Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
A pair of Church's full wing tip monkstraps won on ebay last evening.
210999659_tp.jpg
210999775_tp.jpg
211000587_tp.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Shoe obbsession

Is your interest in shoes becoming a problem? , some unscruplous Plastic surgeons, and dodgy shoe vendors, hoping to sell two pairs, are cashing in on this trend offering to make you a tri-pied. please know that there is help out there please call 1300 1300 1300, for counselling , I'm sorry but I'm hopping mad on this issue!

JakeThePeg.JPG

"Hi my names Jake having an extra leg has made a whole new world of shoe shopping available to me, im delighted with the result, thank-you Dr Stien "

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Johnston and Murphy Handmades

These are also a new purchase - J&M Handmades...finest shoes ever made in America...

Black Perforated Captoe. Size 10.5E
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
probably 20% greater accuracy, but with 100% less charm
(but I can't afford that kind of charm anyway)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cookie said:
Lodger Shoes - New Technology Bespoke Shoes
Well, the tech ain't really new and they ain't quite bespoke. ;) Lodger does MTM (matching measurements to an existing last) where Otaba (which has been around for a few years) does bespoke (using measurements to cut a last). Funny how both founders have Nike on their resume.

Yes, i've never quite understood how matching measurements to an existing last or pattern or whatever could possibly be described as "bespoke". How many lasts do we truly believe these people have on file or intheir workshops? I dobt they have many. They just have the standard ones. You know: The ones every one else uses for standard foot dimensions.

Now we reap the rewards of the Savile Row tailor's union losing that court case last year … :rolleyes: [huh]

Like, whatever, dude, bespoke doesn't really mean anything anyway. Thai tailors with entirely online presence are like so totally bespoke. I spoke to them, didn't I?

bk

armod

Familiar Face
my deck shoes

not sure of their exact vintage. but they're definitely old and those eyelets and laces are original, rusted and broken :p

I was tempted to re lace them with some of our light air spinnaker sheet lines (3mm spectra with a 298Kg breaking strain), but I opted to keep them until they became impossible to tie.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Lodger-related scepticism

I can understand the general mood of scepticism, especially concerning spiffy new business models in menswear. But I'd like to know how the shoes fit before damning Lodger and consigning them to the bin. I'm more interested in the construction and detailing than in preconceptions about attempts at rebranding MTM as bespoke. I think we all know the difference.

If they're taking detailed measurements to match people's feet to the most suitable last available from the various manufacturers they work with, that may be a service worth paying for.

I've odd-shaped feet and I've spent a lot of time visiting various retailers trying to find shoes and boots that fit me. I've tried shoes from every well known brand/maker within my budget. But I haven't tried them all: life's too short to spend all my time looking.

I'm going to look into Lodger. I'll report back.

Edit: Until I can find time to investigate, here's a link to the latest post on Permanent Style, in which Lodger's service is described pretty much as I understood it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic