Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
I take this back. It can be made to fit me, but only with extreme alterations. I'm about half way there right now.

That's great news! I'm really glad you could save this fine suit. Can't wait to see the pics when you're done.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
I agree, and I originally meant to sell it. But after seeing how well the jacket fits and how oddly proportioned the trousers are (34x27) I've decided to keep it. I doubt I could get a decent price for it anyways with such odd trousers paired with a 38/39R jacket.

Much as I hate to admit it, that is exactly my size now. I used to be a smaller waist. That suit would likely be a perfect fit. too bad you already had the alterations done or I would offer to trade something similar for it.

Still might be interested. The jacket seems a little short. if you decide it is not a good fit, let me know.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
reetpleat said:
Much as I hate to admit it, that is exactly my size now. I used to be a smaller waist. That suit would likely be a perfect fit. too bad you already had the alterations done or I would offer to trade something similar for it.

Still might be interested. The jacket seems a little short. if you decide it is not a good fit, let me know.

I'll keep you in mind. All of the alterations I'm making could be easily reversed.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here is the Salvation Army suit that I showed above. I have altered the trousers by sacrificing the cuff and adding a wide faux cuff in its stead.

Don't mind the poor quality photos.

me109.jpg

me110.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
Here is the Salvation Army suit that I showed above. I have altered the trousers by sacrificing the cuff and adding a wide faux cuff in its stead.

Don't mind the poor quality photos.

me109.jpg

me110.jpg

Stupendous. These faux cuffs were fashioned in the method we discussed in the faux cuff thread, is that right?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Just got this suit at a vintage fair. 2 button jacket, no vents, inside pocket on the right and in-ticket pocket on the left. Trousers have one flapped rear pocket, button fly, 10" laid flat at the cuffs, which are 1.75". 4 pocket waistcoat. The fabric is a deep blue, I don't think the pictures really picked it up, with a lighter blue and white stripes. Two small moth holes which I mended, and one sleeve was a half inch longer than the other, so I opened it up, moved the canvassing and facing back, then reapplied the buttonhole stitching and sewed everything back up.

DSC09388.jpg

DSC09393.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

The silk pocket square was in the breast pocket, and an old handkerchief was in the trousers.

Trousers
DSC09382.jpg

DSC09385.jpg

Waistcoat
DSC09386.jpg

I'm curious about what this little loop is for. Just for hanging, or does it have another purpose?
DSC09383.jpg

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Beautiful suit, Nick. A true British classic and it fits you quite well. I think the open jacket looks best, more relaxed...and it displays your watch chain.

In regard to the loop in the back of the trousers, I've heard that referred to in the U.S. as a "locker loop," presumably for hanging when a clothes prop is not available. I thought it was a modern innovation.

I'm curious to see what date the experts assign to it.

Bugsy

One Too Many
No way you could wrong with this purchase.

Nick D said:
Just got this suit at a vintage fair. 2 button jacket, no vents, inside pocket on the right and in-ticket pocket on the left. Trousers have one flapped rear pocket, button fly, 10" laid flat at the cuffs, which are 1.75". 4 pocket waistcoat. The fabric is a deep blue, I don't think the pictures really picked it up, with a lighter blue and white stripes. Two small moth holes which I mended, and one sleeve was a half inch longer than the other, so I opened it up, moved the canvassing and facing back, then reapplied the buttonhole stitching and sewed everything back up.

DSC09388.jpg

DSC09393.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

The silk pocket square was in the breast pocket, and an old handkerchief was in the trousers.

Trousers
DSC09382.jpg

DSC09385.jpg

Waistcoat
DSC09386.jpg

I'm curious about what this little loop is for. Just for hanging, or does it have another purpose?
DSC09383.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:

DSC09388.jpg

DSC09393.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

Trousers
DSC09382.jpg

DSC09385.jpg

Waistcoat
DSC09386.jpg

DSC09383.jpg

Now that's a great fit. You seem to have great luck, or work very hard looking. Maybe both.

Maguire

Practically Family
I just got a gray double breasted wool suit on ebay for 2 dolllars. Yes, that's right. two dollars. the shipping was 10 more.. it just arrived though. I dropped it off at the cleaners to fix the pants/make the waist slightly larger on the pants and let it down a bit but otherwise fits fine. My mother said it looks like something a 90 year old died in.. in other words right up my alley. I'll post pics once its back. Either way this plus the hat last week have made me a pretty happy fellow.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
DH's vintage brown suit, tie and fedora

He's not on FL yet, but hey I am and I took the pics! Does that count?
This is his first outfit bought for his recent foray into vintage garb. He has two other vintage ties bought to also go with this red/brown DB suit

suit label says Rowles Mack Good Clothes
hat is a Bond Imperial Ten
tie says Towncraft Cravats
361825940.jpg

361825943.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A nice suit DH is sporting, the fabric looks great.

And resortes, ever the hipster! At what event were those photos taken? Anymore details on the jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou