Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
kschurch said:
Hey Shoo,

I have the same pair up for auction now on eBay. Size 10.5 A. In fact I have two pairs listed, one black and one in the chestnut color.

Any luck with the size?

Sorry to take so long to respond. l would be a U.S size 8 in Florshiem lmperial.

Mary

Practically Family
marineabilly said:
My weakness...

2.jpg

1.jpg

Can't stop smiling!! What do you wear them with? I've never seen anything like them. So bright!

Mary

Practically Family
I wrote to you some months ago and got some responses. I've looked on ebay as you recommended but I still want to learn a lot more. So I'll post some questions again to see if you have some answers. ;)

I want men's 30's style shoes. Where can I learn more about them?

I've read the Vass book, are there any more books from other shoemakes?

When I look at your shoes I like some shapes better than others. Does the shoemaking companies have the copyright on the shape? The Vass' ones look kind of wide and not so elegant. I'm guessing the cobbler in Malmo only has a standard shape and I want shoes that are narrow and 30's style.

Which shoemakercompanies has 30's style shoes like the ones Marc Chavalier posted at the top?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I have no vintage shoes and my collection is not wildly spectacular, but I enjoy them immensely.

Murhpy, made in Italy. Thrift find.
001-21.jpg

Bostonian, thrift find.
002-21.jpg

Botany 500, had these for 5 years and they've held up very well.
003-16.jpg

Florsheim, just got them and like 'em alright. Leather is a bit thin and stiff, though.
004-13.jpg

"G%#$@*% Florsheim shoe!" :p

Nunn Bush. Not my favorite.
005-11.jpg

Nunn Bush again. I prefer these much more. Thrift find.
006-17.jpg

Allen Edmond. Thrift find.
007-11.jpg

Stacy Adams, thrift find. Soles are in desperate need of replacement.
008-10.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Mary said:
Thanks for the tip! I'll definetly look them up. What do you others think? Is Stacy Adams, the company that makes the best 30's lookalike shoes?

M
I would agree that Stacy Adams has more overall variety of 30s styled shoes than other companies. Most companies make captoes, wingtips, etc. SA has more options in terms of color, style, mixing patterns (smooth and grained leathers).

If you are looking for a solid color shoe you can find a better quality shoes than Stacy Adams for the money. If you want a correspondent/spectator shoe, Allen Edmonds is a good bet. There are plenty of seconds to be found at affordable prices.

Diamonds721

New in Town
Shoes (Speaking of...)

Hello to all, New to Fedora Lounge and Love it Already! I have a pair of Allen Edmonds - Henry Grethel Design Spectators on the Bay Currently if Anyone is Interested. I recently had a pair of Vintage Nettleton Loafers That fit like a cloud anyone out there ever seen a Really Old Pair around? 1920 ish...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Welcome but a bad start selling those Olympic NOS Spectators....spectators = Love on the FL ...:p :p :D. You have hidden them in a bad listing by the way. They should have been listed under spectators or Broadstreets or two tone shoes to grab maximum interest.

Diamonds721

New in Town
Thanks!!!

Thanks for the tip!!! I will definetely keep your tip in mind - I am always open to improve getting shoes to the right home. There is no way I would of sold these Spectators, by the way, if I could get my feet into them. I wear a 12.5 and these are a size 9.5 B - I have looked at thousands of shoes over the past year and this is the first pair of Spectators I have ever found - They are really a superb design and workmanship is A+. Diamonds

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fosters 1940s Wingtips

Reposted here in correct thread.

These are on the way from the USA but are made by the venerable firm of Fosters and Son which of course is still a premium bespoke shoe maker in Blighty.

Diamonds721

New in Town
Bruno Magli Brandy Loafers

Here is a photo of the Bruno Magli I just found...after much research the closest I can find is Bruno Magli Ruler Whiskey Calf/Brandy Deer... any ideas????
th_BrunoMagli033.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
UK Lotus 1940s Captoes

Someone must have worn their shoes of a Sunday or three times a year when you see the glassy intact shine and how little wear is on these ones I just bought. The original scarfed sole is still unworn.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
They are a pair I made. The style is called a whole cut as the upper is made of one piece. The leather is veg tanned calf. They are browner then the photo indicates.
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran