Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

SteveS

New in Town
New Suit, well new to me

Hi all,

New member here and have to say that that this is a great site!! I've always loved the look of the golden era and recently made a commitment to step up my wardrobe a bit to a more classic style and get away from the jean look.

Anyway, regarding pics of suits, I found this DB suit at a thrift store for $12! The trift store has become my new hang out on Saturday mornings, I found a nice blazer there this past Saturday! The color of the suit in the picture is a little deceiving, it's actually a warm grey as opposed to the cool grey that it looks like.

Regards,
Steve

GreyDoubleBreasted.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Because it's the right thing to do.

jamespowers said:
Well, probably for the opposite reason you might think. I meant passe as in like it hasn't been for the past 40-50 years. ;) :p You came to that conclusion a little late. :D I just hope it stays that way. What is the point of wearing a fedora or pork pie if everyone else does? ;)

Shade. To keep one's head warm. Hair control. Disguise. To hold business cards and receipts. A repository for cash. So you have something to compare with your friends. Photo Op. The answers are myriad. :)

carter said:
Shade. To keep one's head warm. Hair control. Disguise. To hold business cards and receipts. A repository for cash. So you have something to compare with your friends. Photo Op. The answers are myriad. :)

I meant, I don't want to be like everyone else. If everyone was wearing fedoras etc again, I would have to have more custom made so it would be obviously different. It would cost me more money to use a hat for all of those things you mentioned. :eusa_doh: ;) :p

benstephens

Practically Family
Wooster said:
Thank you, I'm very contented with the suit.
Has anyone got an idea on the age of it? 30's or 40's?

It is hard to say. Could be 1946 onwards, but perhaps late 1930s. It is very hard to tell from pictures.

It is a really lovely suit, as I keep saying!

Kindest Regards

Ben

Jerekson

One Too Many
I like it, Steve. I'm not usually such a fan of the 1-button DB, but that one looks really good on you!

I love the tie as well, I need one like that.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
The Kaufmann's suit I showed earlier. Expect more pics when I wear it again on Sunday.

Cold and wet today, time to break out the tweed.
me069.jpg

me070.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace