Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Eric, how shoe styles of the era are so exquisite, I love them.

Thanks sir. Things being as they are, I do not wear vintage everyday.

Today I wore a pair of modern Alden black cordovan short wings. Why? I chose these as I had casual clothes, a meeting, longer walk to the meeting and I had to move a bunch of boxes later. Love my vintage, but not everyday. Tomorrow....we shall see what develops.

i-cgJ7PbS-M.jpg

i-RSXNtzj-M.jpg

Jeans, specifically I heard my jeans described as Dad jeans today, were my "work" slacks today. No worries.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
They look crazy cool Jack. I know nothing about Robert Graham Italian boots and will use some google searches tonight. Congrats on the new boots. They look like they should be fun to wear.

Cheers, Eric -
For about the last yr+ I’ve had a pair of cheaper Mark Nason designs I wear a lot, & the brogue style reminds me of the mens dress boots of the 1920’s - 1930’s. I get a lot of comments on these. The rough out leather is actually dark green camo but its just the contrast that stands out to most people.

8EB2D5E7-CA2F-4FAF-9ED9-0D9888C28490.jpeg

Not sure if wingtips go back that far in dress boots but the style & particularly the Robert Graham’s with the hair on remind me of the Western dress fedoras of the era I like so much; for going to town. My grandfather still wore the style, mostly cap toes when I was growing up.

I like the black boots Jack. The short wing, perf toe is right up my alley.

When I last looked at the Daltons I recall them being weatherproof and havng a Danite sole. That combo sounds like a good wearing "dress" boot.

Cheers, Eric -
These have leather soles. I wonder about the Danite on wet & icy surfaces? They remind me of turf soles without the cleats. You can also get the Dalton with lugs which would probably be my choice.

A392A726-0158-4ED5-AA9C-F2E793BFA1F4.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
These have leather soles. I wonder about the Danite on wet & icy surfaces? They remind me of turf soles without the cleats. You can also get the Dalton with lugs which would probably be my choice.

View attachment 466035

Danite would not be my choice. I found them stiff, transferring the shock of walking to my shins and slippery. For my uses in Minnesota that sole is a no go.

Yesterday I was out and about in my AE Sutton Hill boots. They were my foray into a Town and Country boot. Since the Covid shutdown I have gotten a lot of wears in them. There is a lot to like about these boots.

i-Xp4hMGT-M.jpg

i-CpQDSjM-M.jpg

View attachment 466755
My new spectators arrived this morning, it's been a long wait. I was measured
for them back in August. All I need now is a good gig to wear them to.

Congrats on a new shoe day! I can not wait to see what outfit you and your wife have conjured up to wear with your new spectators.

Cheers, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Danite would not be my choice. I found them stiff, transferring the shock of walking to my shins and slippery. For my uses in Minnesota that sole is a no go.

Yesterday I was out and about in my AE Sutton Hill boots. They were my foray into a Town and Country boot. Since the Covid shutdown I have gotten a lot of wears in them. There is a lot to like about these boots.

i-Xp4hMGT-M.jpg

i-CpQDSjM-M.jpg

Congrats on a new shoe day! I can not wait to see what outfit you and your wife have conjured up to wear with your new spectators.

Cheers, Eric -
You're such a flatterer Eric, but always a tongue in cheek tease. Thanks for the compliment, and watch this space.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Main D’Ors

Thanks for sharing your Japanese bespoke shoes. They have a sculptural beauty that is very capturing. The details of stitch, the vamp and toe are so very precise and artistic. The fudging, that continues to the heel, is well done. Just exquisite!

Thanks for sharing. I do enjoy seeing your bespoke shoes. I admire that you gently wear them.

Cheers, Eric -

Edward

Bartender
Thanks sir. Things being as they are, I do not wear vintage everyday.

Today I wore a pair of modern Alden black cordovan short wings. Why? I chose these as I had casual clothes, a meeting, longer walk to the meeting and I had to move a bunch of boxes later. Love my vintage, but not everyday. Tomorrow....we shall see what develops.

i-cgJ7PbS-M.jpg

i-RSXNtzj-M.jpg

Jeans, specifically I heard my jeans described as Dad jeans today, were my "work" slacks today. No worries.

Cheers, Eric -

Many years ago, in my late teens, I used to wear black wingtip brogues for best. These days I don't have any in black in shoe form - though a couple of pairs of high-top, black brogue boot versions. These look great. I find them such a wonderful casual shoe - I really should look at getting another pair. I love wearing a decent pair of leather shoes just in this casual way the way I once would have worn trainers.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Many years ago, in my late teens, I used to wear black wingtip brogues for best. These days I don't have any in black in shoe form - though a couple of pairs of high-top, black brogue boot versions. These look great. I find them such a wonderful casual shoe - I really should look at getting another pair. I love wearing a decent pair of leather shoes just in this casual way the way I once would have worn trainers.
Shame on me Edward, I do keep a pair of sombre black shoes in my wardrobe. At my age it's the date that the grim reaper keeps in his diary. Two tone shoes at a funeral is about as akin to wearing a zoot suit, so protocol being what it is, the sombre shoes are dusted off every time that said grim reaper puts in an appearance and my missus and I, attend yet another funeral, that's not our's.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very very nice, Robert! How many blue and white spectators do actually you have? That's one color I do not have.

Good question posed? I am curious what attire parings do you consider excellent when wearing the blue and white specs?

Blue and white is a hard combo for me to wear. I have worn my Edward Meir spectators in blue and cream more often with khaki or jeans than dress slacks.

i-8NBKbqM-M.jpg

i-4mVXxJ9-M.jpg

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ