Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Stingy Brims

quikrick

One Too Many
Rk0YRvB.jpg

I've been hanging around in the back ground here. This is my first post.
I love my stingy brims and my Pork Pies. This is an old Cavanagh "Blue Onyx" really really dark. Depending on the light, sometimes it looks dark navy and sometimes it looks dark grey. I got this with a standard center crease and side pinches. Bashed it myself into a tear drop Pork Pie. Love this baby!

I've been hanging around in the back ground here. This is my first post.
I love my stingy brims and my Pork Pies. This is an old Cavanagh "Blue Onyx" really really dark. Depending on the light, sometimes it looks dark navy and sometimes it looks dark grey. I got this with a standard center crease and side pinches. Bashed it myself into a tear drop Pork Pie. Love this baby!
Nice! Is it the same hat (with it's original crease) you're wearing in your avatar photo?

And welcome to The Lounge!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got plenty of stingies. I like my brims around 2 1/8 to 1/4 inches, but 2 is probably my most common brim width in my collection.
I used to be obsessed with 30s/40s fashion, (I guess I still am) but lately I've been all over late 50s/early 60s. Might have something to do with trying to find a style that better suits my current mop top...
Anyhoo, I'm at work, definitely breaking some rules by browsing the lounge. I'll see if I can't get a few pictures of my stingies when I'm home.
What size are you?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I studied in Heidelberg. Great town. A bit expensive but well worth it!

Great shot - the house (mansion) I lived in while studying is just out of view to your right across the river.

The hat looks great, too, btw :)
Thanks :) The wife has relatives living in Germany so we always have a mini holiday there. This year it was Christmas in Baden Baden.
I love these old villages, towns and cities around Germany. Yes some places are expensive but then what city's aren't, they are all tourist traps. I do love the way the Germans have rebuilt a lot of places in the old style after war damage and the same can be said of a lot of continental Europe. One thing I thought messy was the practice of putting padlocks on historical buildings and structures such as the Heidelburg bridge GRRRRRR. I would like to cut them off and cash in the value of the scrap metal haha.
The hat is a favourite, hoping to wear it to Octoberfest when I eventually make it there.

Newest Stingy in the stable (I seem to have quite a few...) Stetson Royal De Luxe back bow with a pork pie crown. The brim is right on the "stingy" edge at 2". This hat is very high quality for the era, which is probably late 1950s. Key hole size tag and maple leaf in Stetson crest. The felt is very supple with a factory pork pie/telescope crease. It also has one of the lower crowns in my collection at 4". Super nice hand and good quality sweat.

12Apr18 Stetson Porker Back Bow Fr 500x.jpg
12Apr18 Setson Pork pie back bow 550x.jpg
12Apr18 Setson Pork pie back bow Sweat 550x.jpg
12Apr18 Stetson Back Bow side 550x.jpg
12Apr18 Setson Pork pie back bow liner 550x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner