Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
crazydaisy said:
Nope, haven't got one.

I've got one.

kobal_thief460.jpg

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
speaking of shoes, do any of you own Madison boots ? I like their look, and i see originals that are identical or similar kicking around antique shops all the time, but they are far too small, i like ankle boots better than standard shoes, anyone own the ones made by stacy adams, or any other good repops ?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Understated elegance! that's what we have here, interesting lace up in basic black
3581300320_e3104d009c.jpg

Wore these on the Art Deco Walking Tour, today with grey pants, black sweater, burgundy, cravat, and a Hammer & Sickle badge in red rhinestones,( which would have Stalin literally Spinning in his crypt) they took a photograph for the next newsletter

Thanks Generous Benefactor

"Hibiscus" cocktail with gold leaf

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Shooman said:
l still find the nicest/sexiest ladies shoo to be open toed shoos. lf a girl has a nice foot, she must show it.
:eusa_clap And ideally, both of 'em.

Not that we're putting the bite on crazydaisy for pictures of herself barefoot or anything.
Altho that slippers in hand pic certainly gives a fella ideas. :whistling

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Picked these up the other day, my first pair of vintage shoes. Size 13, pretty narrow. Too narrow for my feet.
vintageshoes001.jpg

vintageshoes002.jpg

vintageshoes003.jpg

The guy also had a great pair of vintage slip-on spectators made of turtle leather. But at size 9 and $50 they were a bit too rich for me, didn't have the money. Oh, I should have gone for them, they were beautiful.

Bugsy

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Picked these up the other day, my first pair of vintage shoes. Size 13, pretty narrow. Too narrow for my feet.
vintageshoes001.jpg

vintageshoes002.jpg

vintageshoes003.jpg

The guy also had a great pair of vintage slip-on spectators made of turtle leather. But at size 9 and $50 they were a bit too rich for me, didn't have the money. Oh, I should have gone for them, they were beautiful.

Am I reading that correctly?? 13 A!! It would be like walking on ice skates. What are you going to do with these, Thunder?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I know they're too narrow for you, Thunder, but if they're a regular/medium/D, I'll that's my size and I'd be happy to work out a purchase or trade.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I know they're too narrow for you, Thunder, but if they're a regular/medium/D, I'll that's my size and I'd be happy to work out a purchase or trade.

A is fairly narrow but stretching may be an option.

Sometimes bigger vintage sizes will accomodate smaller normal sizes including those who have wider widths. I have a pair of 13AA Croc Nettletons which fit my 11D/E feet quite well because they have a split toe last. The inside measurements are the key.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Fletch said:
As do I. To me they're a good 30s-40s country shoe...er, shoo. Sort of a brogued brogan.

brogue = a shoo with perforated designs, aka broguing.
brogan = a sturdy, roomy, thick-soled shoo, originally ankle-high.

Thankyou for the wonderful comments. Not many people seem to like my shoos, so i'm happy to hear some people actually do. :) l love the quaint styling of the KISS shoos, really old fashioned (my other pair is even more old fashioned).

l wish l had a pair of NOS vintage Nettleton pebblegrain longwings, that would be simply amazing!!!

Kevinkinney

New in Town
Hello All,

First post- right to my favorites:

tfl1.jpg

A nice mix of Mezlan, Bass, Cole Hahn, Dexter, Born, Allen Edmonds, Justin, and my prized Sullivan's (center). I'm hampered by having 9.5EE feet, so I grab what I can when it fits.

Cheers,

Kevin

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Kevinkinney said:
Hello All,

tfl1.jpg

A nice mix of Mezlan, Bass, Cole Hahn, Dexter, Born, Allen Edmonds, Justin, and my prized Sullivan's (center). I'm hampered by having 9.5EE feet, so I grab what I can when it fits.

Cheers,

Kevin

A couple of shoe trees off eBay would help those shoes.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Kevinkinney said:
Hello All,

Cheers,

Kevin

Wow wee, some nice stuff Kevin. Thanks for posting mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara