Loake still makes a nice pair of shoes. Pity they prohibit their UK retailers from selling mail order in the U.S. A very handsome last, IMHO. Some wearers of loafers may experience some heel slippage, particularly while they're breaking in. If so, a stick-on tongue pad usually solves the problem inexpensively and effectively.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
And some new ones in the works…

Check out the stitching View attachment 339749

WOW! Your new shoes under construction have quite the broguing and stitching. They have a very shapely arch and vamp. Lovely. I imagine they are under going sole and side efforts as evidenced by the shrink wrap on the uppers. Very intriguing post. I can not wait for the reveal.

I see you are finding opportunities to wear your gorgeous brown and ivory suede spectators. They are a pair of the sharpest modern specs I have seen. Quite the eye catcher. I bet they garner lots of attention.

For the viewing folks I have included a link below to the post on Style Forum Bespoke Shoes of Daizawaguy 's spectators. Do follow the link and check out these beauties and of course the intricate custom shoetrees.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/japanese-shoes-bespoke-rtw-super-thread.343005/post-10734082

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some black, leather soled tassel loafers to arrive soon...:)

3087-negro-suela.jpg

Here we go...

full

full

Turnip

Hi Eric,

these are from Lottusse, a Spanish manufacturer located on Mallorca, a Balearic island in the Mediterranean Sea.

The shown model is number L3087.

They call the construction „Goodblake“ what let it appear to be a method combining Goodyear and Blake or somewhere between.

Their shoes are all made in Europe, Mr. Bezos sells them in wide range at moderate costs, what they are totally worth in my opinion.

You spotted right, there’s roughened, though butter soft leather lining at the rear / heel quarter of the shoe what makes it a bit less slippery, giving a little more grip for the heel.

I like them a lot, such as the Derby and the Oxford pair I got from them. In respect of the shown slippers I especially like the looks of the comparably thick sole and proportions of the whole construction to be more on the stabile side because I’m a bit less kind of a dainty fawn...;)

The width (about „G“) and other dimensions fit me very well, very comfortable shoes for me.

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:

Flanderian

Practically Family
My last acquisition was a pair of house brand tassel loafers from UK retailer Herring. They offer this model in 7 different cow derived hides, plus crup/cordovan. They are modestly priced, but I ended up with a lot more shoe than I expected. I wanted a brown suede pair. They are fully leather lined and Goodyear welted. Also having the suede heel lining discussed above. They are immaculately made and a very solid build. The model is named the Barcelona II. It lists Spanish manufacture, and while I believe there is at least one maker extant in Barcelona, I suspect it too is a product of Mallorca.

HB2a.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hi Eric,

these are from Lottusse, a Spanish manufacturer located on Mallorca, a Balearic island in the Mediterranean Sea.

The shown model is number L3087.

They call the construction „Goodblake“ what let it appear to be a method combining Goodyear and Blake or somewhere between.

Their shoes are all made in Europe, Mr. Bezos sells them in wide range at moderate costs, what they are totally worth in my opinion.

You spotted right, there’s roughened, though butter soft leather lining at the rear / heel quarter of the shoe what makes it a bit less slippery, giving a little more grip for the heel.

I like them a lot, such as the Derby and the Oxford pair I got from them. In respect of the shown slippers I especially like the looks of the comparably thick sole and proportions of the whole construction to be more on the stabile side because I’m a bit less kind of a dainty fawn...;)

The width (about „G“) and other dimensions fit me very well, very comfortable shoes for me.

Cheers

Turnip

Thanks Turnip for the details of your shoes and their maker. It is not a brand and shoe that I was familiar with. Good to learn of other makers.

My last acquisition was a pair of house brand tassel loafers from UK retailer Herring. They offer this model in 7 different cow derived hides, plus crup/cordovan. They are modestly priced, but I ended up with a lot more shoe than I expected. I wanted a brown suede pair. They are fully leather lined and Goodyear welted. Also having the suede heel lining discussed above. They are immaculately made and a very solid build. The model is named the Barcelona II. It lists Spanish manufacture, and while I believe there is at least one maker extant in Barcelona, I suspect it too is a product of Mallorca.

Congrats on the new tassel loafers. Appears to be the season for new tassel loafers. Herring is a name I have not seen before and I have followed leads on various internet sites/links and read a bit about them this afternoon. I am more edified this afternoon.

Cheers to tassel loafers, Eric -

Flanderian

Practically Family
Thanks Turnip for the details of your shoes and their maker. It is not a brand and shoe that I was familiar with. Good to learn of other makers.

Congrats on the new tassel loafers. Appears to be the season for new tassel loafers. Herring is a name I have not seen before and I have followed leads on various internet sites/links and read a bit about them this afternoon. I am more edified this afternoon.

rr

Herring has provided the best customer service of any on-line European retailer with which I've dealt. They ship via DHL Express, and I've literally received orders within a day or two of ordering them on-line.

I've also been pleased with the quality of the shoes they sell, and find that within their private label line very good value can be found. They once sold almost exclusively UK made footwear, but in response to a desire for lower cost goods have added others. From my experience, the English, Iberian and Italian footwear are all of fine to superior quality. The others I can not speak to.

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring

Harris HTM

One Too Many
rr

Herring has provided the best customer service of any on-line European retailer with which I've dealt. They ship via DHL Express, and I've literally received orders within a day or two of ordering them on-line.

I've also been pleased with the quality of the shoes they sell, and find that within their private label line very good value can be found. They once sold almost exclusively UK made footwear, but in response to a desire for lower cost goods have added others. From my experience, the English, Iberian and Italian footwear are all of fine to superior quality. The others I can not speak to.

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring
Yes, I've also shopped a couple of times from Herring and they are top notch. They put some excellent sales as well.
I've bought different brands from them, their private label among them. My pair is a UK-made (made by Barker), essentially a Barker brogue. I also own two of their bags, pretty satisfied with them as well (if I remember well these are made in India).

Turnip

Just arrived, Aigle Tarmac. Stitched through caoutchouc soles. Very, very comfortable full leather lined no fuss mocs for no fuss money, made in Portugal.

full

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Quite wise Benny, I made the costly error of buying a Stetson Sovereign Fedora from the US. It wasn't cheap, but it was good value. However, the cost of international carriage, UK carriage, import duty and anything else that the tax authorities can dream up made it eye wateringly expensive.

Have you tried Googling, "Men's Two Tone Shoes?" When I did that I found some surprising results.

Benny Holiday

Yep, Google searches often uncover a variety of interesting items! I did come across Undandy that way. I've still yet to order something from them, but would like to give them a try some time. My budget is reduced with the two kids in school and reduced income thanks to the virus but I haven't given up yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff